It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If I was to look at this photo with amnesia I would say we're looking at an old european village, an area with fields, trees, river, and a few small buildings in no uniform pattern. I'd be pretty sure of that assessment. Matyas, Loofo and ArMap interpreted the picture in a similar way.

I did like Springer's lateral thinking in saying that it's a patch of dry dirt. Most people noticed the fault lines, and interpreted it as terrain in the desert, undersea or the antarctic (nice Undo).

Unfortunately the majority of us saw things that weren't there. I can now reveal there are no structures of any kind in this image. Infact, we are looking at an icy, barren terrain in the Antarctic. Imaged by NATICE as a part of its environmental research here on Earth.

HERE is the original image before I removed the color and degraded the quality slightly.

I didn't know how this experiment was going to turn out. But I'm pleased with the result. It is a definite reminder for us all to keep our speculation in check when examining Moon images. Some doubt is healthy and can only improve our investigations here. And, the acceptability of our presentation.

Remember: one man's Church is another man's Crate, and one man's River is another man's Road! And all the former, is another man's spec of dirt.

That's just the way it is.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gin

Originally posted by SteveRAs an aside, I'd like to request anyone with connections to retrieve full size pictures of AS11-38-5564 and Mariner 9 frame 4209-75.

AS11, Mariner.

AS11-38-5564
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Mariner 9 frame 4209-75
mars-news.de...

Thankyou Gin, that helps alot.

I can't seem to locate the pyramid in that frame, however this object I've highlighted looks similar. I'd like to find the full size image of AS11-38-5564.

For those interested in photo interpretation, I have created this thread.

[edit on 12/1/07 by SteveR]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I would like you to tell me if you beleive this picture has anomalies or structures in it, and what they may be, or if you see nothing at all. Best guesses welcome.

Well, in hindsight, I'd like to add that I did mention first that there was nothing in the image, mostly because I had anticipated such an experiment. I figured the whole point was to illustrate just how imaginative some people can be, and it worked like a charm.

As for my guesses on the location of said picture, well, those were just guesses. They had nothing to do with the actual challenge, as you can see quoted above.

I did like the experiment though. Quite humbling, to say the least. Good work.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Unfortunately the majority of us saw things that weren't there. I can now reveal there are no structures of any kind in this image.

oh but there ARE structures in this image. where's it from btw? cause somebody is doing something there.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
What makes you so sure?

img179.imageshack.us...

Tricks of light, and shapes in the ice.

Courtesy of www.natice.noaa.gov...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think it was a very good exercise! How can one learn if they don't try?

In fact, I wouldn't mind repeating the experiment. Perhaps a thread dedicated to exercises of this type should be begun just to hone our skills. If scores are kept then we would have a benchmark to measure ourselves against, otherwise we are all just a bunch of silly amatures, with or without monkeys.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I think that'd be a great idea.. Too bad I don't have a pic to kick 'er off with though.

Oh, and I don't have any monkeys. When were monkeys mentioned again?? Aside from that one pic that someone thought an image of a chimp was in?

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
What makes you so sure?

img179.imageshack.us...

Tricks of light, and shapes in the ice.

Courtesy of www.natice.noaa.gov...

Well unless this is a close-up view like Springer suggested, i would think some of the things i'm seeing are structures and smoke. I still see something that looks like a boat. i still see a few buildings. i see a pipeline thingy with supports and i see a pegasus statue. is this artic or antarctic?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
John Lear asked me to post this for him:

Last night I looked carefully at Acharya's Copernicus 5 pictures. Other than

the boneyard:

Which is this area in Copernicus 4:

There is not one single identifiable landmark in Acharya's Copernicus
that matches up with my Copernicus 5. I carefully plotted where the
boneyard is in both Archarya's Copernicus 5 and my Copernicus 4 and
sighted across the floor of the crater and there is nothing that matches;

no rocks, no boulders; the terrain doesn't match, craters don't match,
nothing. Also, my Copernicus 5 doesn't extends as far to the right as Acharya's pictureso it doesn't include the Boneyard. But I am certain that I have been looking in the correct area for any match. As I mentioned before, the entire mining operation in my Copernicus 5 including the tanks shown here has been clipped off or darkened:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
John Lear asked me to post this for him:

