It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 220
<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Communications dish in 3213_h1 ?

Or simply some outgassing? or even photograpic artifact?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
[img]

[img]

[img]

[img][IMG]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9413/3196630e2724160sfq1.th.jpg[/IM G]

Edit: Mods please delete my last post with the non working thumbs.
And my apologies too all.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So what is the deal with John being POST banned? Anyone here know the awnser? When and why is what I want to know...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
So what is the deal with John being POST banned? Anyone here know the awnser? When and why is what I want to know...

John was just on a minute ago so I know not of this...
But you could just U2U him and ask Post ban if you are does not stop U2U's as far as I know

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I haven't been post banned yet today.

Someone on another thread read a post that I had been banned but didn't realize the date was last January.

I am pretty sure I will make it through today without a ban.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am posting this as I was curious about the bookscan that John and Zorgon have posted in the past.

I ordered the hi-res image from LPI and this is what I found.

Original scan.

The hi-res image was in tiff format I have had to convert it to jpeg to host it on photobucket so is available here.

i187.photobucket.com...

Comparing the two images they are slightly different so I believe the bookscan may not actually be AS8-12-2209 but possibly the frame before or after.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow, so anyone have an idea of what that thing is, what it's doing and what kind of scale we're talking about for it?

(Mod edit: Full quote of previous post removed. I recommend using the "Reply-to" feature instead. Don't worry, it's a legitimate question and you shouldn't get "one-lined" for it. --Majic)

[edit on 10/8/2007 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru

Wow, so anyone have an idea of what that thing is, what it's doing and what kind of scale we're talking about for it?

I'm not sure on scale but if you look at a magnification of the purple one, you can see alot of additional details. it looks like a pipe system of some kind. whether fluid pipes or transport tubes, i dunno.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

What the hell is that?!?

I am generally skeptical of "faces on the moon" sort of images and most of what is postulated so far in this thread, but I must say that what is pictured there is something both distinct enough and unusual-looking enough that I would love to know more about just what the heck that is.

It looks almost organic...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

It looks like someone was tying some knots on the Moon!

Could it be something on the scanner, it is hard to say if it was already on the photo or not.

PS: Instead of JPG you can try saving the file as PNG, it does not loose any detail and I think Photobucket accepts that format (at least it should, ImageShack accepts PNG).

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Well you might be surprised to know that I would also like to know what it is.

Actually I have said they are slightly different, but if you look closely it is more than slightly which is a puzzle as they are supposed to be from the same image or closely related image.

I could only postulate that the original book print gave the anomaly a thicker frame which the scanning process has added to.

So I would suggest the hi-res image from the LPI original is closer to the actual appearance and is better viewed from the full size copy or from the tiff I have, however I have no way of hosting the tiff.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ah.. you just posted as I did.

Thanks Armap I will give that a try

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

No, I have tried that but photobucket will only except Gif, jpg or html.

Looks like it will have to stay as jpeg for the time being.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

So I would suggest the hi-res image from the LPI original is closer to the actual appearance and is better viewed from the full size copy or from the tiff I have, however I have no way of hosting the tiff.

nope, the purple one is better. the gray tone one has been altered. they both have interesting details, though. for example, the big .jpg you have on image shack or whatever, has been altered from the one john lear has. there's an anomalous area around the big black crater that we started to call the space port. from the space port, emerges what looks to be a contrail attached to a flying thingamagig. in your version, the thingamagig has been deliberatley obscured.

what you've done is provide a wonderful example for comparative analysis, between one version of the same image and another. i can't wait to hear what john has to say about it. he's gonna love that.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes well it doen't surprise me.

This is one of five hi-res images I had ordered and believe it or not this was one of the better ones.

Given that they were using a 70mm Haselblad they should have a lot more detail in, when I compare them to the low res catalogue examples there is very little difference, as if they were just bigger versions.

It puzzles me why they left this anomaly though.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa however I have no way of hosting the tiff.

Sure you do... just email it to me and I will post it on Pegasus... if its to big send it with yousendit.com they handle up to 100 megs free

Given that they were using a 70mm Haselblad they should have a lot more detail in, when I compare them to the low res catalogue examples there is very little difference, as if they were just bigger versions.

Told you I did , yes? Hmmmm?

Jack ordered some too... they were just jpeg save as .tiff

It puzzles me why they left this anomaly though.

Well as ArMaP said it looks like someone tying a knot... seeing as Johns was printed years ago, could this have been left in looking like a string on the scanner?

I will take a look to compare them, but it will have to wait a few days

[edit on 8-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

What the... Woah. I usually read this thread off and on to see if anything truly interesting comes up. So far, I've had a smirk here and there... but that's the most disturbing thing I've seen so far. It looks like a spider. No, it actually looks like the hatchling from the Alien series. You know, the one that attacks your face? I can't find an image of it surprisingly but dang, it's almost spot on.

I understand the scale is unreasonable but it does strike me as something extremely... "organic" even though I know it's absolutely not possible.

Awesome picture.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Found this one today...

Object on the left looks like a very bright something or other (peekaboo?) illuminating the ground nearby/underneath it in a circular pattern.

The other one looks like a roller coaster

Source

[edit on 9-10-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Things I found interesting (these are on my server)

Exhaust or smoke or a cloud?
and a building?

I have no clue what this is, but there's something there. Anybody see anything?

2 Glass domes, revisited (From the color moon pics thread)

Zorgon's pipes from the copernicus images
I noticed it looked as if the pipes were sitting in the middle of a circular
network

This one looks like a grid that has been painted over with a light coating of gray. might just be the paper the photo was on, but it is odd. also some rectangular shapes that seemed out of place

Close up of the thing

From one of the Luna series of images. This one has some odd artificial looking shapes in it

[edit on 10-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A press release has just included the first pictures of the Moon from Kaguya. (don't get to excited though they are from 1,200km).

The Rstar (1 of the baby satellites) has also been released ok.

www.jaxa.jp...

new topics

top topics

<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join