It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 212
<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
That's strange. Their website says its launching in 5 minutes and I'm watching what appears to be a live web feed here...

www.jaxa.jp...

It seems their "live feed" is all screwy. I think it is that way on purpose, but I am not goin' there to prove that. The pic is labeled (SELENE)H-IIA/13, which is "our" baby.

So shall I recruit that Japanese bank teller I met the other day to do some translatin'?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

It seems their "live feed" is all screwy. I think it is that way on purpose, but I am not goin' there to prove that. The pic is labeled (SELENE)H-IIA/13, which is "our" baby.

So shall I recruit that Japanese bank teller I met the other day to do some translatin'?

The orbiter's name was apparently recently changed from SELENE to Kayuga

"The Japanese people are very interested in this mission," said Shinichi Sobue, Kaguya's science coordinator and public outreach for the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA). "Kaguya, or SELENE, is our first mission for really observing the moon."

www.space.com...

The live feed worked fine for me. It interrupted their project overview, kicked in about 10 minutes prior to launch and lasted until it was well out of sight. Then they showed a replay, and now we're back to the two guys going over the project (with no translation) It was pretty cool... but ya missed it

Here's the recently departed launch pad from their webcam.

The picture you posted must have been from previous mission

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Hmm, you have a point there. The boosters are not the same. Why would they use the same label for another mission? Ah well, the first picture is prettier by my reckoning.

Seems I am not familiar navigating their sites. That sure adds to the confusion. Best to get it right now before the three months are up...

So now we know there is this big fat juicy chance to get some real new data...didn't have to wait another five years!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Hmm, you have a point there. The boosters are not the same. Why would they use the same label for another mission? Ah well, the first picture is prettier by my reckoning.

I tried to do a screen capture of the live launch, but apparently that doesn't work with Windows Media Player. The two guys covering the event with their hard-hats on were quite amusing.

Seems I am not familiar navigating their sites. That sure adds to the confusion. Best to get it right now before the three months are up...

I came across their site about a week ago (and posted here). I lost track of the launch date/time though and certainly would have missed it if I didn't see your post when I got home from work (thanks!)

So now we know there is this big fat juicy chance to get some real new data...didn't have to wait another five years!

I'd like to think so, but I have to think JAXA is a NASA puppet and all photos will go through NASA filtering. I do find it very interesting that this lunar orbiter launch got so little media coverage... not even a footnote on NASA's website, which gives me a glimmer of hope that they are not as heavily involved as I think they are. Who knows, we could be in for a treat

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Here is a more complete article on the mission, and it mentions others in the near future.

Zorgon thought he was swamped, we are going to have to have a whole group monitor all the different agencies so we can sort out what's what!

Nothin' like fresh blood, excitin' times these, eh John?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I tried to do a screen capture of the live launch, but apparently that doesn't work with Windows Media Player. The two guys covering the event with their hard-hats on were quite amusing.

I save my media files then use Windows Movie Maker to grab screen shots.Play it in movie maker,freeze it on the frame you want then capture it as a photo.
I'm not tech savvy enough to know an easier way, but it works for me.
Peace
edited because I'm having some cold ones and it's my keyboard's fault.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by citizen truth]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by scepticsRus
For JohnLear

Dont know if you have seen this structure yet, i've drawn a box around the structure. Looks like a tunnel with an entrance wall & dirt track with disturbed dirt .... kinda looks like a road.

So ummm can you tell me why your name is "skepticsRus"

Good job
You are one of the few who found the tunnel independently
and one of the few who has understood the scale...

I look forward to your finding more.. We never did finish looking for everything

If you look at the lower left of the graded slope you will see the tube...

Even TheBorg saw this one...

Welcome to the "cult"

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist
I guess violent is a relative term, I was speaking of the more than 400 small bombs that crash into the moon on a yearly basis, that to me seems violent.....

...... That is an undeniable fact as impacts have been witnessed by countless amateur astronomers

I would be interested to see some evidence of these eyewitness accounts, honestly. I have searched and found what, to me, could just as likely be observed lunar explosions or some other TLP. Do you know where i might find something more definitive? i certainly would appreciate it!!!

If that is so, then it really doesn't matter *where* the craters came from, the fact that it has so many ...

or the fact that these craters could be from underground explosions, as hinted at by Matyas recently (in one of these moon threads....the skeptics have us all spread out and it is hard to keep track).

