It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Wow OK. I should have said IMO. And its my un scientific belief with Very little in facts as you so mouth frothingly have pointed out.
Damn its too the point where a person cant post what they Think or Believe without the Wolves coming out for some fresh Kill.
Happy F'n Holiday too you too!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Astronomers Say Moons Like Ours Are Uncommon

physorg.com...

The next time you take a moonlit stroll, or admire a full, bright-white moon looming in the night sky, you might count yourself lucky. New observations from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope suggest that moons like Earth's - that formed out of tremendous collisions - are uncommon in the universe, arising at most in only 5 to 10 percent of planetary systems.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Wow, Buddha...I am stymied by your overly aggressive and fairly hateful behavior.

Perhaps you could go away for awhile and come to terms with whatever is fueling your contempt? No need bringing down the rest of the world, right?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Wow, Buddha...I am stymied by your overly aggressive and fairly hateful behavior.

Dear Quite big and Very furry texan,

I don't know what you are talking about. I don't hate anybody here, I swear. Nowhere did I indicate such feelings towards any of the esteemed members of the forum.

Perhaps you could go away for awhile and come to terms with whatever is fueling your contempt?

Well how about that, my Big and Fat friend from Texas?

Look: if you lack curiosity to inquire about the provenance and characteristics of Advanced Composites someone detected on the surface of the Moon, it's your right. If you don't get excited when you hear about heaps of Silver and Gold laid in plain view on the surface of the Moon, keep quiet. You have no business telling me to to "go away for a while". That's just plain rude.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Hey BS, there is a law which over arches scientific principle. It is The Law of Cause and Effect. You are not above The Law. It will bode well for you to mind it in the future.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Minor aside...

...i love the law of cause and effect (the Universal Law of Consequence). This is the fundamental law of the universe.

Very esoteric, Matt.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Ok from what I have seen having been looking at this thread for some time now it just might be possible that someone or something is mining.

However they certainly will not be mining Gold, silver or diamonds, or indeed anything that has as little value as anything including the most precious items that can be found on Earth. Just not cost effective.

The only thing I can think of that may just be of sufficient value is an energy source. The being one that only SiFi writers have had the imagination to dream up. Which may indeed turn out to be a reality.

Please do come back to me with possibilities I will be most interested.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What ever happened to the ATS guys that were going to get some time on the telescope in Europe? I know it was supposed to happen sometime this month, but I haven't seen any updates.

Sorry if this has been covered.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
It is The Law of Cause and Effect.

Matyas, please show how this Law applies to the recent (quite astonishing) posts in this topic. What Cause created the Effect of the presence of Advanced Composites on the surface of the Moon? Further, what Cause led to the Effect of these Composites being Advanced? Please explain.

You are not above The Law. It will bode well for you to mind it in the future.

I'm at loss for words now, but one that comes to mind is "pontification" on your part. Call me when you have something to say about Advanced Composites and Minerals. Otherwise, don't hinder my inquiry.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Well Buddha since you are so full of yourself have a little read from Nasa if you would.
It talks about the existence of Composites and formations and the same read talks of a small gas like atmosphere on the moon as well as mining.
The rest of my earlier post observations are not impossible and mostlikely probable.
lunar.arc.nasa.gov...

"KREEP (K-potassium, Rare Earth Elements, and P-phosphorous), represents the last chemical remnant of that magma ocean. KREEP is actually a composite of what scientists term "incompatible elements": those which cannot fit into a crystal structure and thus were left behind, floating to the surface of the magma"

And another excerpt.

"When scientists develop a more thorough understanding of fusion, and can practically implement such reactions, the Moon will be a priceless resource, since it is by far the best source of [3]helium anywhere in the Solar System"

lunar.arc.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Dear VType,

thanks fort he informative link on Lunar Geology!

Originally posted by VType
It talks about the existence of Composites

It sure does! I see now that it is about a specific type of lunar rock. Now, why did you say that these rocks were Advanced?

"When scientists develop a more thorough understanding of fusion, and can practically implement such reactions, the Moon will be a priceless resource, since it is by far the best source of [3]helium anywhere in the Solar System"

Wait a second, you were talking about huge deposits of gold, silver, diamonds and platinum right there on the Moon, now you switch to helium? What's up with that?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So with all this H3 up there, at what point does it become an "environmental" issue because of the mining we're/we've done? This is a question I've yet to see addressed or discussed. As pointed out earlier, the laws of cause and effect will eventually come into play. The moon is already drifting away from the earth as it is. When it's natural resources are stripped away and removed, what are the long term implications? Will it speed up the natural drift away from the earth? How will that effect us down here, etc?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by surfinguru

surfinguru, don't you know that the Republicans think it's OK to rape and pillage whatever "G-d" put there for us in the first place?

Glad to see you mentioned the fact of Moon's orbit gradually spiralling away...the laser reflectors have helped ascertain the rate, a few cm per year. Not much in a human's lifespan. So, too, there is a lot of H3 up there, doubt it'll have much effect on the Moon for hundreds of years. Question is, how to get it mined and back to Earth in an economically feasible way?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You grossly overstate. He said "silver", not including gold, diamond, etc.

However, i think you apply the word "silver" to mean the noun, not adjective form.

Correct this oversight, and you may find that you can mothbal the petulent tone once more.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The recession may or may not be consistent. I would ask, however, if it could have actually existed close enough to the earth when it was formed to account for this recession?

It would seem to me that, using electrical theory, the moon would be receding in orbit due to a correction based on changes in the outer magnetosphere of the Earth.

On this subject, can anyone say WHY water swirls when it is going down a drain? I think i have heard this before....but i cannot find a candle to light the memory.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hello Texan,

Coriolis effect? I am not sure it's spelled correctly. Really, it applies more to atmospheric effects on a global scale, not really sure it would affect a small water drain. I'll go with some initial impetus in a water basin as a first reason for the swirling on a smal scale.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Dear BFFT,

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
You grossly overstate. He said "silver", not including gold, diamond, etc.

Oh really? Did you even bother to read his post before unleashing your diatribes on me? If not, here it is for your perusal:

I say Nasa and the Others whom mine there know full well the place is literally a Diamond,Gold,Silver,Platinum,Etc.... Mine with Vast quantities and accessabilities not seen here by Us on Earth

I hope you are suitably impressed now and more motivated to actually read the material posted here.

Correct this oversight.

You spoke too soon, haven't ya?
Concentrate.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by buddhasystem]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Your assessment is correct.
It's the Coriolis effect:
en.wikipedia.org...

and the water will swirl in opposite direction in the Southern hemisphere. Physics is cool, ain't it?

[edit on 27-11-2007 by buddhasystem]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes, buddhasystem, 'physics is cool'...

Hence my Carl Sagan quote. Not to stray off-topic, though...the frontiers of science are continually being expanded, do you not agree? Example: famously attributed to Einstein when presented the Quantum Theory, he thought that it was incorrect, especially as involving Heisenberg, since it went counter to his belief in G-d. I only mention this to suggest that dogma in any form can impede progress. (I know, 'dogma' usually refers to a religious belief, so I took some liberty there...).

The Earth was 'known' to be flat for centuries. The Church placed Galileo in home confinement for being a 'heretic'...I need not go on, I hope I've made my point. An open mind lets things fall in (of course not a good idea in an OR :lol

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Dear TJ/WW,

not sure why you elected to post this. You were pondering why water swirls in the drain (coriolis or not), I answered that. Now you went on a wild tangent about dogma in science. Beats me.

new topics

top topics

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join