It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Ape, how about you? Do you feel scientific? I have an idea.

i always feel scientific ,

though right about now - i feel like the lab rat who is being tested for his tolerance theshhold

what you got in mind ?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369...i'm afraid i'm confused by your analogy. are you stating that there may be 820 satellites registered, but that there may be many more unregistered and flying around secretively?

10-4. I was usung history as an analogy. Pardon the one liner.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Amazing pictures.......thank you so much for posting them, and thanks John Lear for giving me the link.

Shirley

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape...what you got in mind ?

Yes, thank you for responding.

I promise I will not test your tolerance to the extent it has been of late. It is just that after all this discussion about the environment in Lunar space a thought struck me.

Earlier I posted a link to a two page pdf document describing why astronauts saw what appeared to be an atmosphere, and according to the article there is one, "but not as we know it". Apparently the Sun ionizes the dust. So the soil has the same charge as the dust when it rises within the acceleration sheath, then follows a ballistic trajectory, rising as much as 10 to 100 km above the surface! Then there is a dead zone at the terminator, and a higher cloud of dust on the nightside. The difference between the two clouds is the day side is photo driven, and the night side is electron driven.

Supposedly the electron driven cloud is powered by plasma, whereas the photo driven cloud is powered by the Sun.

Now what I need to know is:

1)what is the charge of the cloud on the night side

2)what is the charge of the surface on the night side

3)what is the charge of the rock below the surface on the night side

4)what is the charge of the rock below the surface on the day side

5)are all charges neutralized in the dead zone

6)where does the plasma driver come from

That is just for starters. I am hoping you can help me answer some of those questions, and you may PM me if you need to. I am willing to discuss it in depth.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I will not go into what the bubble is as of yet. Mikesingh I see things in this particular pic near Messier craters that will make your head swim. I will only talk about one particular object in this pic, for I could write an entire book about this region. In this pic heading slightly N.W. of 1 and 2 you will notice what you would percieve to be a crater near the corner of pic, think again this is an enormous space vehicle or space station. I dectect 7 geometrical sides of frontal image attached to front of space station or space vehicle, and on top of this space vehicle or space station a stabilizer is attached to the body of craft. This vehicle or space station is huge and cylindrical in shape and contrary to popular visual belief is not resting on the surface of the Moon, but is in the atmosphere above the Earth's Moon. Believe it or not. Rik

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
These are from the bottom left of image 4...

Orginal image:

Point out the landscape...

Hmm ?

Digitally enhanced with no markings

Digitally enhanced with areas of interest highlighted

Just speculation obviously...

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Shine Shine on Earth does our Moon,
Answers about life will be coming soon.
Lumerians left images of mankind to see,
The history of everything even you and me.

You are not speculating for what you have circled on Earth's Moon is real indeed. I will give you my thoughts this evening when I have more time to explain what I see in these pics. Rik

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yandros, thanks for sharing Earth's Moon pics as well as isolating things of interest. It is very apparent life exists on the Moon from these photos. These magnificent statues, structures, life forms and animal like figures are too numerous to count. These are by far not the first time I have seen these humanoid structures and statues on the Earth's Moon. The Humanoid Moon beings from this day forward are now going to be called Moonbeis. It is very apparent the Moonbeis are beautiful humanoids and have structures they live in shaped like busts or human statue heads. This is prevalent on Mars with the tiny tiny Sandmaries, part of the Martonians and are humanoid but slightly different looking. The Sandmaries live in housing shaped like humanoid statue heads, kind of like Mother Hubard living in a shoe, and this is not a joke. This is no different than having a symbol or crest on Earth in or on your home or castle. The Sandmaries difinitely have a different mind set, why wouldn't they have? This was very apparent from photos from the Pathfinder Sojourner mission on Mars. In addition to the Moonbies, the Lumerians, beautiful humanoids, who existed on Earth between 50,000 and 1.4 million years ago left statues on the Earth's Moon to let us know we Earthlings today were not the first humans to set foot on the Moon. The greys have bases on and inside the Earth's Moon as well as on and inside our Mother Earth. I hereby claim the name Moonbies 11-4-06 Rik Riley

[edit on 4-11-2006 by rikriley]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yandros
Digitally enhanced with areas of interest highlighted

Thats the spirit! LOL your big lower circle is one of the "mine camps"
. I will look at your other circles tomorrow when I have time...

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
The Humanoid Moon beings from this day forward are now going to be called Moonbeis.

LOL I will run it by them and see what they think of that name

But we have dibs on "The Living Moon"

But ummm the mine is being run by Earthbies, with perhaps some outside help

[edit on 5-11-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonLOL I will run it by them and see what they think of that name

Um-Hum.

...mine is being run by Earthbies, with perhaps some outside help

What we think looks like a mine. "Run" is a snapshot in time from long ago. And if there is any "outside help".

The Moon, in spite of being so close and studied, is an enigma, and always has been. It has been hollow, it has had a breatheable atmosphere, it was never visited, it was mined, it figures prominently in mythology and modern science fiction stories, in short there is very little we know for sure about it.

Only an expedition will settle once and for all whether any of these are true or if it is just a boring old rock.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The first post states that the scene in the first four photographs was taken at 'LAT: 5˚30’N, LONG: 20˚00W'

Using this: www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...
I looked up Lat: 5˚ North, Long: 340˚ East (Which is the same as 5N 20W)

Intestingly it appears that this image has been airbrushed too.