Nasa is just now beginning to take the problem seriously as they are considering putting more focus on staying on the moon longer this time around. They appear to be worried about the matter and are reaching out for help from amateur astronomers to help them record the frequency and locations of the "explosions" (if you want to call them that). Why would they do that if the moon doesn't have a problem with meteors?

Awww....come on!!! Surely you are more creative than that!!!

Perhaps they want to track the frequency of explosions? Perhaps the Electric Universe model is correct, and they are now worried about he effects of greater electrical activity. The planetS (yes, i captalized the "s") are warming, Enceladus has emitted a cometary tail, and Saturn is acting kinda funny. Something is going on on a much grander scale...why could this gathered data not be applicable to the macro-scheme?

Then again...maybe they are working on some new "cloaking" technolgoy of some sort and want to see how well they can obscure the night time sky in this new age of cheap electronics.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Google Pledges $30 Million for Private Moon Landing

Intresting isnt it? any thoughts Mr.zorgon and Mr. lear

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I have searched and found what, to me, could just as likely be observed lunar explosions ...

Of course they are observed as lunar "explosions" , that's what they are, meteors slamming into the moon's surface and "exploding". What else would you possibly expect to see when a meteor slams into the ground?

or the fact that these craters could be from underground explosions ...

The fact? Could be? Underground explosions?

That's no fact.

What about the small craters? Small underground explosions? And the medium ones?

What about the moon rocks we have that exhibit the *exact* same craters on a pebble size scale on the surface of the rock? This is from meteoroids and NOT underground explosions, how would that work? Think about it, are there small beings in there blowing holes in the surface of moon rocks? Or are they just being hit by meteoroids?/??

The Leonids are the perfect example to all of this, at the time they were striking earth's atmosphere there were also "lunar explosions" upon the moon's surface. More so than normal, and more than were predicted. Soooooo, does it not make more sense that this is from that actual event and not "underground explosions" ????

Perhaps they want...
Perhaps the Electric ...
Something is going on on a much grander scale...
maybe they are working on some new "cloaking" technolgoy ...

Or.......

Perhaps they mean exactly what they say? And all they want is a little help tracking meteor impacts...

But, then again, maybe not.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Of course they are observed as lunar "explosions" , that's what they are, meteors slamming into the moon's surface and "exploding". What else would you possibly expect to see when a meteor slams into the ground?

Perhaps they mean exactly what they say? And all they want is a little help tracking meteor impacts...

But, then again, maybe not.

NASA themselves have detected signs of explosions from underneath the surface of the moon. The Cherenkov radiation could be caused by what NASA has referred to as "subtle explosions" under the surface of the moon.

The Leonids are the only example we have of meteor impact. And you ask "what about all the other craters" of varying size?

How come amateur astronomers keep asking the same question? They have reported for quite some time that craters seem to disappear or appear without causation. This, among other actions, are referred to as transient lunar phenomenon.

The funny part, to me, is that in the darkest annals of history man has been suspicious of the moon. It seems that now John, Zorgon, and crew seem to be finding out the reasons why.

I would still like to see a confirmed meteor impact. All i have seen are explosions. it is presumptive to apply meteors as the causation of this explosion. That is all i am saying.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
all i can say is WOW

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've gotta say, that after finding that tunnel that zorgon spoke about. im really going to start to look realy close at those moon pics ..... and also the mars pics.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by trbal
Google Pledges $30 Million for Private Moon Landing

Intresting isnt it? any thoughts Mr.zorgon and Mr. lear

LOL You beat me to it

www.googlelunarxprize.org...

Pegasus has already been contemplating designs, but seeing as we are BROKE now that the word is out and the race is on the money boys will likely beat us to it...

But hey in this race if we even 'get off the ground" we won't have lost...

Anyone know of any millionaires kicking around with nothing to do?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Please be so kind as to show me documentation of recorded meteorites slamming into the Lunar surface in recent history...

Thanks

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Okay No More Mr Nice Guy

I am very angry...

The other day Jack and I were discussing Kaguya and whether or not we can expect good pictures this time...

Well so far no word where that ship is, but thats not important right now..

Jack said...

