It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I always thought this one was prettier though.

Source

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

There doesn't appear to be anything 'Air Brushed' in this rather good photo
so where is the reactor?

I'm sure that this has been addressed before but I'd be interested to hear them again?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sorry, posted the update from JAXA in the wrong thread

[edit on 14/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

I think that the "reactor" is just the result of a combination of factors.

1. In some circumstances and to some people, the crater (like any other crater) may look like a feature above the ground instead of a feature dug in the ground. It has happened to me many times, so I now rotate the images 180º to see if I change my mind with the change of view. This happens because of the clues that we use to recreate in our mind 3D objects from 2D images, in the same way we see this image
as a raised button and this
as a pushed button.

2. The strange colours that sometimes are more visible than others and that are stronger when seen in ultraviolet, are interpreted as Cherenkov radiation, the familiar glow seen on some photos of nuclear reactors, but that can also be from fluorescence.

3. People see what they want to see, especially when they are expecting to see things that will prove their ideas right and other people's ideas wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
neverworld.net...

My first post!!!
Having spent months glued to this site looking at moon pictures i have now got blurry eyes.
I have noticed on the above image supplied earlier by Sherpa, a strange formation that looks like an aladdins lamp (in my opinion). I have searched through this post and have not found any previous reference to it.
Describing it's position is proving difficult but for the want of a better way here goes.
It is situated in the 5th layer up from bottom, to the right of the centre, just out of the shadow of the 3 peaks. (sorry)
It does not look natural. (in my opinion)
It seems to be reflective. (in my opinion)

I would love to know what you think as i have got blurry eyes and this discussion truly does fascinate me.

I apologise to all if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Many Thanks

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yep... That's why some craters look like "pimples" instead of "dimples". I read about this optical effect years ago, in a pop science magazine.

In the above pic of the Aristarchus crater, it is important to remember that we are looking at the lower portion of the spherical shape (the Moon).

Anyway, there are plenty of more "mundane" looking pictures which show it for what it is, i.e. a crater

[edit on 15-1-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Anyway, there are plenty of more "mundane" looking pictures which show it for what it is, i.e. a crater

LOL except that isn't a photograph... its a generated image created from Hubble and Clementine data sets by Dr Garvin as a frame in an animation... we have gone through this before...

Silly Lemming

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
LOL except that isn't a photograph... its a generated image created from Hubble and Clementine data sets by Dr Garvin as a frame in an animation... we have gone through this before...

Silly Lemming

Did BS really say that the picture was a photograph ? I think not.
Its a 3D rendered picture based ON photographs and radar data. I really don't see the "difference".. other than its more reliable to study.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by tep200377]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

Yes, tep...BS called it a picture...

and, at the bottom of the rendering is the wikipedia source, if I am not mistaken....

Good catch.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fairfordflightpath
Having spent months glued to this site looking at moon pictures i have now got blurry eyes.

Welcome... thanks for going through all the posts

I think the area you are referring to is what John calls the "Bone Yard"... If I am wrong from your description let me know...

Here is a closeup of the object I think you are referring to....

There is also this "bright light"....

I have noticed on the above image supplied earlier by Sherpa,

The image from Neverworld is Access Denied's version. Several of the main anomalies are not as recognizable in his version as in John's original bitmap scans (This was cause for some 'agitated' debate a while back
)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Beautiful picture of that big ditch!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Z,

In reference, well, actually, in John's reference to a 'Bone Yard'...you do know what he meant, right? In aviation vernacular it indicates, or refers to, a place where old aircraft are kept after being put out of service, kept in 'outdoor' storage to be later salvaged as need be. Or, sometimes, in the case of airliners here on Earth, an extended storage in hopes that someone will come along and want to buy and refurbish the old girl, put it back in to the air...

So, with that in mind...why in the heck would there be a 'Bone Yard' on the surface of the Moon? If the Moon is hollow, wouldn't it be better protected from the occasional meteorite down below? Or, is it just easier topside, since what are the chances...? Oh, but those pesky humans and their flying machines might get a picture...let's spend the extra money and carve out a cavern for them...worth it, we have unlimited energy at our disposal...

I'm not trying to be funny...(well, just a little)...but I couldn't resist, once I read the 'Bone Yard' bit. My Critical Thinking Hat is firmly in place...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I'm not trying to be funny...(well, just a little)...but I couldn't resist, once I read the 'Bone Yard' bit. My Critical Thinking Hat is firmly in place...

Good thing, because you would never make the grade at Comedy Central here in Vegas...

Don't know if you have noticed with that 'Critical Thinking Hat' covering your eyes that wherever mankind goes we leave a scrap yard behind... just look at all the junque we dump into space and all the crap tossed helter skelter in all the moon missions... I mean those Astro-nots were LITTERBUGS

John called this area the "bone yard' because to us it looks like a bunch of broken bits of machinery littering that whole area. Who left it there I don't know till I get a closer look... but we do name things as to what they remind us of...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
People see what they want to see, especially when they are expecting to see things that will prove their ideas right and other people's ideas wrong.

And some people refuse to see what's in front of them, because they are afraid it might upset their conception of reality

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
People see what they want to see, especially when they are expecting to see things that will prove their ideas right and other people's ideas wrong.

And some people refuse to see what's in front of them, because they are afraid it might upset their conception of reality

This is where you are totally and aaamaaazingly wrong! I think i speak for all of us when I say that seeing real ufos, aliens and antigravity toys would be the best thing in life .. But instead of making things up, we simply wait untill we really see things.. like in real things, not just dots and imaginations

I think you are mixing skeptics with religious people ..

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Thanks Zorgan,
I did not notice that object, the light seems to come from behind it which (to me) seems to distort the object slightly.
I really do hope you find my object as it seems to me that they are much of the same shape although yours looks like it has been there longer?
The object i was referring to is immediately to the right of your object at the bottom of the next peak. It is sitting just out of the shadow.
The close proximity of the two similar looking objects is to me the icing on the cake.
Just to be clear. I spent a couple of hours studying that image. I did not expect to see an (aladdins lamp) stuck at the bottom of a mountain on the moon.
I did not want to see an (aladdins lamp) nor had i ever thought about an (aladdins lamp) until i saw it.
Incidently, the people around me who have seen the image, have agreed, it looks like an aladdin's lamp and it does not look like it belongs there.

Curiouser and curiouser!!!!!!!

Again Many thanks Zorgan

FFP

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Looks like it isn’t posted here yet.

But here is very interesting info of the Moon by Richard Hoagland on this video, started around 14.50

Project Camelot Interviews Richard Hoagland - Part 2

www.youtube.com...

Part one two and three you find here,

www.projectcamelot.net...

[edit on 16/1/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

LOL except that isn't a photograph...

It is a photograph "glued" to a topographic profile so you can view it in 3D if you wish. And it shows nicely that it's a dimple and sure as hell not some kind of an alien reactor which you happen to like to so much.

Silly Lemming

Thank you Zorg. I'm eternally grateful for not being in your peer group. You helped me start the day on a bright note.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It is a photograph "glued" to a topographic profile

As I said its a 'created' image... glad you agree

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

As I said its a 'created' image... glad you agree

Yeah, that's rare indeed. From what I've seen, most of the images of the moon are composite and hence 'created'. What's more, things like terrestrial globes are completely artificial. So it the map on my excellent GPS. And the X-rays my dentist took a few days ago were 'created' as well. So when a photographic image of that crater is superimposed on the topographic model, it's very similar to the terrestrial (or lunar) globes, in nature. It's all created and all good

Here's an Apollo 15 photo for your viewing pleasure:

Real reactor please stand up.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by buddhasystem]

new topics

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join