It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

So we have:
1 - A gravity effect that is strong enough to keep something as large as the Moon orbiting the Earth.
2 - A magnetic field surrounding the Earth strong enough to keep most of the radiation out of Earth's atmosphere.
3 - Solar wind.

I think that 1 would make the Moon's atmosphere accumulate on the side turned to the Earth, 2 could make it accumulate in the far side, and 3 could make it accumulate on the side farther from the Sun.

1 and 2 would be against each other, but 3 would always push the Moon atmosphere to the "night" side of the Moon. That would probably make the "night" side of the Moon the one with the denser atmosphere.

Having said it, I do not know if any of those forces affect Earth's atmosphere, so I cannot make a comparison, those forces may not be strong enough to make any changes.

So, lacking enough information, I will leave that subject (the forces that may affect the Moon's atmosphere) to other people and retire myself from that subject, for now.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Nice find sherpa!

But I dont know if you can trust all anomalies you find on these pictures, they seem in a bad state.

This
shows also some interesting things.
What is that at the horizon? A spacecraft? Probably or surely only dust or scratches...

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Apparently several thousand pictures from Clementine were deemed classified and not released to the public. If supposedly nothing is there according to the government, why would they be classified? This only supports John's theory. Imagine what are in those photos, if these were the ones they released =)

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
So we have:
1 - A gravity effect that is strong enough to keep something as large as the Moon orbiting the Earth.
2 - A magnetic field surrounding the Earth strong enough to keep most of the radiation out of Earth's atmosphere.
3 - Solar wind.

I think that 1 would make the Moon's atmosphere accumulate on the side turned to the Earth, 2 could make it accumulate in the far side, and 3 could make it accumulate on the side farther from the Sun.

I don't think this is the case because if it were true the same could be said about the Earth's atmoshphere in respect to the sun. The gravity effect is strong enough to keep something as large as the Earth orbiting the Sun.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTS32
Apparently several thousand pictures from Clementine were deemed classified and not released to the public.
The problem is that "apparently" is not good enough to convince some people (me included).

If you can show some confirmation that there was even one photo deemed classified that would be enough to raise some suspicions. Unfortunately, even if there were some classified photos I don't think that we can ever see them or even know if they were really classified.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
From loofo´s picture, above.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Dont know if i did that correctly............ but i think i found something kinda c
cool![url=http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd74/lasermanx1/AS12-46-673objects.jpg]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
O.K... I'll bite.

What do you see that is cool in them thar red rectangles, laserman-x ?

Whatever it is, it doesn't jump out of the screen at me

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Please excuse the way i have presented the pic.....still learning the ropes here!

anyway i was looking at nasa lunar photos and this particuliar one when zoomed in on had what looks like a piece of pipe, some other object and what looks like a partially covered over log! ......... im trying!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

My search for the possible tidal effects on the wispy atmosphere on the moon, may take longer than I thought. Does anyone else have an idea?

Certainly Look up Hansen, Peter Andreas (1795-1874) astronomer. He was very well respected

He had it all worked out

TO soloist

The meteor test is invalid as to burn up it would need more atmosphere than we are saying is there LOL And the dropped feather, even though you created a three post report on it may not be valid either I would like to see this tested in a vacuum chamber and see at which level of atmosphere you would first notice the feather waver due to resistance in such a short distance

And that is not withstanding the possibility that video was faked in a vacuum chamber that was discussed in another thread here

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

You left out the part that the center of gravity on the Moon is NOT the center of the moon... The moon is also not a sphere, its lobsided and so is the gravity... That's why NASA crashed so many before they figured it out.

Hansen had that figured out in the 1800's

The GLGM-2 solution was used to produce several digital gridded map products. These include Free-air gravity anomalies (at 1 and 0.25 degree resolution), Free-air gravity errors, Bouguer gravity anomalies derived from global topography and free-air gravity models, crustal thickness based on a constant density crust and mantle, Geoid anomalies, and Geoid anomaly errors. Detailed information on these products can be found in the label files of this data set. Clementine-derived topography data (94-004A-04A) is also included with this data set.

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Particularly challenging is the control and knowledge
of spacecraft position on the farside of the moon where spacecraft are
unobservable from the surface of the Earth. Although, spacecraft are routinely
out of view of Earth when behind any planet or body it is unique that we are
never able to see and study the farside of Earth’s moon from the Earth’s
surface. This is particularly difficult for the positioning of low altitude
spacecraft that are very sensitive to even small gravity anomalies of unknown
location and magnitude on the lunar farside.

cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov...

So as of June 6-11, 2004 Nasa still hasn't figured it out

So until they do I will go with Hansen

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by laserman-x
Please excuse the way i have presented the pic.....still learning the ropes here!

anyway i was looking at nasa lunar photos and this particuliar one when zoomed in on had what looks like a piece of pipe, some other object and what looks like a partially covered over log! ......... im trying!

No worries. Welcome to the thread.

If it helps to point out your anomalies, try this method (assuming use of M$ Windows)

1. Open the pic using Windows Picture and Fax viewer (right click on the file to see "open with" and select Windows Picture and...)

2. Zoom in to get the best resolution for the anomalies you see

3. Hit ALT-PRINTSCREEN to copy the image into the clipboard

4. Open PAINT

5. Paste the clipboard image into PAINT

6. Cut/Copy the area you want to show and paste into a new, smaller PAINT window.

7. Use PAINT's text and drawing tools to point out anomalies. Try and describe what you think they might be (structures, cover-ups, etc)

8. Save (as .png) and post image using your favorite inet posting service (Imageshack, Photobucket, etc)

9. Post the source URL of the image so that others may do similar research.

10. Go find more stuff

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP Unfortunately, even if there were some classified photos I don't think that we can ever see them or even know if they were really classified.