"They aren't going to show us any more than Smart-1 or LRO is showing.
S-1 had the capability of making out a basketball sized object and all they show us is high altitude context images.

Where the F*** are these archives that show the real images?

Lunar Orbiter had the ability to "recognize a card" table on the Moon according to ITT

Where are the high res images?

Garvin said: "When we pointed Hubble at the Moon, we got images that see areas the size of half a soccer field".

Well......where the F*** are these images?

Good questions and he is probably right... time will tell..

But he brought up Garvin... and we have run into him before... and I have found something astounding that I will share with you here, even though it does involve Mars..

First of all a recap... Many skeptics have shown us the Hubble image of Aristarchus as "proof" we are wrong...

Well lets put that dinosaur to rest shall we? The image I refer to is this one...

When we first found the source [because the original had J. Garvin's name on it] we discovered something interesting...

The Source..

NASA Scientific Visualization Studio..

The Data

The Hubble Space Telescope was used to gather high resolution multi spectral data of the moon's Aristarchus Crater...

Simulated topography derived from Clementine data is used for relief and high resolution HST data is used for the area of interest.

HST imagery of Aristarchus Crater draped over simulated topography

So that image above is SIMULATED for an animation... used to study OXYGEN traces from Aristarchus mineralization

It is NOT a true image. Look at it closely download the full size You can see its created...

NASA

The next thing was when we read the data sets used we found THIS..

Data Collected:
HST: 2005/08/16 - 2005/08/21;
Clementine:1998/02/07-1999/06/25

Since then they have 'corrected' the typo.. I believe it was JRA who contacted them about the dates it now reads

Data Collected:
HST: 2005/08/16 - 2005/08/21;
Clementine: 1994/02/26-1994/05/05

Okay so we have a SIMULATED IMAGE and a Major Typo...

Well it just seems Herr Garvin keeps cropping up in my research so after I saw what I am about to show you.. I hunted him down...

Seems its DR J. Garvin now...

Now I will be nice and give Dr. Garvin a chance to answer my emails... Fair is Fair after all, but we all know the results of asking anyone at NASA about anomalies, right?

So here is what I will do...

After showing you why I am mad at Dr Garvin... and after waiting a reasonable amount of time for an answer, if I do not get a response I will post the contact info for him

So what ticked me off?

NASA ARROGANCE

I found a power point slide show made for a presentation to other scientists..

Here is one of the slides...

Now how is THAT for an "in you face, Joe Public" And this is for a presentation to scientists...

Oh and by the way... when they were done with that Rover they left it abandoned... this was somewhere behind John's mine property...

And YOU thought it really went to Mars....

Alright we had our laugh... so Dr. Garvin has a sense of humor...

Now many people in the various threads criticize us for finding anomalies in 'the rocks". We have found many in the Martian images that even look like fossils and pieces of machines, etc.

The skeptics laugh and ridicule...

Okay here is what mad me so mad...

Under "Extraordinary" FOSSILS ON MARS That one is a trilobite Same as on Earth!!!!

This is from a NASA presentation!!! We are trying to track down the originals in that image. No luck yet... I am sure they will NOT be easy to find! Seems unlike us when we show you something we at least provide the original. Not so Dr Garvin... No image number to track down... (hence the email to him)

Under "Unfathomable" ARTIFACTS ON MARS
IN A NASA PRESENTATION

Look at it closely... THIS IS PROOF THIS IS FROM NASA

They look at the same rocks we do...

They highlight and crop them as we do
But they won't share the source

THAT IS WHY I AM ANGRY

And after 200 plus pages you should be too..

NASA Slide Show Dr Garvin PDF

See "Fossil Evidence on Mars"

See "Mike Singh's "Critter" Collection (Anotated)"

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
FOUND A LITTLE QUOTE FROM ROBERT BIGELOW
In a recent interview...

Q: "You've written before about the need to commercialize space. What does that mean, and how does it compare to the prevailing attitude abut space, especially NASA's perspective?"

A: It's quite insidious. NASA's version of commercialization is not privatization. Those are two very different words in NASA's mentality. NASA's view of commercialization is: "We, NASA, own everything. We own all the hardware. We own the facilities to move people back and forth, and when they get there, we own that facility too."

