It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 255
<< 252  253  254    256  257  258 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
Let me show you the problem in a contour enhanced version of Zorgon's picture. How come the edges of the "compound" are perfectly straight and not pixelated at all?

Well, I might be able to dismiss what you say as a fact, all except for the fact that if you look to the NE of the crater that that "structure" is in, you see another one in the little dip past the larger crater to the NE. Kind of "right over the hill", so to speak. I found this one when I popped back into the thread last night, and thought that I'd point it out.

What is it? I dunno, but it sure doesn't look natural to me. Why just those two craters? If this is some sort of hardware malfunction, then why don't ALL of the craters have the same stuff in them? Also, why would NASA allow these things to be seen by casual observers, unless they themselves didn't know they were there? That's quite unlikely, when one considers the fact that they so carefully scrutinize every single millimeter of film that they recover.

What are we to make of this one? You've got me on this one. I'm completely bumfuzzled.

Out Lunar Prospecting,
TheBorg

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
BFT,

i don't know why. usually, if it's a human structure, they cover it in regolith (too many neutrinos or something). at least, they do in their documents regarding possible moon bases.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Well, I might be able to dismiss what you say as a fact, all except for the fact that if you look to the NE of the crater that that "structure" is in, you see another one in the little dip past the larger crater to the NE.

Not sure what you mean. Is it in the same picture? NE would be bottom-left corner?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
there is this weird "thing/building/look-out plat-form" on this picture of the "Copernicus crater",

let me tell you were to look on the picture.. go to the far right (top)corner...then measure from there going back toward the left corner
2 1/2 inches, then measure straight down from there 1 3/4 inches.. here's what I see "a platform with a little box-like building on it, with one window right in the middle" the whole thing is 1/4 inch long on the picture .

www.honeysucklecreek.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

source =honeysuckle creek .net www.honeysucklecreek.net...

does anybody see what I'm seeing?? Its like a look-out compound on the ridge.

ruff

[edit on 16-2-2008 by RUFFREADY]

[edit on 16-2-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
there is this weird "thing/building/look-out plat-form" on this picture of the "Copernicus crater",

www.honeysucklecreek.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

does anybody see what I'm seeing?? Its like a look-out compound on the ridge.

Oh probably. lol we've went over that entire set of images with a fine tooth comb. you can see alot of them at
thelivingmoon.com...
but it'd be interesting if you could find a way to point out what you're referring to

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thanks undo,

Maybe when I get the energy to play with my photo shop I could circle it( I was hopeing someone would do it for me, as I'm taking my pain med's and to lazy from my little surgery, I just fell like typeing and reading now and then he he he he )

Its on the cliff, almost 3 inches from top corner then down a less than a couple of inches. You can't miss it , its a platform "with a little square building in the middle"..but if nobody see's it or can't understand me right now , its ok.lol

the living moon is cool thats fer sure !!

ruff

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

This picture:

is at the NE corner of the big one in the lower left of this picture.

Now, if you look NE of the biggest crater, you'll see another crater that's slightly smaller. If you zoom in close on the crater just NE of IT, you'll see the exact same phenomena. I don't know how else to describe it, as I don't have the savvy to crop the images as I need them, and post them here. I'm not sure if Zorgon can crop them for me, but he knows what I'm talking about.

One note, make sure to save the second picture there to your computer so that you can closely examine it's features. I think you'll be impressed.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For those lazier than myself
, here is the list of the images that I talked about earlier, the Apollo 17 images that show (if I am not mistaken) the area with the "walls".

AS17-151-23132
AS17-151-23133
AS17-151-23134
AS17-151-23135
AS17-151-23136
AS17-151-23137
AS17-151-23138
AS17-151-23139
AS17-151-23140

The last two images should show that area closer to the camera, so they should be the best to look for the "wall".

Edit: I forgot to say that I cropped and rotated the images because most of them did not fit in the 1.5MB limit of ImageShack. I saved them with the highest possible JPEG quality.

[edit on 17/2/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There is definitely something at the bottom of this crater. It is visible in several Apollo 11 frames:

I expected to see it better in the foreground of AS17-151-23138, and at the edge of AS17-151-23139. The constrast was very low, I had to boost it quite a lot to see anything - a darker hexagonal area maybe?

It looks airbrushed.

The images were not resized, and no aggressive filtering was applied.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

ahh...a healthy skeptic.

Star for you, sir.
At least you will admit to seeing SOMETHING, even if you don't take much of a leap beyond that.

Welcome aboard, its nice to have a reasonable and dissenting voice to keep all of us honest.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I am sorry, could you please point to the crater you are talking about?

I am a little lost with all those craters, I think I have seen more craters in these two days than in all my life.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
this is all very interesting. i'm especially proud of our resident true blue skeptic, armap, for unprejudically giving us really good photos to pour over.

they could be better photos, but they have some real gems in them.
i saw a couple spots that just made me laugh they were so obvious.
the moon sure is a weird place.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Its on the cliff, almost 3 inches from top corner then down a less than a couple of inches. You can't miss it , its a platform "with a little square building in the middle"..but if nobody see's it or can't understand me right now , its ok.lol

ruff

yeah, we need to make a alpha-numeric grid of it so you can name which area of the grid.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

There is definitely something at the bottom of this crater. It is visible in several Apollo 11 frames:

Well that's interesting. What is it? Doncha wish you could get a big telescope that could see this stuff clearly? it's irritating not knowing what we're seeing but knowing it looks odd for moon terrain

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Maybe the "wall" is visible in AS17-151-23139, or it's a compression artifact.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Maybe the "wall" is visible in AS17-151-23139, or it's a compression artifact.

where's the wall in the image?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
here's your grid, ruffready
click it to see full image

[edit on 17-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Don't tell me you only see rocks.

I think it's the slightly whiter lines inside the yellow line.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by undo

Don't tell me you only see rocks.

I think it's the slightly whiter lines inside the yellow line.

egads! mon dieu!
erm, ah, wow, that's dinky.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'll try and see if this works [img]mailhtml:mid://00000018/!CID:[FF0A500A-A635-4471-8E0F-AE1E0187BD8C]/Copernicus.jpg[/img]

i circled the building

good pics everyone, that "is" something in the crater in those 3 pics on the above post, looks geometrically weird.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by RUFFREADY]

[edit on 17-2-2008 by RUFFREADY]

new topics

top topics

<< 252  253  254    256  257  258 >>

join