It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by realyweely
Of course all of the amateur atronomers cant see these secret bases, you have to have magic powers to see them

That one just earned you the iggy button

Aww, dang, ya beat me to it! I was gonna give 'em a second chance

Reallyweakly you will need to U2U me if you want to come off my iggy button.

Why on earth would I want to do that ?
You simply dont like it when someone points out the obvious to you and takes you away from your lala land ideologies

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Third... the tiff version of 155M on USGS is not good enough resolution to pull out all the small artifacts we have found in John's images...

Try the high-resolution camera images (designated with a H i.e. V-155-H3 etc.), there might be some overlap (coverage) of the areas your interested in. That’s your best bet for “card table” resolution I believe. It also depends on how high the spacecraft was at the time any given shot was taken. The orbit varies.

So then Access Denied... by your own criteria, as you said we should find the CRANE in the image YOU provided before we declare a SMOKING GUN....

I hereby declare the CRANE to be a SMOKING GUN...

And thank you so much for the effort you provided in helping us prove this to the "younger generation"

You’re welcome but I’m afraid you still have at least 7 frames (28 images total) to go before you break out the champagne…

V-150

V-151

V-152

V-153

V-154

V-156

V-157

Looks like they really went out of their way to hide your "mining operation" doesn't it?

[fixed typos]

[edit on 2-6-2007 by Access Denied]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Funny thing is, i didn't do anything to the images, other than to cut them out of the larger images,

Go out and cut a piece of raw fiberglass and scan it... Bet it would look similar

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied
Try the high-resolution camera images (designated with a H i.e. V-155-H3 etc.), there might be some overlap (coverage) of the areas your interested in. That’s your best bet for “card table” resolution I believe. It also depends on how high the spacecraft was at the time any given shot was taken. The orbit varies.

Tried those already... they are still not as high... but they also only cover a portion of the crater, conveniently NOT over the area where the mine is...

You’re welcome but I’m afraid you still have at least 7 frames (28 images total) to go before you break out the champagne…

Don't be afraid... just expect my bill for time chasing down your images

The orientation of those images has "North" on the right hand side in the posting at USGS and in the tiffs its at the bottom... so to match them with John's copy of C#5 you need to rotate the tiff 180 degrees...

The first three images in your set have the area with the mine cropped off so they are useless... The other four I can easily see the crane and will clip them later.

After that I will be serving up some crow to go with that champaign

Looks like they really went out of their way to hide your "mining operation" doesn't it?

Looks like they were really interested in Copernicus

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There are some programs that can use more than one photo of the same subject taken from the same spot to make a higher resolution photo by extrapolating the data in between the pixels using the difference in the photos.

I have tried one of those programs and it really gave much better results than just zooming in on the image, so, if we have more than one photo of some area we can make a bigger resolution photo of that area.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
greatlakes, thanks for your input on google hacking and yes it is time consuming going to all of the amatuer astronomer's websites. This is but one avenue to get to some of the many Moon photos John and his team need to filter thru. My proposal is the amatuer astronomers coming to us and not us going to them and I have a unique way of doing so with little or no money.

Yes, many amatuer astronomers have websites and many are not trained to see things like John, Zorgon, Undo, Zarniwoop and Matyas and many others that can see these anomolies on the Earth's Moon.

I am talking about a lock on the amatuer astronomy Moon photo market. You must have to have enough why fors and why toos for them to contact John and want to participate.

There are Moon photos out there that are not on a website that will knock your socks off. Many amatuer astronomers do no have a website and that one photo that is lurking out there could change the worlds thinking about mining operations, life or past life on the Moon.

Who knows also what photos may be uncovered from observatories that are in boxes, in someones garage or attic. The best is yet to come . Rik Riley

[edit on 2-6-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
John, Zorgon and Access Denied, the Orbiter digitized photos V-150 thru V-157 are simply magnificent the anomolies are so numerous it is what dreams are made of. Rik Riley

[edit on 2-6-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
There are some programs that can use more than one photo of the same subject taken from the same spot to make a higher resolution photo by extrapolating the data in between the pixels using the difference in the photos.

I have tried one of those programs and it really gave much better results than just zooming in on the image, so, if we have more than one photo of some area we can make a bigger resolution photo of that area.

What programs? I currently have Macromedia CS3 Premium. I was using PaintShop Pro 5...but found some other software so my son could do flash animations and edit movies.

What would I need to be able to do the process you refer to above?

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I have a little problem understanding something.. and I am going to put it out here to see if anyone can help...

It will require going off topic a little, but not really...

One of the things we have talked about is how they get heavy stuff off planet...

