It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreadniah
Can these things only be detected by those with open minds?

Yup seems so... because those with closed minds are not even looking, because they are so sure they are right that they don't have to.

Notice to anyone coming new to the beginning of the thread...

Many of the images in the early posts are no longer there for many reasons so if you have a question about any one in particular just ask... they are all archived

[edit on 8-2-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
posting so the thread will page over.
gotta read zorgon's last post and for some reason new posts on new pages don't show up till there's a second one.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Yup seems so... because those with closed minds are not even looking, because they are so sure they are right that they don't have to.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by zorgon]

Hmmm, then Ignorance must be a very frustrating state of mind indeed, lol
No worries about previous images with me as there's plenty to get on with in the 5 Originally presented, although I couldn't find any Lunar Cranes
lol, out of the original 5 can anyone point me to the relevant pic' please?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yes, only people with "open minds" see those things, but the funniest part is that some people see some things and other people see other things, so they must have their minds opened in different ways.

But many people that see those things do not have their minds opened for different theories, only for those that they like, so can those really be considered people with open minds? But they do see those things...

Or could it be that this has nothing to do with open minds?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Yes, only people with "open minds" see those things, but the funniest part is that some people see some things and other people see other things, so they must have their minds opened in different ways.

But many people that see those things do not have their minds opened for different theories, only for those that they like, so can those really be considered people with open minds? But they do see those things...

Or could it be that this has nothing to do with open minds?

Hmm, that's yet another factor.... they are all correct
Now we're entering into the Quantum realm?
Soo, although it may have nothing to do with a Mind being open it has everything to do with the Mind, still, "if you Will, you Will".. A statement of duel meanings but only 1 is real

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
( a study of images AS15-83-11218 to 34 has been moved to it's own thread.
)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon
With missing images and alot of discussion saw one mention of "J" saying its lint, The following crater wall seems to have writing, was this discussed?
A small crater is wiping out the curl on the "J" also making it mor like a "J"
the writing could be "Joh something" :-) except th writing seems to be befoe the small crater was formed
[

Full image here img206.imageshack.us...
Not sure my mind is open or closed but my eyes want to read this and not scan it, upper left in Copernicus 1

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Eagle1229]

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Eagle1229]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Perhaps but even for the open minded images as seen on these photos could also be nothing more that a Rorschach Ink Blot. The person analyzing the image may see what he or she wants too as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eagle1229
reply to post by zorgon
With missing images and alot of discussion saw one mention of "J" saying its lint, The following crater wall seems to have writing, was this discussed?
A small crater is wiping out the curl on the "J" also making it mor like a "J"
the writing could be "Joh something" :-) except th writing seems to be befoe the small crater was formed
[

Full image here img206.imageshack.us...
Not sure my mind is open or closed but my eyes want to read this and not scan it, upper left in Copernicus 1

I noticed that as well and have no explanation other than it looks artifical, like writing or doors/tunnels/something artifical, covered in a layer of regolith (moon dirt)

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by undo
more]
Thanks undo, Lazar's scan of Mr Lear's photo is better than NASA's
hires scan at www.lpi.usra.edu...
in most respects but not all. I am afraid only Mr Lear using an eyeglass and strong light source to override the heavy contrast can add anymore.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
comparative analysis of an area of the one you posted, vs. the same area in the one john posted

whatcha think?

[edit on 11-2-2008 by undo]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think I see four legged lander in the right hand image. Or, I see a gas grill, no...wait.....a party tent.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
reply to post by undo

I think I see four legged lander in the right hand image. Or, I see a gas grill, no...wait.....a party tent.

gazebo, perhaps? um, a pyramid on stilts? ^_^ no clue what it is, but it doesn't look natural

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ive got a set of pic's for view in my Flickr account. Some are very interesting to say the least and in a decent photo editor there are more details than at first seen.
The Moon has some very interesting Geo architecture going on.
Moon pics

[edit on 11-2-2008 by VType]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
OK, I admit, I am stumped. Maybe I need to get a newer, bigger computer monitor.

When all I see are blurry, pixellated images of the Moon, while others are seeng structures, artificial constructs...I just have to scratch my head, sorry.

