It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP"mere mortals see only rocks, the ones who see mining equipment are above mere mortals"

Hey I LIKE that one

Pareidolia was only used two times before Credulity Kills' post, so now it was used a total of three times.

LOL so are you suggesting that those "who see only rocks" also do not know how to spell? (save three exceptions?) Or is it a matter of just copying what the last dude said...

Hey ArMap... a question for you...

You know how many times it's been mentioned that all those who believe in anything John says are a cult, or "Learites" and we countered with the 'fact that there is a 'cabal' here of skeptics, with an agenda to... well who knows the agenda... I mean it wouldn't be to 'gang up' on anyone... because that WOULD make them a 'cabal'

But recently on another forum I saw a list published of members of this 'imaginary cabal'

These people were also members of the Fair Skeptics sub forum on ats,

armap
beachcoma
behindthescenes
captainlazy
cheepnis
dracotic
eaglewingz
fredt
gazrok
ignorant_ape
irma
jritzmann
lost_shaman
outrageo
scramjet76
sigung86
skepticoverlord
skip_brilliantine
sophismata
spines
spreadthetruth
springer
supercheetah
swatmedic
thelibra
toasty
torbjon
wswbkbroiler

I find this to be a very interesting list...

very interesting indeed

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hey zorg, I just finished listening John's interview at Project Camelot. What he said were some really disturbing things and as ATS member for so long I feel kinda hurt and upset if those are true. I also heard the part he mentioned you. So keep it up my friend.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Go ahead people, give rikriley more stars. He is one of the main reasons this forum is going to crap, and you guys support him.
If he makes a post that I think deserves a star you may be sure I will give it, I even gave a star to vze2xjjk once.

WE ALL know why John Lear is gone.
I don't really know, I haven't talked about it with him, and that is the only way of knowing why he did it.

You don't need disinformation agents here. When you have people like RikRiley posting, it makes all the valid posts look retarded.
How can he do that by just posting his opinion?

Do you think your posts change the way other people see other posts? If yes, why?

I never felt that a post made me change my thoughts about other posts, posts show us some data (or they should, some have very little or no data, like this one
) or the opinion of the author, and that shows us something about the author, not about the other members.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
LOL so are you suggesting that those "who see only rocks" also do not know how to spell? (save three exceptions?) Or is it a matter of just copying what the last dude said...
Maybe they do not know how to spell, I am sure I do not know.

But I think that the reason for so few uses of the word "Pareidolia" is just that many people do not even know that the word exists, I was one of those until the first time I saw that word.

Hey ArMap... a question for you...
And the question is...?

I think it would off-topic (and not even very polite) to talk about a closed (although dead) forum here.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
reply to post by rikriley

Go ahead people, give rikriley more stars. He is one of the main reasons this forum is going to crap, and you guys support him.

WE ALL know why John Lear is gone. Maybe he finally went to research things instead of pulling things out of thin air and losing all the supposed pictures and evidence he has gained throughout the years.

You don't need disinformation agents here. When you have people like RikRiley posting, it makes all the valid posts look retarded.

Gee rocksarerocks I didn't know I made that much of an impression on you. Lets see the last time I posted was 3-27-08 and I must of really got your goat.

I do appreciate you telling people, go ahead give rikriley more stars, Thank you. Have you counted how many pages this particular thread, John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS has registered? Do you know how many hours and hard work John Lear and Zorgon have put into making this one of the most popular read threads in the history of ATS.

I am but one of thousands that have come to this thread to give their opinions. I say this if you do not like what is going on with this Moon thread start your own I am sure a few people would enjoy what you have to say.

You must remember John Lear is no longer sharing info and answering questions on this Moon thread and he and Zorgon were and for Zorgon is the cog that drives the wheel not to mention a few others I have not named, but I will take the blame for you not liking this thread. Rik Riley

[edit on 5-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Those are great pictures of the moon... takes me back to when I was a kid.. and the first time I got to look through a telescope and saw the craters on the moon.... Now was there suppose to be some structures on there....???? I didnt see any thing that looked suspicious???? did any one else?????????

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

WHAT??? I'm not on that list? My fragile little ego has been hurt.

In all seriousness though, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. In the case of these pictures, I think the verdict is still out, as there appear to be several images that beg questions that can't be answered by any physical means of optical manipulation. The only answer to some of them, in my opinion anyway, is that what we're seeing is really there. Now, what it is that we're seeing is still up for debate, but it is still there, regardless.

Just my $0.02.

TheBorg

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I wonder if I was to take a picture of my grandkids huge dirt pile they play on,,, if we could find some interesting stuffff if we looked close enough??? its a pile of red clay,,, and i could say it was the surface of mars.. somebody should try that for an experiment,,, or would that be uncool???

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
WHAT??? I'm not on that list? My fragile little ego has been hurt.

Hmmm perhaps before your time?
I can make a few calls and see if I can get you on that list

In all seriousness though, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. In the case of these pictures, I think the verdict is still out, as there appear to be several images that beg questions that can't be answered by any physical means of optical manipulation. The only answer to some of them, in my opinion anyway, is that what we're seeing is really there. Now, what it is that we're seeing is still up for debate, but it is still there, regardless.

HEY Nice to see you still kicking

Well then lets get to another rock shall we? This one was brought to my attention by ziggystar60

And THIS time I will tell you "Its just a rock!!!"

But what's on the rock well, actually under the rock as NASA says the image is of the bottom of the rock so they must have flipped it over....

