It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 225
<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I have two questions:

1. What happened to Apollo 9? The fact that it does not appear on that list means that we have all the photos or does it mean that do not have any photo?

2. What is the meaning of "digitized faithfully"?

1) Apollo 9 (AS-504)
Manned Test of Lunar Hardware in Earth Orbit
The Apollo 9 mission was the first manned flight of all Apollo lunar hardware in Earth orbit and first manned flight of the lunar module. Lunar module pilot Russel L. Schweickart performed a 37 minute EVA. Human reactions to space and weightlessness were tested in 152 orbits.

I guess the photos they took are of no interest to anyone...

Or they all show UFO's

2) If he means 'unairbrushed' I want to see what he is comparing them too...
and what controls were used... I would assume it means direct from the raw film... but assumptions don't work here

I say we rent some buses and storm the film library!!!

They can't get us all....

Ummm anyone know where they keep em?

[edit on 24-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Maybe at the Building 8 of the Johnson Space Center.

All the original Apollo film can be found in the Film Archive (Building 8) at Johnson Space Center (JSC). Due to the importance in preserving these films, the original film is not allowed to leave the building.

Source

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPMaybe at the Building 8 of the Johnson Space Center.

Well dagnabbit ArMaP congratulations...

You have just caught them in an outright lie

The missing tapes are now something of an embarrassment to NASA, which last August put Goddard's deputy director, Dolly Perkins, in charge of the search. She is overseeing the hunt for the tapes and, perhaps more important right now, for memos and directives that might yield clues to their fate.

Washington Post

Or did they mean "All the films except the ones they lost..."

Wonder how you lose something this big? 700 of em?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't think so.

In here they are talking about the roles of film from the Hasselblad, metric, panoramic and 35mm cameras.

Here they are talking about the video tapes that went missing.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I have two questions:

1. What happened to Apollo 9? The fact that it does not appear on that list means that we have all the photos or does it mean that do not have any photo?

2. What is the meaning of "digitized faithfully"?

1) Apollo 9 (AS-504)
Manned Test of Lunar Hardware in Earth Orbit
The Apollo 9 mission was the first manned flight of all Apollo lunar hardware in Earth orbit and first manned flight of the lunar module. Lunar module pilot Russel L. Schweickart performed a 37 minute EVA. Human reactions to space and weightlessness were tested in 152 orbits.

I guess the photos they took are of no interest to anyone...

Or they all show UFO's

2) If he means 'unairbrushed' I want to see what he is comparing them too...
and what controls were used... I would assume it means direct from the raw film... but assumptions don't work here

I say we rent some buses and storm the film library!!!

They can't get us all....

[edit on 24-10-2007 by zorgon]

Hello ATS,

This is my first post here and I've been reading damn near every single post over the past week mainly the two threads "John Lears' Moon Pictures on ATS" and "Did the Space Shuttle dock at the Secret Space Station tonight?" On top of that I've also been reading countless other websites people have linked and doing my own background search to learn as much as I could about many of the well known and renowned names sometimes mentioned.

Needless to say I've absorbed an insane amount of knowledge, or should I say theories, over the past week as some of these topic were started at the beginning of the year.

In reply however to your post Zorgon and the last few saying how the Apollo 9 pictures were not on Keith Laney's list that was posted. Did you overlook his update at the bottom? I don't know when that site was updated.

*UPDATE!*
It appears that once again, we ask, and they deliver.
After years of lobbying by this program and with the support of many others independently, The Lunar and Planetary Institute, in cooperation with Arizona State University and Johnson Space Center, is pulling the original Apollo films out of cold storage and scanning them using the latest digital imaging technology, and will be archiving them online in stunningly fresh full resolution beauty, accessible to all!

They will be archived here when the job's complete
but for now peruse their few example Metric images

External Source

The Apollo 9 Pictures Keith didn't have on his list are listed here:

Apollo Photographic Support Data

At least I'm assuming these are the pictures that you were saying are missing? Or, is there some other pictures from the Apollo 9 mission that have vanished like the films Neil Armstrong took with the hand camera from the Apollo 11?

There is also a lot of very interesting information in those .PDF files they have detailing altitudes, locations and much more.