Well here is some more heavy equipment destines for Mars and I have some serious questions here...

Exhibit A: The Mars1 Humvee, currently being tested in the Arctic (Taken from my post in a Mars thread...)

Pegasus News Release... Time Shifted dated to July 27, 2003

On the Fossil Fuel Vehicle aspect...

I have a few questions that I would really like to get answers for, so perhaps a few phone calls to get some real answers is in order...

The MARS1 HUMVEE...

What I want to know is this...

A) What fuel are they going to use...
B) Is the passenger/driver area pressurized or will they need space suits
C) How are they going to heat it when temps drop to minus 200 celcius
D) How the hell are they going to get it up there?

Now on D) I could assume they will use the anti gravity we suspect they have or the simple way with the Aquila cargo transport once they get it into Low Earth Earth orbit.. but the other three are a mystery to me...

I wrote the Hummer people but no response yet. Now they have been testing and using this thing since 2003 in Haughton Crater in the Arctic on a "Mars on Earth" project... so it DOES exist...

Anyone got any ideas? Oh and one last question... why have we not heard about this thingy yet?

Haughton Mars Project

At least they won't have to worry about fixing a flat

Exhibit B: The Mars Flyer

A little while back (in the Mars thread)we were discussing clouds and a "thin" Atmosphere on Mars...

Here now is ABSOLUTE PROOF that SOMEONE knows how thick the atmosphere on Mars really is...

I mean after all, don't you need quite a bit of AIR to fly an airplane?

Air Force Research Laboratory (My favorite place for interesting tech
)

Thats right folkes... our very own Air Force is planning for a Mars detachment....

AFRL Tests Mars Flyer Concept

I tell you what... Humvee's, now fancy airplanes... I wanna know where to sign up! Exploration sure has taken a giant leap forward into luxury

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
All we lack now is a liftoff date. Where do I sign up??? I wanna go to Mars.. Might be able to get some Martian Ants for my nephews.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The Mars 1 Humvee

Zorgon, The old adage it is not what they say it is what they do holds true to this particular Mars project.

This is my take on answering your 4 questions and is strickly my opinion.

A) What fuel are they going to use?
It will not be gasoline, diesel, gasahol, hydrogen, nuclear powered, steam would you believe a combination of solar power and compressed air.
You and I know this there is air on Mars and so does NASA and The United States Air Force. The compressed air temperature will be regulated by a battery solar powered electrical heater.

B) Is the passenger/driver side pressurized or will they need space suits?

No spacesuits only for the cameras, but will need insulated coats, pants, gloves, underwear and boots. We are looking at a breathable atmosphere on Mars with similar pressure to the atmosphere on Earth only slightly less dense.

C) How are they going to heat the Humvee 1 when temps drop to minus 200 celcius?
Because it does not drop to minus 200 celcius even at the Poles on Mars. The Poles are melting just like on Earth it is called a Sun cycle. We are being fed wrong information about surface temperatures it is much warmer than we have been told. My theory is the surface is heated by geothermal activity beneath the surface of Mars. Mars contains massive amounts of subsurface water and pockets of surface water as we both know. The Humvee 1 will have a normal arctic set up heater if needed.

D) How are they going to get the Mars 1 Humvee up there?

You guessed it anti gravity spacecraft. The body will be made of plastic or resin and we will be told that it will take 2 missions to get the Humvee to Mars and will have to be assembled. The supplies and astronauts including chasis Body, first mission and treads second mission will be launched to Mars by means of powerful existing rockets or new type rockets on the drawing board. Both missions congruent targeted at the same location on Mars launched like Spirit and Opportunity, we will be told and shown. But we both know it will get there in one piece by anti-gravity spacecraft.

Here is a list of websites you already know we can research to better understand what is going on behind the scenes to make this Mars mission happen.

Mars Resource Center
www.astc.org...

Am General
www.amgeneral.com...

Mars Institute
www.marsinstitute.info...

First Air
www.firstair.ca...

Simom Fraser University
www.cs.sfu.ca...

AFRL tests flyer concept
www.afrl.af.mil...

World's first air-powered car introduced
www.popularmechanics.com...

Rik Riley

[edit on 3-6-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
MARS SURFACE EXPLORATION

Rik ( Riley )

Something does not quite seem logical to me.

Why would we use anti gravity to get to Mars then use non anti gravity to roam the surface ?