For the moment there will be no enhancement, no coloration nada... just a actual size clip from the NASA original...

Here is the clip from AS15-86-11570 Closeup

Now I am going to start a new thread on this one, because this one is getting to long... but I needed to put it here as well

Liquid Water Found on the Moon?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have read that the mountains and such in the furthest distances of the moon in the photos we have are the same clarity as the rocks and such close up is due to the fact the there is no atmosphere on the moon.

If the moon has an atmosphere then surely the distance would be a little blurred due the atmosphere right?

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Twisted-Inside-Out]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twisted-Inside-Out
I have read that the mountains and such in the furthest distances of the moon in the photos we have are the same clarity as the rocks and such close up is due to the fact the there is no atmosphere on the moon.

If the moon has an atmosphere then surely the distance would be a little blurred due the atmosphere right?

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Twisted-Inside-Out]

great question. my answer would be that, honestly, those images that show "background" in the apollo missions isn't even a real background. Seriously? those smooth, white blobs? Do they look the same as, say, copernicus (which looks tantilizingly close to a strip mine), in John's images? Do you really think they are the massive mountain ranges that were described in the audio? I mean, those mountains are contained in one shot, nearly the width of an astronaut's shoulders.

Methinks that you can't trust any of the images to be what they say they are.

I didn't realize NASA was located in Denmark, but somehting sure is rotten.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Out here in the high desert of nevada the skys are crystal clear and a really dark deep blue and you can see forever...

Why? Because the air out here is dry and has little dust in it... The atmosphere on the moon even according to John is not that thick only a few thousand feet and breathable for a short time only... There is no water vapor or pollution so it will be clear..

Except when the dust storms rage...

You know the Astronauts saw some beautiful sunset and sunrise rays up there ... too bad they didn't thing of snapping a shot

[image tags]

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Jbird]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
True but look at how the the colours change, from right up close out to the mountain.

But the moon is obviously not the most colourful example I agree, guess there's no way to tell really.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well the Earth has a lot of water in the air not the Moon...

But the moon is obviously not the most colourful example I agree, guess there's no way to tell really.

Hmmmm yes NASA does like that washed out gray look

I lean more towards this

Full Moon

But would sunset rays on the moon help to convince you?

How about clouds of dust that follow the terminator?

And I suppose it would have to come from NASA right? So you would believe it?

[edit on 20-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It wouldn't have to come from NASA.

I believed all planets in this solar system had life long before I came to ATS.

I'm just asking the questions I have and listening to the answers.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I only have a couple of questions.

1. Colour photo's where taken but these photo's never get shown why?

and

2. all the photo's bar the odd 1 or 2 are all out of focus colour or black and white, are we to believe that they spent all this money on rubbish when it comes to photography?

I'm really interested in getting an answer to these questions

BTW nice photo's (albeit) out of focus.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

What photos are you talking about, photos from the Apollo missions or photos from all missions?

There are many colour photos available, maybe you haven't been looking for them or you have been looking in the wrong places.

The same can be said about the out of focus photos, they are just a minority among the thousands of photos taken.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sometimes NASA has its moments...

DUST STORMS ON THE MOON

Every lunar morning, when the sun first peeks over the dusty soil of the moon after two weeks of frigid lunar night, a strange storm stirs the surface.

The next time you see the moon, trace your finger along the terminator, the dividing line between lunar night and day. That's where the storm is. It's a long and skinny dust storm, stretching all the way from the north pole to the south pole, swirling across the surface, following the terminator as sunrise ceaselessly sweeps around the moon.

Never heard of it? Few have. But scientists are increasingly confident that the storm is real.

MOON STORMS
science.nasa.gov...

No rather than say there is more atmosphere than our FACT SHEET told you about... they have come up with LEVITATING MOON DUST

Hehehe

Well at least all those astronomers and anomaly hunters that have been seeing clouds on the moon are vindicated... be it atmosphere or mag lev dust

But you know if there IS NO ATMOSPHERE why is NASA planning THIS mission?

NASA has announced plans for a Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE) satellite and two small landers to be launched to the Moon by 2014.

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

To be honest it looks like ice sheets in the polar regions

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
After considerable study into moon and mars phenomena... I guess I'm not sure what I believe. However, take a look at this photo:

[img=http://img194.imagevenue.com/loc393/th_84486_indian_Head2_122_39 3lo.jpg]

This photo was taken just north of Montana with Google Earth. These two Indian heads are incontrovertibly "human like". In fact, they are the best examples of natural human-like faces on a geological feature I've ever seen.

Because they're here on earth... we don't think anything of it. If we saw this on Mars or the Moon, we would be saying that aliens did it. The accuracy of the nose, the lips, and even the eyes are perfect. It surely cannot be an "accident", right?

I guess my point is that when I look at moon pictures and photos of Cydonia on Mars, and try to make out what people say are "ruins", it looks no more convincing to me than this photo here.

However, I'm intrigued enough to continue looking into all this.
Thanks much.

PS: I re-edited because I found more photos in the same region of Canada, just north of Montana:

New Face: [img=http://img198.imagevenue.com/loc85/th_86775_Another_Face_122_85lo .jpg]

Pyramids of Canada:
[img=http://img17.imagevenue.com/loc681/th_86782_Canada_Pyramids_12 2_681lo.jpg]

Region showing both in proximity. Just like Cydonia....
[img=http://img221.imagevenue.com/loc84/th_86788_ region_of_indian_head_and_pyramid_122_84lo.jpg]

[edit on 19-7-2008 by drumdr]

top topics

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join