It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Search For Truth Lead To Terroristic Notions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ok, before you burn me at the stake on this one, just hear me out.

We all know that we are continuously being lied to. The media lies; teachers lie; politicians lie; pastors lie... In order to find out the truth we must search for it. Sometimes it's a hard and painful search. We learn a lot of things that we would probably be happier not knowing.

Now, that being the case, let's assume that a person finds out something that is just so mind-blowing that he/she just can't hardly take it. As time goes by, the truth bears mores and more on the individual's mind. Sooner or later, that pressure is going to turn to hate for the individuals responsible for whatever it was the person found out about.

EX: Let's just say that the individual found out that the United Nations was contributing to a study on how to create biological diseases to wipe out 3/4ths of the population.

Can you imagine what horror that would cause an individual? To know that without any doubt, to have seen the documentation, would be more than what most people's conscience could bear. That pressure would lead to hatred toward U.N associates.

Now, here's where it gets interesting. As this person begins to think about what is going on, he/she begins to think of things that could be done to stop the conspiracy. Naturally, one of the biggest things that sticks out in an individual's mind is violence.

It would be safe to assume that he/she may plot to place a bomb at a U.N sanctioned building or something of that nature. Would it not?

Now, I'm all for searching for the truth. I'm just proposing the idea that once we see the whole picture,see it in full detail, we may not like what we come across. If that be the case, depending on a person's emotional/mental health, I think a truth seeker could be very dangerous indeed.

I have often felt that the reason why some people go off the deep end, whether they be mass murderers,cult leaders, or terrorists for that matter, is because they come across some information that disturbs them so deeply that they feel they must act. That action is not always viewed, at least by the majority of us, as being the most prudent thing he/she could have done.

However, it's a wise idea to keep in mind that until you have walked a mile in someone else's shoes, you can't really effectively judge....

I am not necessarily talking about the neo-fascist Islamic terrorists in this thread, I am relating more to social of domestic terrorists that pop up from time to time. The difference is that I think most social terrorism is more information based while the Islamic terrorists are more religious based. There is quite a difference there.

I will remind everyone here that I am not condoning any form or fashion of terrorism,I am just suggesting a possible cause of it. You can either agree or agree to disagree.... but I think it's a theory that should seriously be considered.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yes but would this be classed as terrorisim if attacks were launched against the people directely involved in a crime of this awful insanity?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Yes but would this be classed as terrorisim if attacks were launched against the people directely involved in a crime of this awful insanity?

Well,the media would certainly portray it as such...Since most people believe what the mainstream media tells them,yeah, it would be classed,at least officially, as terrorism. The elite certainly wouldn't give the masses the details of the U.N's involvement in such hellish programs.....which would of led to the individual's bombing of the U.N in the first place. We would never know the full story. Just like we don't know the full true story about the Branch Davidians in Waco,Texas, bombing of Oklahoma City, or 911

new topics

join