Not trying to be bloody minded. I am on your side ( and John/ Zorgon / Undo etc.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Good question pippadee, this is for show and tell the Humvee 1 to make the population on Earth think they are getting their moneys worth. Believe me this would not be my decision to use a Humvee on Mars. I believe as John Lear does, an anti gravity device was used for the Eagle Lander for the Earth's Moon landing and other Apollo Moon missions thereafter. When the Mars mission is launched it will be by conventional high powered rockets. But in secret behind the scenes the Humvee 1 will be taken to the planet by antigravity spacecraft. Unless there is a stargate I do not know about. In other words the Humvee 1 will not go to Mars by rocket only pretend to be launched.

The powers running the show do not want you to know they already have antigravity devices and spacecraft. They believe this would turn things upside down in our economy and they would lose control over the masses. I am sure alot of the Star Wars space vehicles and terrain craft were not to far fetched in the movie to what the powers in control and behind the scenes already have in their possession.

Look at the engine that runs on compressed air the U.S. is already not allowing it in the country, but 12 other countries including India are going to recieve the car. Production on the car starts 2008 the powers who are behind the scenes do not want this air compression engine in this country it does not need oil, gas, diesel, ethanol, biofuel etc. The engine will need lubrication but this could be synthetic. They will say the engine is glued together and because of not up to par workmanship it will not be allowed into our country. I am scratching my head, does not the Space Shuttle use glued tiles on the underbelly that keep falling off but it still keeps flying. Hmmmmmmmm Rik Riley

[edit on 3-6-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
A friend told me yesterday that the military was flying really high in the atmosphere making wierd strait lines, he also sais they do this to make it rain and he sais it works... now if they want to launch a monolithical machine in space with out ppl seeing it go up, then a rainy day would be the best camo, dark clouds, heavy rain, no pedestrians looking up at the sky's. I mean would you stand in the heavy rain looking towords the sky's?

Also I think ppl should realize not to go to Stadiums for shelter... these could be huge human transporters. (IMO)

As fot the Hummer they are real, we have many in Canada but they are just for the north... I never heard anything about them sending them to mars, what there actually testing is the tracks(wheels), they will go on a moon rover(if they pass there test's).

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
SpaceBits, when it comes to weather control anything is possible including HAARP. I had taken a trip up on a glasier with a similar larger treaded vehicle at Glasier National Park in Alberta Canada, now that was fun. Behind the scenes there is always something going on we do not know about and the powers in charge do not want us to know. Talking about rain to camaflouge a launch with anti gravity devices is not a bad idea if you are hiding something like a giant mining machine.

In Oklahoma City on the news it showed a flying disk like a flying suacer fly directly into a tornados top cone vortex. This has to be archived if it has not been distroyed. Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Taken from: BBC News

Thursday, 30 August, 2001, 20:13 GMT 21:13 UK
Rain-making link to killer floods

Government "rain-makers" used adapted gliders

Thirty-five deaths in the infamous Lynmouth flood disaster came only days after RAF rain-making experiments over southern England, it has emerged.
Ninety million tonnes of water swept down the narrow valley into Lynmouth on 15 August, 1952, destroying whole buildings.

Now, a BBC investigation has confirmed that secret experiments were causing heavy rainfall.

Classified documents on the trials have gone missing, but people involved have told their story for the BBC Radio Four's Document programme.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The Mars-1 Humvee Rover Project

The Mars-1 Rover itself IS NOT designed to travel to Mars and explore it in its current design and function. This humvee was designed to explore the Arctic, to operate within the region, in that and other extreme climates. It is meant as a testbed for future Mars exploration vehicle design, but it itself IS NOT going to mars now or in the future in its present form!

The Mars-1 is an experimental TEST vehicle, a field exploration vehicle. Why was the Arctic island of Devon Island chosen? It matches the rugged terrain of Mars for one, and it also matches the extreme temperatures of Mars.

Here's the background stuff that I found on the project.

Devon island arrival:

The Mars Institute today announced that its MARS-1 Humvee rover has reached Devon Island in the Canadian high Arctic after successfully crossing the Wellington Channel, a 23 mile (37 km) stretch of treacherous sea ice separating Cornwallis Island from Devon Island at 75°N.

About the Mars-1

The distinctive orange MARS-1 Humvee rover is a unique experimental field exploration vehicle modified for the HMP by AM General, manufacturer of the famous High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) or Humvee. The refurbished four-wheel-drive all-terrain rover rolled out of AM General's plant in Mishiwaka, Indiana, on May 14, 2002, bearing the one-of-a-kind serial number "MARS-1". The vehicle configuration is that of a military ambulance HMMWV. To increase traction and tread lightly, the MARS-1 is equipped with wide tracks manufactured by Mattracks, Inc.

What are the goals of the Mars-1 Project?