On a side note to Zorgon or John in regards to the pictures John Lenard posted. I believe you can clearly see the Pleiades (star cluster) near what he is trying to identify. I suppose it would help to know his location here of when he took the pictures, but wouldn't some of the constellations and stars in his pictures help locate any secret space station and its relative orbit?

Pleiades (star cluster)

John Lenards' Pictures

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am not entirely sure what relevance Apollo 9 pictures are, (sorry Armap), considering they never left Earth orbit and did not take any close up shots of the Moon.

There are examples of the images from Apollo 9 on LPI I am not sure if they are the complete set though.

By the way welcome to ATS zarlan, even if you have ploughed your way through this thread you have done well.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am sorry, I should have been clearer about what I wanted to say.

My question should have been:

"Why does that list not include Apollo 9? Is it because all the photos are digitized with good quality or is it because none of the photos was digitized? Or was it because he forgot about Apollo 9, although he included Apollo 8 and even preparatory mission?"

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I am sorry, I should have been clearer about what I wanted to say.

My question should have been:

"Why does that list not include Apollo 9? Is it because all the photos are digitized with good quality or is it because none of the photos was digitized? Or was it because he forgot about Apollo 9, although he included Apollo 8 and even preparatory mission?"

My best guess as to why he left the Apollo 9 out of his list after looking it over is that at the top of the list it states:

Apollo Mission Photography
The Apollo Lunar image collection consists of the following.

From looking at every picture posted on the LPI www.lpi.usra.edu...

Not a single picture is lunar, but only of the orbit around earth. Perhaps that is why he left it out of the list?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

OK, that would explain it. As anyone can see my knowledge of the Apollo program is not that good.

Thanks, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You're welcome. I most certainly am not all that knowledgeable of the Apollo missions either or 99.9% of whats probably been posted on this website. All I know is that I've always had a deep fascination with space ever since my oldest brother told me of his idol Carl Sagan when I was very little.

I've learned a ton over the past week just reading this forum and digging deeper around other websites getting information.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan

In reply however to your post Zorgon and the last few saying how the Apollo 9 pictures were not on Keith Laney's list that was posted. Did you overlook his update at the bottom? I don't know when that site was updated.

No I spotted that update and even commented that they did a very poor job of showing us the the Lunar Orbiter images on file at ASU and they were also the ones we first got the color Clementine images from that started an ATS thread on those...

I pointed out that even USGS has better copies of LO images and I am not expecting much better when they 'rescan' the Apollo archive..

The Apollo 9 Pictures Keith didn't have on his list are listed here:

Apollo Photographic Support Data

Listed yes... but not linked
There are a few very large images from Apollo 9 here at NASA GRIN
grin.hq.nasa.gov...

My favorite gallery is here..
www.apolloarchive.com...

There is also a lot of very interesting information in those .PDF files they have detailing altitudes, locations and much more.

On a side note to Zorgon or John in regards to the pictures John Lenard posted. I believe you can clearly see the Pleiades (star cluster) near what he is trying to identify. I suppose it would help to know his location here of when he took the pictures, but wouldn't some of the constellations and stars in his pictures help locate any secret space station and its relative orbit?

Ummm like Orion's Belt perhaps? We were thing L% but Jack hasn't spotted anything yet
But thanks for the tip

The videos he linked me to help a lot too...

BTW Thank you for reading everything... there ought to be an award for that

[edit on 25-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

My best guess as to why he left the Apollo 9 out of his list

LOL quite true... but I was not chastizing Keiths site... he at least has good copies of some that show interesting anomalies.

But it IS interesting to note that THE SAME CAMERAS were used to take pics like THESE

*warning 6.6 megs

Now will someone PLEASE tell me why I can't see pictures of this quality taken from the same cameras only months later on Apollo 10 and 11 etc

So there you have MY point LOL and that makes these images very worthwhile in my opinion

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

BTW Thank you for reading everything... there ought to be an award for that

No kidding, but I'll settle for what I've learned as award enough... of course if ya want to send me some money or something too so I can buy a good telescope I'm not opposed

Listed yes... but not linked

I'm sorry can you clarify what you mean by listed and not linked? When I click on the picture to the left I'm directed to:

Apollo 9 pictures

Ummm like Orion's Belt perhaps? We were thing L% but Jack hasn't spotted anything yet But thanks for the tip

The videos he linked me to help a lot too...