So in our scheme of commercializing things, we intend to be in business. They are a federal agency that's tax exempt and that gets $14 billion a year. And so they are paying no income taxes and here they are absolutely in business. They take 100 percent of the revenue of any company that pays them to do anything. And that's wrong; that's absolutely dead wrong. And it's a huge competitor to free enterprise."

Q: Why do you think NASA has been reluctant to allow tourists in space, like Dennis Tito, for example?

"Well, it's the mentality that "we own space." NASA stands for "No Access to Space for Americans" -- that's what it stands for to me and to most Americans. NASA has exclusive control and a lock on everything having to do with space, except for the Russian side. And they were just beyond belief in being rude and obnoxious [in response to Dennis Tito's trip]. It was just embarrassing to this country."

My Own Private Space Station

So now we have

NASA =
"Need Another Space Agency"
"Never Admit Seeing Anything"
"Never A Straight Answer"

and now...

"No Access to Space for Americans"

Okay I am not angry anymore...

Stay Tuned Tuesday in the Shuttle Thread

We have a real interesting presentation

Oh BTW yawl did know that NASA is no longer a public organization?

In 1997, DoD, NASA, and the NRO created the Space Technology Alliance (STA) to “coordinate the development of affordable, effective space technologies for the greatest return ongovernment funds.” The STA is making steady and significant progress in coordinating government S&T investment in space and has developed a prototype methodology for categorizing
space technologies.

Related Federal and Private Sector Efforts.5 Currently identified technology efforts include the USAF EELV, NASA X-33/RLV, Boeing Delta III, Lockheed Martin Atlas IIAR, OSC Pegasus, and several other private-sector startup programs to include teaming with foreign manufacturers (primarily the former USSR republics). The NRO does not develop launch vehicles.

Recommendation 5
Incorporate Space Exploration Initiative requirements into the joint NASA-DOD Heavy Lift Program.

Government Info Library

Say Thank You to Mr Bush

[edit on 17-9-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow this is the first time I kinda believe someone with these claims.more pics please if you have any.Such as the slide show or documents.

Thanks

Actually I'll check out your link.If I remember right you part own it or own it?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
...But three main ones are more important Silicon Oxide (Glass), Titanium Oxide (Ilmenite) and Thorium Oxide, which is three times more abundant than uranium, is also a radioactive material.

And guess where all these minerals are concentrated? In the Copernicus? Aristarchus regions...

DATA from CLEMENTINE

Now for an example lets say you wanted to make structures on the Moon... and Spaceships...

Well you could take Solar Furnaces (plenty of Sun up there they tell me) and melt down the Glass for use in Fiberglass structures...

The fantastic thing about doing this relatively simple process is that the BYPRODUCTS of making Glass from the Lunar Regolith are.....

Iron, Titanium and Thorium ore and FREE OXYGEN for breathing, water making and fuel ("burning" liquid O and H gives you water, so effectively rocket fuel exhaust is pure water) H and O need a small spark to release lots of energy and make water...

So ONE SIMPLE PROCESS and you get..
Fiber Glass domes..
Iron and Titanium for Spacecraft construction
Thorium for Nuclear Fuel
Rocket Fuel
Drinking Water
Breathable O2

I would like to seize the moment while everyone is focused here to point out what I feel is Zorgon's greatest post on this thread if not all of ATS. I also found it telling how little attention it garnered.

It has been sitting in the back of my mind as the answer to why mining is so important. On the highest levels if I may add.

In the philosophical tense we have an environment that provides everything we need to survive and grow. Just look to the rain forests as an example. As below, so above, the same condition exists that will allow us expansion beyond our sphere. If that is not part of a grand design I don't know what is!

Therefore it follows going off world is part of the natural process of evolution. That is the next step we have been looking for.

And of course, has this happened before? Is this a universal stage of development? How do we tell other star systems are going through the same kind of growing pains we are? One great answer raises many more questions indicating we are on the right track.

O-K, now back to the Zorgon channel.

Manifest arrogance, quite a thought! Bad, bad NASA!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Under "Extraordinary" FOSSILS ON MARS That one is a trilobite Same as on Earth!!!!

Excellent post Z, we need to find whether those pics are the real deal I am glad your trying to find out, it would be dissapointing if they were just hashed for that PP presentation.

If they are real what the heck is that under "exciting" it looks a bit like a derelict rover or maybe something even more interesting.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by sherpa]

top topics

<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join