But unlike the other supposed airbrushings on the images from Clementine, these appear to be quite well done, I didn't even see them at first.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Only an expedition will settle once and for all whether any of these are true or if it is just a boring old rock.

I have only one thing to say to THAT...

Find yer pants and socks and get that ship built!

I would hate to have to hitch a ride with the Chinese...

You sure? that doesn't look like Copernicus

Now here is a view taken by Apollo 12... Seems NASA has recuring interest in this area?

And here is a very interesting view that gives perspective on the view we are studying... notice the "Sphinx" in the center...

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonFind yer pants and socks and get that ship built!

I would hate to have to hitch a ride with the Chinese...

I have other pants and socks. I thought I saw one of them downtown today...

Seriously though, why do you think I am studying RS2? We cannot expose ourselves to the natural hostilities of the space environment, not unless you don't mind dying from heart disease with lots of kidney stones along the way, that is if you get to go! I don't think travelling through space is healthy, not to humans anyway, even if it is the quickest route to the Moon. We need a new fundamental framework for dealing with spacetime.

Yeah, I know, there is a huge spacerace in the private sector, but since when is occuping a new frontier done with enough foresight to soften the impact of a new environment? Probably rarely, and as more of our best venture offworld our medical infrastructure will be burdened. We can expect the average lifespan of travellers, explorers, and settlers to drop dramatically until either:

1) advances in genetic engineering render humans impervious to the space environment

2) advances in our understanding of spacetime allow us to prevent damaging ourselves

Web link describing RS2 and GA

edit to add link

[edit on 11/5/2006 by Matyas]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Okay back to the Mining Business...

A concise plan on Lunar Mining...

Lunar Mining

All lunar industries depend on mining the moon. This chapter of the Artemis Data Book details the steps and processes involved in extracting the minerals and chemicals of value from the Moon's surface.

The Artemis Project is going to take you there! The Project is a private venture to establish a permanent, self-supporting community on the Moon. Here, you will find out how we are going to get there, how we are going to pay for it, and how you can come too!

Introduction to the Artemis Project
Initial exploration base on the surface of the moon
What the Artemis Project is

Our primary goal is to establish a permanent, self-supporting exploration base on the moon. From this initial base, we will explore the moon to find the best sites for lunar mining operations, and for a permanent lunar community. Along the way, we begin commercial flights to the moon. At first these will be expedition-class flights for rugged explorers, the sort of trip that will appeal to folks who enjoy safaris, climbing mountains, and spelunking hidden caves. Eventually, the lunar tourism industry will grow into luxury-class trips on large spaceliners...

In the ancient Greek pantheon, Artemis is the twin sister of Apollo. Apollo is the sun, and Artemis is the moon...

It's not just a dream any more! ....

Formed in 1994.... this is private enterprise talking about "getting a piece of the action!"

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatyasWe cannot expose ourselves to the natural hostilities of the space environment,

So no ship till you solve RS2?

Drats... I might croak of that heart disease then from the tension of waiting...

Oh well maybe some friendly outsider will drop by and help you solve it...

Hmm

Die of disease related to space AFTER I get to see the Universe even for a glimpse...

Die of disease related to Earth bound problems never knowing the truth...

Have to think about this...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

And here is a very interesting view that gives perspective on the view we are studying... notice the "Sphinx" in the center...

Zorgon, did you notice the white tower like structure at the horizont line, close to the center of the image. Is it a structure or a light reflection?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The first post states that the scene in the first four photographs was taken at 'LAT: 5˚30’N, LONG: 20˚00W'

Intestingly it appears that this image has been airbrushed too.

But unlike the other supposed airbrushings on the images from Clementine, these appear to be quite well done, I didn't even see them at first.

The location you refer to above was the position of the spacecraft when it took the picture, not the location of Copernicus. Copernicus was about 5 degrees of latitude north of the spacecraft, that is why we are looking at an oblique image. Copernicus was about 139 kilometers to the north of the spacecraft lens.

For some reason, which I will eventually find out, the Clementine page longitude query measures east longitude to the west of the meridian. So that if you put in 340 east, it measures the longitude WEST of the prime or 0 meridian and gives you 20 east.

That means if you type in 5 north 340 east instead or 5 north 20 west for Copernicus you will not get Copernicus because 5 north is where the camera was, not Copernicus and you will get an image to the west of Mare Tranquillitatis which is 20 east. If you type in 10 north 340 east you will still get an image to the west of Mare Tranquillitatis because "Navy" 340 east is actually 20 east. I don't know why this is presented that way but I will try to find out.

If you want to see Clementine images of Copernicus you can type in 10 north 20 west. Or 10 north 20 east. They both bring up images of Copernicus.

Its possible that to simplify the question of longitude the Navy decided to dispense with 0-180 west and 0-180 east and just present 0-359 degrees and arbitraily picked east. I don't know.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That is a strange system. Why don't they say something about it on the Clementine lookup page?

Why is the public hubble shot of Copernicus cut off at the bottom?

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Yandros]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
ignornant_ape:

>You and others seem to have got the myth NASA photo tampering from magazine covers and centre spreads – which were edited for visual balance and aesthetic impact

>But the archive has never been tampered with – stop being lazy and look

Let me ask you a simple question:

Are you telling us that NASA has NEVER tampered with photographs so that "certain objects" aren't revealed to the general public?

Cheers

JS

[edit on 7-11-2006 by jumpspace]

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join