I have seen a documentary where a woman saw the Virgin Mary in the pattern of the wood on a door in her house. We have people who find John Kerry's head in a potato chip...and Abraham Lincoln too!...not to mention, others can find the same likenesses in the actual potato!! (not a political statement...keep your sense of humor). Actually, the preponderence of religous icon 'sightings' should make one sit up and take notice...not that there is anything spiritual going on, but it demonstrates the Human propensity to see patterns...it is an evolutionary trait, especially useful in early Man's development. Realize how easily we humans recognize, and more importantly, remember faces. Imagine, for a moment, if you were tasked to do the same thing with a series of Chimpanzee faces...or Gorilla faces...or Lemur faces.

I think the average Chimp, Gorilla, or Lemur would be, if they could communicate adequately with us, more adept at recognizing faces from their OWN species easiest, just as we find it easy to recognize human faces.

It may seem I have diverted the thread, but I have not...my original point, regarding some disputed pictures of Luna, is that when one tries VERY hard to spot an anomaly, one tends to find it. I am not going to argue that these things ARE NOT there, I am just saying that some definitive proof would be welcomed...afraid, though, that even photos will be dismissed, nowadays. Relegated to being accused of being 'photoshopped', or otherwise manipulated. Is there no way to authenticate pictures, to remove all doubt?

I very much wish to either see verifiable photos of Apollo 11, thru 17 (minus 13), and, or, proof of ET structures confirming what others have been saying for years....

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

Very GOOD Despite your attempt at humor... you have just stated that you see a four legged SOMETHING

The point is in John's image version you can see this object clearly, in the NASA version it's just a blob

Originally posted by weedwhacker

OK, I admit, I am stumped. Maybe I need to get a newer, bigger computer monitor.

Mr Whacker... if you cannot see the four legged object in the previous post than I too must agree you may have a monitor problem

but it demonstrates the Human propensity to see patterns...

Yes Mr Whacker and many of us have no difficulty recognizing the small pyramid shape siting on four thin legs... despite your silly attempted obfuscation with Madonna in Toast and Gorilla faces... a typical cry of the skeptic to be sure... this 'pattern recognition'

And quite frankly coming from you , a self claimed pilot of many hours experience (yet to be verified) I find this strange...

Here is a littlt bit of info from the Military...

Chapter 9 MILITARY MAN IN SPACE
9-1 Man Versus Machine
www.fas.org...

Humans are particularly adept at perceiving patterns, even when not expected. A human is able to selectively observe and vary his focus on ground targets or objects not previously captured on film. Satellite sensors are limited to specific wavebands and lack the ability to capture movement and to provide true color representation. The human eye, on the other hand, is capable of capturing movement and discriminating between thousands of colors and hues. The human eye requires only 4% contrast, while commonly used sensors are in the range of 30%. The analytical capability of humans also enables them to differentiate between small, closely spaced objects. For example, a U.S. Navy oceanographer who was on board one of the shuttle missions noticed that, under certain conditions, relatively straight lines were visible on the ocean surface below. It was discovered that these were wakes of ships. In some cases the wakes were visible several days after the ship had passed through the area. No sensors had been designed to detect this phenomena because no one had thought that wakes would be observable from space for such a long time in the turbulent oceans. On other missions, astronauts have detected geological features that had not been detected by sensors because scientists and engineers had not known about them and, therefore, had not designed sensors to do so.

The military pays a lot of big bucks for people that have 'recognition skills' in photo analysis... and just because YOU see nothing but blurry images and cannot tell a rock from a four legged pyramid, please do not assume that others must therefore be 'seeing things in the clouds'

Even darkbluesky pointed out the four legs... and Undo did not add a description of what we see in that image. Now that image is simply enlarged from John's scan with a little tint in color to highlight and is easy to see on the original

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You, Zorgon,

Still doubt my verity?!?

Pray you, challenge me via U2U.

(I speak in such silly parlance...to accept your challenge!)

BTW...have you bothered to read any of my OTHER posts?

It's simple....click on my USERNAME, and follow the threads...

