It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 254
<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Zorgon should have said that what he posted was an enhancement.

I already knew the image, so I don't have a problem with that, but for those that see it for the first time they should see the original and the enhancement presented as such. As it was, it could have been interpreted as just an enlargement of the original.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The same area, with a different perspective, but low res:

These articles Moon Pyramid and Another Pyramid? claim there is a Ziggurat-like, step pyramid in its center.

Do you see the pyramid in the AS11-38-5564 picture? I don't. Does anyone have access to the 1000 dpi scan mentioned in the 2nd link?

Either it was airbrushed by NASA or someone made a mistake.

[edit on 2008-2-16 by nablator]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

With this kind of "enhancement" my left foot would look square too. No PS filter can account for it IMHO.

Another mistake on Zorgon's site: Crater 308 (Daedalus) is not visible in AS11-41-6156 or AS11-38-5564. It is much larger.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
reply to post by ArMaP

With this kind of "enhancement" my left foot would look square too. No PS filter can account for it IMHO.

Another mistake on Zorgon's site: Crater 308 (Daedalus) is not visible in AS11-41-6156 or AS11-38-5564. It is much larger.

it still looks square to me. there are some protrusions along the left hand wall, that detract from the squareness of it, but even then it doesn't look natural to me.

i've seen many such examples. it's just this is the only one the skeptics claimed they could see. this does not mean the others are invalidated, however. in fact, i think the opposite may be true. the less attention or validity given to an anomalie, the more likely it is truly unexplainable.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
p.s. the (currently) unexplainable is not evidence for or against, it merely raises the question: what is it? it's up to us to figure that out, if possible. if not possible, we can only conjecture. but even making guesses is prefereable to ignoring it entirely from a scientific standpoint, i should think.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

it still looks square to me. there are some protrusions along the left hand wall, that detract from the squareness of it, but even then it doesn't look natural to me.

Why call it a wall then? Or a square? The left edge is far from straight, the right edge does not exist, the bottom edge is 6x2 pixels.

It's too small to analyze. JPEG compression artifacts are larger than this "wall".

I'm looking forward to better scans from the apollo.sese.asu.edu...
Arizona State University Apollo Image Archive - hopefully soon to be completed.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

I don't know if the image was scanned at 1000 DPI, they say "processed", and that probably means that they only resized it, it looks like a resized version and not a higher resolution scan, which would have introduced different artifacts.

I had noticed that too.

Also, image AS11-44-6611, that does show Daedalus, does not show that area more to the west.

At the moment, I have found that there are these images from that area:
AS11-38-5564

AS11-41-6156

AS11-41-6157

and AS11-44-6614

This last one is available in a higher resolution.
Because of the change made to the forum code that breaks the normal functioning of ImageShack's thumbnails I can only post a link, a thumbnail that only links to the thumbnail or a very large image.
I will post only a link.
AS11-44-6614

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why call it a wall then? Or a square?

Because that's what it looks like?
I dunno, that seems like the most logical explanation?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The sequence AS17-151-23132 to AS17-151-23140 also shows that area.

They will be available for some time at this FTP site.

If they are not available go to this page, select the mission (AS17), the roll (151) and the numbers wanted.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
those are very cool, Armap.

This one in particular was fun.
img523.imageshack.us...
pop it into a graphics program, zoom in and let the physics lesson begin.

yeppers, really interseting.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Undo, that is a good picture. I am finding myself strapped for time today, so i cannot excerpt the piece of the image for reposting here....

but at the top (if you rotte it 90 degrees CCW) there is a crater/hill that is much, much brighter than anything else in this image. Almost like an LTP was captured.

There are quite a few interesting areas. It helps to turn it CCW so that the eyes can match the perspective that our brain is used to.

I also see two square plains. Considering some of the links we have seen (mostly from Jack), one could easily think he/she saw some camoflauged buildings.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Undo, that is a good picture. I am finding myself strapped for time today, so i cannot excerpt the piece of the image for reposting here....

but at the top (if you rotte it 90 degrees CCW) there is a crater/hill that is much, much brighter than anything else in this image. Almost like an LTP was captured.

There are quite a few interesting areas. It helps to turn it CCW so that the eyes can match the perspective that our brain is used to.

I also see two square plains. Considering some of the links we have seen (mostly from Jack), one could easily think he/she saw some camoflauged buildings.

yeah, i saw that one too.
i was like... coool, thanks armap

anyway, i can understand their skepticism to a degree. there's a possibility some of the things we are noticing are mundane but all of them? what are the odds? i swear, the odds are so great on some things, if we had them on the day of lottery sweepstakes, we'd all be extremely wealthy by even american standards.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
AS11-44-6614 is a good replacement for the unavailable high res version of AS11-38-5564. The angle and shadows are nearly the same. No "compound" in it, but the "pyramid" is there!

The alleged "pyramid" in AS11-38-5564 (courtesy KKsamurai)

... looks more eroded in AS11-44-6614:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

AS11-44-6614 is a good replacement for the unavailable high res version of AS11-38-5564. The angle and shadows are nearly the same. No "compound" in it, but the "pyramid" is there!

The alleged "pyramid" in AS11-38-5564 (courtesy KKsamurai)

very cool.

wow, new stuff coming out all the time.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'd love to see a confirmation. No one can find online the hi-res scan this was cropped from. Maybe it was ordered from NASA?

For reference and orientation a rotated 90° and contrasted version of AS11-44-6614. The "pyramid" is at pixel 2544 from the left, 2042 from the top.

The "walled compound" should be plainly visible in AS17-151-23140 (no dark shadows there) but it is not.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

This is an extraordinarily lazy post....but wasn't there a similar structure found by one of our ATSers that was located on Mars?

The Ziggurat is so easy to see in the picture you showed, it could serve as another "deal breaker" for skeptics.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe Mikesingh in a post with a 3D rendering from ESA?

This thread?

Edit: I forgot to say that shadows look wrong for the ziggurat to be there, it almost looks like an inverted ziggurat.

[edit on 16/2/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Shadows look good IMO, left of the "pyramid", right of the craters. What doesn't look good is the other pictures. Couldn't spot any of the two anomalies in them.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
hrm, still looks like a walled compound with a ziggurat or other building in the middle. i'd definitely like more confirmation of this one.
if this is for real, it's really quite interesting

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
hrm, still looks like a walled compound with a ziggurat or other building in the middle. i'd definitely like more confirmation of this one.
if this is for real, it's really quite interesting

Yeah, or a solid, "concrete" bunker on an engineered hill.

Why would they have made that precipice? Does there not seem to be good real estate nearby? What is so important in this area that this building was made?

new topics

top topics

<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join