The vehicle was specified to allow two parallel goals to be met:
1) support Arctic science research in Astrobiology and Mars analog studies by serving as a safe, reliable, all-terrain-capable, high-tech roving field laboratory vehicle; and

2) serve as an economic test bed for preliminary design and operations studies that will help define some of the key requirements for future pressurized rovers for human Moon and Mars exploration.

So not only as a vehicle testbed for Mars, but other planets that match the extreme conditions as well, such as the moon. It will also as a fringe benefit, study Arctic life in the extreme climate conditions and to better understand the the Arctic ecosystem, and in turn understand other areas of life on Earth as well as on other planets.

Mars-1 is a concept vehicle:

As the primary Arctic field science mission takes place, the MARS-1 will also be used as an experimental concept vehicle that will help define some of the key requirements for designing and operating a future pressurized rover for human Moon and Mars exploration. Pressurized rovers are generally thought to be required to enable effective long-distance human exploration activities.

Haughton-Mars Project (HMP)

The Haughton-Mars Project (HMP) is an international interdisciplinary field research project centered on the scientific study of the Haughton impact structure and surrounding terrain, Devon Island, High Arctic, viewed as a terrestrial analog for Mars.

The rocky polar desert setting, geologic features and biological attributes of the site offer unique insights into the possible evolution of Mars - in particular the history of water and of past climates on Mars -, the effects of impacts on Earth and on other planets, and the possibilities and limits of life in extreme environments. In parallel with its Science program, the HMP supports an Exploration program aimed at developing new technologies, strategies, humans factors experience, and field-based operational know-how key to planning the future exploration of the Moon, Mars and other planets by robots and humans.

Haughton-Mars Project (HMP)

Mars Analogs

Terrestrial analogs for Mars are settings on Earth, indoors or outdoors, where environmental conditions, geologic features, biological attributes, or combinations thereof offer opportunities for comparisons with possible counterparts on Mars and for partial simulations of martian conditions.

No place on Earth is truly like Mars. Although Mars can be characterized at present as a cold desert, not even the polar deserts of the Earth achieve the extremes in minimum temperature, dryness, low atmospheric pressure and harsh radiation conditions that the surface of Mars currently experiences. Many aspects of the geologic and potential biologic evolution of Mars are likely to have been different or remain uncertain enough that any comparison with the Earth must be conducted with caution.

With regards to the Apollo 17 mission lunar rover, the rover was not enclosed of course and traveled via wheels, not tracks. Vehicles that are designed from lessons learned from testbeds like the Mars-1 (and I'm sure others in the future as well) would not have these limitations, the vehicle would have presurized crew areas, the space explorers would be able to operate without bulky spacesuits, and have the ability to operate scientific instruments with ease.

Mars-1 more pics:

www.marstoday.com...

www.marsonearth.org...

So in reply to zorgons post:

One of the things we have talked about is how they get heavy stuff off planet...Well here is some more heavy equipment destines for Mars and I have some serious questions here...

Exhibit A: The Mars1 Humvee, currently being tested in the Arctic (Taken from my post in a Mars thread...)

On the Fossil Fuel Vehicle aspect...
I have a few questions that I would really like to get answers for, so perhaps a few phone calls to get some real answers is in order...

The MARS1 HUMVEE...
What I want to know is this...

A) What fuel are they going to use...
B) Is the passenger/driver area pressurized or will they need space suits
C) How are they going to heat it when temps drop to minus 200 celcius
D) How the hell are they going to get it up there?

A) What fuel are they going to use...The Mars-1 IS NOT GOING TO MARS IN ITS PRESENT FORM. Its an experimental test vehicle.

B) Is the passenger/driver area pressurized or will they need space suits, THE MARS-1 IS NOT PRESSURIZED, ITS A HUMVEE.

C) How are they going to heat it when temps drop to minus 200 celcius-The Mars-1 IS NOT GOING TO MARS IN ITS PRESENT FORM. Its an experimental test vehicle.

D) How the hell are they going to get it up there? They are not going to get the Mars-1 up onto Mars. The Mars-1 IS NOT GOING TO MARS IN ITS PRESENT FORM. Its an experimental test vehicle.

I am researching the mars flyer next, certainly seems interesting!

[edit on 3-6-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Exhibit B: The Mars Flyer

A little while back (in the Mars thread)we were discussing clouds and a "thin" Atmosphere on Mars...

Here now is ABSOLUTE PROOF that SOMEONE knows how thick the atmosphere on Mars really is...I mean after all, don't you need quite a bit of AIR to fly an airplane?