Oh, I am using my inner voice...it is from Family Guy!!

Hah! Vengence is mine/////

(well, it loses a little o fits 'vengenace' when....well....."vengenace" is misspelled...and 'misspelled' is mispelled!!! And...., I have a run-on word to boot!!!!

OMG!!! I forgot to add the c;osng paranthesis!!!!

I am doomed!!!

Well, Dear Knight, Zoonr...I mean, Zorgn....I mean, Zorgoon

Damn, I mean "orgon"...darn it!!! 'Zorgon'

There! I am falling on your sword...at your mercy...do your worst.....

(hey! I'm suppliczting 'ere!)!!! do yur wurst!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

WOW....see what happens when you get online at 3am? Did you have mushrooms on your pizza?

Zorgon is correct. If he were not, then we would likely not have other visual acuity requirements beyond the casual "is he blind" form of measurement.

I can read a stop sign from the other end of the block, but my vision is still not good enough to be a pilot for the Air Force.

Viscual acuity (as well as having the noodle to process the visual information being seen) is certain to vary from individual to individual. Just the same as we cannot all be wine tasters, and would explain why some people think they should be trying out for American Idol.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ah Herr Whacker...

I see your spell checker is malfunctioning...

LOL As to the 'Pilot' issue... it is not whether or not I believe you... however on your arrival here you called John out on his credentials, as did Access Denied and John , not having anything to hide, (nor hiding behind an avatar), as his career is a matter of public record, duly posted those credentials..

Therefore it seems to me only fair play to expect the same 'revelation' from you...

But of course that would require you showing your real name...

Personally I think this should be a new T&C Rule here

If you claim to be a PhD in Physics... you should have to post your shingle before being allowed to make such a claim

If you claim to be a pilot you should reasonably be expected to supply proof of such...

This would apply to ANYONE claiming 'expertise' in any subject, or working at any job that gives them 'inside information' I know the mods do try to get this verification but they can't be everywhere.

I don't care if this verification is supplied privately to the mods who can then verify it, thus the poster can maintain his anonymous status... but there are currently two threads where people are claiming to be employees of Area51 and this has degenerated into a feud on which one is telling the truth between the two of them, like children, and there is the Pine Gap thread by Doghead... (who has been a hard core skeptic against John and others, and now preaches the same tune, again without any support, images, documents or proof that he ever did work there...

Surely its time with all the hoaxing that has hit ATS to demand a stricter guidance for those who 'thump chest' and wave 'doctorates' in our face, but won't let us see them... yet those same people are the quickest to attack the credentials of others like Ken Johnston

Now as regards the 'pattern recognition' here is an old image I have posted before from the RAF from WWII... this image was good enough to plan bombing missions... yet even I have trouble making out what they call a 'rocket' and a 'trailer'

So if all anyone visiting this thread sees is 'blurry pictures' or 'just rock', then I am sorry you cannot see more. But there is also nothing I can do about it short of breaking into the image archives that are hidden from us, nor can I 'make you see' what we see without resorting to over compensation like Richard Hoagland does ( a method that actually seems to work considering the followers and member support he has)

But those that do see what we see generally are in agreement with WHAT they see, they only vary in opinion of what it MIGHT be... like this 'walled enclosure... no one that I know of is seeing a gorilla face in this image... even a CBS news reporter saw the four walls, though had no comment other than it 'looks like four walls'

I have posted this several times... this ONE IMAGE that is un altered save a simple enlargement from a NASA source image always gets the same responses from skeptics... either silence... or a vague admission they see 'something odd' but refuse to make the leap to 'something artificial' but have no way to explain this as a 'natural formation'

Now lets take a vote...

A) I see a fuzzy blur...
B) I see nothing but rocks
C) I see what appears to be four walls...
D) Its obviously not natural

[edit on 12-2-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreadniah
Hmm, that's yet another factor.... they are all correct
Now we're entering into the Quantum realm?

Yes very good point
Sounds like a thread in the making

Maybe there are 'separate realities' and you have to be 'in tune' with yours to see anything...

Yup definitely a thread here

new topics

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join