Which videos?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Sure, Orion I do see that constellation in this picture:

John Lenard picture

In this photo it looks to be clearly Pleiades, with Aldebaran..... so constellation Taurus would be good too

John Lenard picture

Assuming these two pictures were taking the same night. Knowing the time frame between the two would be great. I'm guessing by the angle of the buildings in the picture either this object has a pretty damn fast orbit... no clue how long it takes the ISS to go across the sky. Or, There was a couple hours or days between the two pics.

Was using the program Stellarium to check out the stars and constellations and watch it as it would move across the sky.

Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer.

www.stellarium.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I'm sorry can you clarify what you mean by listed and not linked?

Sorry I was refering to the catalog at ASU not the LPI collection but even the LPI low res jpgs for Apollo 9 are much better quality and clarity that the rest of the Apollo series...

Asto John Lenard... he is being 'cautious' in his communications but I have hopes of getting more info..

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

And some of these missions the raw data will be able to be received publicly at the same time mission control receives it.

Well so far the only other one up there is Japan's and so far no live raw data feed for us public... No high res images... nada.. zip... so we will have to wait till December

China is on the way... they promise us pics by November... funny... I would not have thought the Japanese getting up there before China, would wait till December and let the Chinese beat them to the press..

Weird huh?

[edit on 28-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have an easy-money bet for any one reading this thread... Go bet one of your friends that there is an orbiter or two circling the moon
Did anyone see anything about these events in the MSM?

Anyhow... I don't think we'll see any "live" or even any promising images from any government sponsored missions.

I did think it was interesting to see this He3 (old news) reference from the Chinese contingency.

Source

“There are altogether 15 tons of helium-3 on earth, while on the moon, the total amount of Helium-3 can reach 1-5 million tons. Helium-3 is considered as a long-term, stable, safe, clean and cheap material for human beings to get nuclear energy through controllable nuclear fusion experiments. If we human beings can finally use such energy material to generate electricity, then China might need 10 tons of helium-3 every year and in the world, about 100 tons of helium-3 will be needed every year. This means that the helium-3 reserves on the moon can serve human society for at least 10,000 years,” he said.

I'm sure the oil companies won't have a problem with this at all.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

There are two options that can play out relative to the oil companies and china:

1. The oil companies come up with the capital and researchers first. They are buying out small moon mining research contracts as we speak (I have called to make investment inquires and was told that i might get something if the oil companies left anything for individual investors). Other investors currently are people like Richard Branson (another named dropped). I think this is most likely, and will be seen within a couple of years

2. China beats us to the punch. In this case, one has to ask do they have the military might to monopolize the moons resources? Or will they just let us have it and demand energy considerations as repayment of current debt? Or some other diplomatic solution?

Then there is the third and all too likely possibility that there is already a human group up there (sponosored by our government) mining resources. In this case we are dealing legalities surrounding current mineral rights claims legally laid upon various segments of the moon.

It would be interesting to see it unfold....if it didn't kill us.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
maybe nothing but maybe a 2 sec clip of the moon that didnt get edited.

at 1:20 to 1:22 youtube wierd clip of the moon. odd shadow.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have been reading this stuff just recently. Needless to say that I believe there is nothing more ignorant then thinking there is no ET life outside earth.

Recently I have been curious about the face on Mars a bit more then usual, and that is how I came across the moon topic. This one.

After viewing John's images,,, something interesting crossed my mind.

On one of the images I found a face. No LESS defined then the one on Mars. It is awkwardly placed,,, possibly just a rock formation,,, but strikingly detailed.

The image is located here. I marked what I found in red, and shaded red...

www.999visions.com...

The original image is here:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

What if,,, and only,,, what IF… whoever built whatever objects on planets in the solar system, knew that once we are mature enough, we will be ready to know that they are/were here.

We are not mature enough. If we were, we would have no secrets. Isn’t that right NASA?

new topics

top topics

<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join