Well DUH If we could see them they wouldn't be 'classified'

NRL was responsible for the design, manufacture, integration, and mission execution of the Clementine spacecraft for the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization. During its two-month orbit of the Moon in 1994, Clementine captured 1.8 million images of the Moon's surface. The Laboratory provides the Clementine Lunar Image Browser as a courtesy to scientific researchers, as well as the general public, and you are welcome to browse the over 170,000 images that are available.
NAVY

That's not even 10% of what they have that we are 'welcome' to browse

The 1600 pictures... 22 miles above the surface (LO 1 to 3) sent to the U.S. Government's Defense Mapping Agency to create accurate maps of the Moon's surface. ITT

Sound pretty 'classified' to me so where are the images and while we are at it where are them thar detailed maps?

And who is using them, and for what?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
What is that at the horizon? A spacecraft? Probably or surely only dust or scratches...

Very good question (welcome back Looofo :up
just what IS up with that horizon? Almost looks like a second horizon... errr limb

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by looofo

That is an interesting picture, indeed.

I went to get the larger individual versions. All you can get this particular one in is the "med" version. You can tell that is is much, much lower resolution than what is available in most LO photo's...look at the little reticules. They are tiny in comparison. It would be something like 3078_h1, as this is 3078_med.

Regardless, i have looked at it initially, and see some really interesting things in the sky. I wonder if this is why they didn't provide the hi res versions? Perhaps we should ask? If someone is able to find the three different high res plates, that would be pretty cool...otherwise I think I will pursue official channels.

This image looks somewhat similar in texture, so perhaps there are multiple scratches and pieces of dust that are similar?

This LO image shows at the very least, that there is some level of visible atmosphere (and that it could possibly create a saffron colored haze, based on the shade of greytone in the image).

The atmospheric haze covers the entire horizon.

I am unsure what to say about this particular one, other than it looks wierd. It is on the 4'clock position just outside the crater wall.

This one is a little more cheesy. It is located around the 8 o'clock of the crater (i flipped this image 180 degrees to orient it in a way that my brain is designed to process....all references are made as such). But there is that vague saucer resemblence:

I am confused by the orientation of the sun in this one. There appears to be a big boulder sitting amonst these craters (or something substantial). The shadow from it is on the left, but that is the direction of the sunshine, according to the craters to the bottom right? Perhaps it is too late and i have worked too much this week?

There are many, many things in this photo that i wish i could get a closer look at with the original hi res plates.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan...otherwise I think I will pursue official channels.

May I suggest we start with ITT? Seems they have the best data on what happened to them... and its been 50 years we ought to be able to shake some loose even if we need an FOIA form

And we could try Dave at JSC
for some Apollo .tiffs

[edit on 4-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

shoot me an email with the details/link on how to do it. You got enough on yer plate...and those mashed potatos look pretty good.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
TO soloist

The meteor test is invalid as to burn up it would need more atmosphere than we are saying is there LOL

If you accept the FACT that meteoroids impact the surface of the moon, which yes we do have real, tangible, actual evidence of, then there is no other logical assumption than the moon cannot have a protective atmosphere. If you have proof otherwise I sure would love to see it as well as the entire scientific community at large.

And the dropped feather, even though you created a three post report on it may not be valid either I would like to see this tested in a vacuum chamber and see at which level of atmosphere you would first notice the feather waver due to resistance in such a short distance

It *is* valid, no matter how much you seem to wish it not to be, you can't just discount 400 years of advanced scientific theory that has been proven. You should really read Stephen Hawking's book if you would like one of the most brilliant expert opinions on that specific experiment. I'm sure noone here is so sure that they can even approach his level of intelligence.

You also have to remember the test on the moon was not done to prove there was no atmosphere, it was done BECAUSE there is not one, and to show that the 400 year old law does apply. It had nothing to do with the moon and everything to do with gravity's pull, sorry there is no conspiracy there, only real scientific experimentation.

If there had been ANY amount of air resistance, the feather could not have possibly hit the ground the same time as the hammer. No way. No how. There is no may not be, it's very valid.

And that is not withstanding the possibility that video was faked in a vacuum chamber that was discussed in another thread here

Geez when all other arguments fail, it's bring out this old excuse still I see. I wonder why they would spend the time and money to fake an experiment that has been proven on Earth already and is an accepted fact of physics. It serves no purpose to do so.

Bottom line :

No burning up of meteoroids as backed up by physical evidence from the moon.

No air resistance as shown by an Apollo astronaut performing an experiment on live TV that wasn't even meant to prove there was no air resistance on the moon.

400 years+ of science that backs up the actual evidence above.

Sorry, but one can only *reasonably and logically* conclude that there is no protective or breathable atmosphere on the moon given the facts.

Like I said earlier until people making claims on the contrary come up with some real provable theory backed up by evidence, other than overexposed photo's ....well let's just say I wouldn't suggest running around up there with just a bathing suit

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I have some questions for John Lear:

John, i've noticed this "tower-shaped" object near Neper crater:

Since i think to have seen something similar before somewhere else (on the Moon) my questions are:

- Do you remember to have seen something similar elsewhere?
- Do you know what is it an what should be its height?

Of course i'm wrong, but i find really odd that a so shaped object could resist to the impact of a crater...

Thank you in advance

[edit on 4/10/2007 by internos]

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join