AFRL Tests Mars Flyer Concept

Well the definition of "AIR" really refers to the stuff we breathe here on planet Earth. Mars does have an "ATMOSPHERE". It is fully admitted and documented (even by NASA). It is not a secret! But to say its "air" is not necc. correct if you adhere to the common definition that we refer to AIR as...

Definitions of "AIR":

a mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for BREATHING; the stuff that the wind consists of; "air pollution"; "a smell of chemicals in the air"; "open a window and let in some air"; "I need some fresh air"

Mixture of gases which composes the Earth's atmosphere.
www.palmbeachdailynews.com...

Etc etc... so in any case, I believe the term to use should be "ATMOSPHERE" to be correct, but hey if you want to use "AIR" feel free.

The composition of Mars atmosphere:

95.32% carbon dioxide
2.7% nitrogen
1.6% argon
0.13% oxygen
0.07% carbon monoxide
0.03% water vapor
trace neon, krypton, xenon, ozone, methane

The average surface pressure on Mars to be 0.7% as compared to Earth. The average height of features on mars is much higher though, so the corrections need to be applied when comparing the atmospheric pressures to that of Earths. Taking the sea level pressures on Mars and comparing to that of Earths would be a better count as to the comparison...With this it works out to be around 1.1% to that of Earths atmospheric pressure.

Now on Earth the air pressure at 40000 feet is around 13% of the sea level pressure, so thinner than at sea level of course, but not nearly as thin as on Mars. Density also needs to be looked at in the Mars atmosphere since the constituent gases that make up the atmosphere are different.

Aerodynamic forces directly depend on the gas density. The mars atmosphere model gives us two eqns, temperature and pressure:

T = -10.34 - 0.001217(h)
p = 14.62 (exp(-.00003(h)))

and density:
r = p / [1149 (T + 459.7)]

T=temp, h=altitude, p=pressure, r=density
note: there are two different models for the calculations w.r.t altitude. The above is altitude above 22000 feet models...

So with these eqns, it can be worked out that the pressure at say 100,000 feet on Mars is around 3% to that on Earth. The temperature on Mars at this altitude is -132F compared to Earth's -40F. So the Martian atmosphere is 'closer' to that of Earths relative to being able to aerodynamically support an airplane.

The mars atmosphere CAN support aerodynamic flight, ie: the airplane won't just "fall from the sky", the flight will NOT be able to be sustained for long periods of time based upon the wing area being a feasible amount. So thus with a feasible wing area (for a scientific Mars exploration mission) the airplane will not be a sustained flight, but a shorter flight, basically a probe similar to the crash landing type probes, but with a relatively longer observance time of the planet.

Here is some info I've found on the particular project:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Because the Martian atmosphere is so thin, taking off from the ground would require very big wings or a very fast take-off. One solution to this problem is to have the airplane drop off an entry vehicle as it is coming into the Martian sky. As the plane drops off, the wings would unfold and it would start flying, being powered either by batteries or by gliding through the air. A likely place to fly airplanes would be in valleys or other interesting places where there is a lot to see over great distances.

Although this flight would be relatively short, less than an hour, and shorter than a balloon flight for example, an airplane is more controllable and can be directed to closely approach targets of interest. To receive even more data from an airplane, engineers are also engaged in further research that will give them insight into how to make a Mars airplane stay aloft for longer periods of time.

The ARES Model

The unfolding sequence, it is NOT designed to stay aloft for an extended amount of time. A sort of kamikaze mission, stay aloft for short amount of time, but be able to perform data gathering at certain altitudes aver certain areas of study, finally gliding down and either no longer function, or if lucky, some limited amount of data gathering available.

You can build your own ARES!
marsairplane.larc.nasa.gov...
marsairplane.larc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 3-6-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
What programs? I currently have Macromedia CS3 Premium. I was using PaintShop Pro 5...but found some other software so my son could do flash animations and edit movies.

What would I need to be able to do the process you refer to above?
One of the programs is PhotoAcute Studio. It has a free trial version (that is the one I have used) that cannot save the resulting image. It was made to work better with specific cameras and I did not get good results when I used images from the Internet.

It needs at least 2 images to work.

This is one of my photos of the moon

And this the result of making a 2x image by using the image above and another that was a little out of focus.

Another program is QE SuperResolution. This does not use more than one image but its results are not as good.

This is the same photo of the Moon after a 2x resizing with QE SuperResolution.

If you want to search for more, this technique is called "super resolution".

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
All we lack now is a liftoff date.

Need to get with our "technical department" on that, right Matyas?

As to tickets... your already on the list, despite the fact that your collective has its own transport they seem unwilling to share

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join