There is not one single identifiable landmark in Acharya's Copernicus
that matches up with my Copernicus 5. I carefully plotted where the
boneyard is in both Archarya's Copernicus 5 and my Copernicus 4 and
sighted across the floor of the crater and there is nothing that matches;

no rocks, no boulders; the terrain doesn't match, craters don't match,
nothing. Also, my Copernicus 5 doesn't extends as far to the right as Acharya's pictureso it doesn't include the Boneyard. But I am certain that I have been looking in the correct area for any match. As I mentioned before, the entire mining operation in my Copernicus 5 including the tanks shown here has been clipped off or darkened:

Mr. Lear, what does all this mean, that NASA has edited away those objects on purpose?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Acharya,

John Lear said in response to your question:

Of course NASA edited Copernicus 5. They edited the portion that has the mining operation. NASA's editing department must have upwards of several hundreds of artists that do nothing but airbrush offending material out of NASA photos.

Here is a photo of Kepler from a Canadian book with NASA pictures from the moon. This particular photo is LO-3-162:

And this is a picture from Apollo 12, taken several years after the picture above and as NASA artists became much more proficient at removing offending material...offending material meaning anything that would expose the extensive mining operations on the moon:

Here is what they edited out (yellow circles):

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
undo

I think that those areas marked in green rectangles (not yellow circles) are there, the second photo was not taken from the same direction as the first, it looks like it has a difference of some 30º degrees from the direction from where the first photo was taken.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have found some high resolution images of Kepler from Lunar Orbiter missions.

astrogeology.usgs.gov... lo-cgi-bin//vhFrameListPage.pl?mission=3&frame=162&site=S-26&siteName=Kepler%20Oblique

astrogeology.usgs.gov... rame=138

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
ArMap I had to repost your entire post to John
on a different forum as he is the one presenting
this particular argument. I'll let you know if he responds
erm, well maybe not. seems that's against the rules.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by undo]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I'll let you know if he responds
erm, well maybe not. seems that's against the rules.

Argh, rules...Cant live with them, cant live without them

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks John and Undo the other photo has been modified by Nasa of course like always to keep we humans on Earth in the dark. There are plenty of things to see in L0-3-162, but here is something you might have missed. Look to the right of the Kepler crater that is being mined. To the right of Kepler on the flat surface is a live looking Moon Eland, African looking antelope with twisted horns. Sorry Nasa you missed this one. What is wrong with you guys did you go to sleep? Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Perhaps a thread dedicated to exercises of this type should be begun just to hone our skills.

I agree. I see alot of benefits in doing this, you're welcome to pitch in some ideas and post images here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Well unless this is a close-up view like Springer suggested, i would think some of the things i'm seeing are structures and smoke. I still see something that looks like a boat. i still see a few buildings. i see a pipeline thingy with supports and i see a pegasus statue. is this artic or antarctic?

No not a closeup. In the top right corner of the image you can see the plane's wing. I agree this image is full of shapes triggering our brain's interpretation process. The fact we can actually verify our thoughts makes this experiment so vital. Where did you see the Pegasus Statue?

I love the boneyard btw. I remember hearing about anomalous pictures from Luna 9 (soviet probe), they appeared to show stones or boulders placed in a row, with an equal distance apart.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I found a scan of the same picture that John Lear has, it has a lower resulution but has better contrast levels. See it here:

lo2-h162-3

Source:
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
BTW, John Lear will be on C2C with George Noory on Wednesday
January 17. coasttocoastam.com...

you'll get to hear and see the research from this thread as it developed and why john and springer found the subject to be so important

[edit on 14-1-2007 by undo]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
As many of you already know John Lear will be speaking Wednesday night on Coast to Coast AM. It was nice to check out the link referenced for John and see the good word and advertisements for ATS and its members. Thanks John for giving props. This includes all of you that have helped with the research on the photos as well.

ATS and Members get Props on Coast to Coast AM

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join