It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

• What does occams razor applied to this image tell us?

• My initial understanding was that the "objects?" were disturbed soil, but i would take that teory with caution. The "objects?" look really big for "sand dunes made from disturbed soil" (even taken in consideration the angle of the pics) and i couldn´t find not even one photo that really support this teory, except the ones at Sol 1088 but with reserve...and there are some strange "peaks?" in the same images, just at the end of the way of the "objects?".

Originally posted by Cygnific
    The space between the 'caravan' appears to be the same. But what it is, i have no idea. It could even be a artifact on the picture. So i'm not going to assume anything on it without more pictures from that spot.

No artifact at all my friend, they can bee seen in several pics from different angles.

Visit the thread.

Really sorry for the distraction of this great thread, i just wanted to say this.

Sorry for my english.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:27 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Cygnific

They can never do good if you think like this

That's a valid point, I think. One of the problems appears to be "Where" the missing data is. I'm more inclined to believe, if they are intent on hiding something, they won't need the missing data ruse, but rather a bottle of white out or fake texture or black goo. i've seen images where there was strips of black goo just hanging in the air above what looked to be buildings that had been partially hidden from sight by the black goo. i didn't know if it was smoke, or what, but it certainly wasn't something you'd consider normal if there's no atmosphere to carry smoke around in.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:08 PM
    link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Fowl Play
    www.apollo-hoax.me.uk...

Never saw this site before.... Hey thanks for the link!!

He brings up a very good point...

How to fit a square peg into a round hole!

Just how DID they fit the Moon Buggy into that Lander? I never thought about that one before....

Nice find Fowl Play thanks

[edit on 25-6-2007 by zorgon]

Apparently it was brought up in Apollo 15 and could fold to a small box.
    page 88
    LRV

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:50 PM
    link   

Originally posted by zorgon
    The reason was that we wanted to copy all the images before the directory vanished, as has been happening to some of the great finds we have made over the past few months...

How are you copying all of the images from that site (and any others as well)? Hopefully not manually!
    I frequently need to save files / images / pdf etc from directory trees and use a variety of widgets to get the job done by pretty much pressing one or two buttons to snag 'em all and return an hour later with all the files saved...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:53 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Orion437

No artifact at all my friend, they can bee seen in several pics from different angles.

Visit the thread.

Thanks Orion, to many threads and posts on ATS to keep up with all posts

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:08 PM
    link   

How are you copying all of the images from that site (and any others as well)? Hopefully not manually!
    I frequently need to save files / images / pdf etc from directory trees and use a variety of widgets to get the job done by pretty much pressing one or two buttons to snag 'em all and return an hour later with all the files saved...
    I don't remember what Zorgon or Undo use, but I use WinHTTrack, the Windows version of this freeware program.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:25 PM
    link   
    - I posted this in the Mars thread. But i wanted to show it here to incase people dont read the other thread. -

I am pretty sure (99%) that the "caravan" is curved hill/ditches. The light is coming from left and allmost blends the side of the hill with the ground, the right side is in the shadow.

No idea what the space between them caused though.

[edit on 25/6/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:11 PM
    link   

Originally posted by ArMaPI don't remember what Zorgon or Undo use, but I use WinHTTrack, the Windows version of this freeware program.

The workhorse is Blackwidow for me. For quick and dirty stuff, I use firefox extensions, one called "down them all" where you can choose images, pdfs other filters etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:24 PM
    link   
    This post was ment to be for the Mars topic, sorry.

[edit on 25/6/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:40 PM
    link   

:

No I use firefox download them all and ftp mirrors when I find them (like the one at LPI
    )

But that big directory won't even finish loading for me to get to pick download options...

Well it looks like all other threads may slow down for awhile thanks to the impending Alien Invasion War Games

That is a good thing, as I will be out of town from June 28th to July 03. Maybe I will even have time to catch up on the website revamping when I get back...

Unless of course the Aliens get pissed off at our silly little war games and decide to wipe us out

[edit on 26-6-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:40 PM
    link   
    I found this interesting photo of the farside in "The Moon As Viewed by Lunar Orbiter" NASA SP-200, page 27: "Southern Zone in the middle of the farside. The terminator is at 172 degrees West. This region is unusual in the extent to which depressions are flooded with dark mare material. Note also the areas of bright discoloration in the maria."

I will wait a little while before I post the interesting things I have found in this photo. I'd like to see if you see the same things.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:53 PM
    link   
    Yikes-a-rollie, more anomalies
    than you can shake a stick at.

Look at that, will ya!

By the time I got done, there were
    circles everywhere. Let's just suffice it
    to say that we are probably seeing the
    same ones you are because the whole
    pic is one big anomalie!

[edit on 27-6-2007 by undo]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:27 PM
    link   

Just a couple things I noticed, considering the low res of the image, it's not easy to really pick things out.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:42 PM
    link   
    I found a real good example of how NASA attempts to obfuscate the lunar terrain with their own 'ejecta'. The top photo is from "Exploring Space With a Camera" NASA SP-168 published by the Scientific and Technical Information Division of the Office of Technology Utilization NASA 1968. On Page 85 is the right half of Lunar Orbiter 1-102 taken August 23, 1966 at 4:36 P.M. GMT.

Now here is the identical photo published 2 years later in "The Moon As Viewed By Lunar Orbiter" NASA SP-200 Scientific and Technical Division Office of Technology Utlization NASA 1970 page 35. By this time they were starting to airbrush, obfuscate, modify, hide, change, obscure and otherwise hide from view the actual and detailed terrain of the moon from the general public. You can see the massive use of 'NASA ejecta' a white substance they spray or paint or otherwise apply to the moons terrain to obscure it.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:47 PM
    link   
    Originally posted by Zenagain

Just a couple things I noticed, considering the low res of the image, it's not easy to really pick things out.

Thanks Z. Yes, there are those limitations. My copy is 9 megs so you can imagine what I am seeing!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:58 PM
    link   
    I am not on a machine with any decent graphics program (i think i only have paint on this machine). So, in the interim, i will just point out that there appears to be a large cloud on the image John posted first.

On the big crater that is on the top in the two o'clock position has what appears to be a elongated white cloud in its' 7 o'clock position. There is also an anomolous black smudge just to the left of this white cloud.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:59 PM
    link   

Originally posted by johnlear
    Originally posted by Zenagain

Thanks Z. Yes, there are those limitations. My copy is 9 megs so you can imagine what I am seeing!

Can i get a copy of this file somewhere? Is is on The Living Moon?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:08 PM
    link   
    Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Can i get a copy of this file somewhere? Is is on The Living Moon?

I am sending it to Zorgon now and he should have it available tonight on thelivingmoon.com.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:18 PM
    link   

On second look, there is a lot going in in the area bounded in green. The "Object" bounded in blue is either a free standing object of immense proportions, or is something that was in the crater and in the milliseconds of the photograph snap, launched from the crater and made a 90 degree turn pulling dust behind it in a trail. The "thing" circled in red just isn't right. Or maybe I just have an active imagination.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:30 PM
    link   
    Here is a closer look:

new topics

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join