It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

Knock yourself out, let us know what you find.

The reason for the brightness and contrast is to turn down the BRIGHT areas, namely aristarchus crater and other features, they appear white don't they to you? But if you want to play with the other colors, feel free, post the results, thanks.

I'm not going to do anything
You wanted to proof something about the BLUE glowing 'substance' but then you use contrast on all white and light colors. I can make the whole map turn white like that.

Edit: ZORGON read U2U now!!

[edit on 27/5/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Welcome back from 'lurking" Are you referring to the cube files? please do share

[edit on 27-5-2007 by zorgon]

Um no, its called sleeping actually...I leave everything on this box running 24/7, browsers, irc, servers, the whole shebang...

No, I'm not referring to the .cub files...I'm not going to go there, it simply isnt worth my time and effort given what's transpired on here in the last 18 hrs or so...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
Edit: ZORGON read U2U now!!

LOL I did and you have mail... sorry I forgot to log out when I ran on an errand...

Originally posted by Rilence
I'm not going to go there, it simply isnt worth my time and effort given what's transpired on here in the last 18 hrs or so...

Its called "heated debate" That happens sometimes when people on both sides have strong opinions... when it gets a little out of hand, as is human nature, the principal gets out his strap and "re-educates" us

If some of us didn't have a little passion for our ideas, this would be a boring place

[edit on 28-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
I'm not going to go there, it simply isnt worth my time and effort given what's transpired on here in the last 18 hrs or so...

Its called "heated debate" That happens sometimes when people on both sides have strong opinions... when it gets a little out of hand, as is human nature, the principal gets out his strap and "re-educates" us

If some of us didn't have a little passion for our ideas, this would be a boring place

[edit on 28-5-2007 by zorgon]

Call it what you will, I guess we will have to agree to disagree...Calling someone this or that purely because of something they said, or something you percived them to say is wrong

Therefore its not worth my time and effort...

Good luck with it all Zorgon

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Copernicus Grid# S10-T10

Edit: Just noticed this was mentioned on Pegasus website also, and most likely on ATS to. Only i have some added detailed color..

[edit on 28/5/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm working on a new project of making all first page fullsize images into 3D.Here is a small example for you to enjoy..I hope
Best to use is red/cyan glasses.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
More info added, entrance to mountain? Can't make anything else of it, put some brightness on to see all bricks going around the opening. There is alot more 'stuff' laying around. Copernicus Grid# E4

Edit: * Load this in a paint tool, so you can zoom in and focus on what i pointed at.

[edit on 29/5/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I'm working on a new project of making all first page fullsize images into 3D.Here is a small example for you to enjoy..I hope
Good idea!

But that address says that the image does not exist.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

If you need space to host them I can open a folder at Pegasus for you. I have a little extra space
Photobucket has limited space.

Yes the three d versions are Awesome, even the low res test version I already found a couple new artifacts and confirmed others. This is going to start a whole new game! Now we just need a good source of those glasses. I only have the red/blue ones a small cardboard pair from a kids book.. Never knew I would need them, but I just bought an old 1968 book with large Lunar Orbiter pictures and they have some using the red/blue 3D as well

[edit on 29-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Armap, the example will be here shortly again.

I'm sending you 1 file split in 2x11MB files now Zorgon. I asked Springer for hosting to.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I will repost soon, sorry.

[edit on 29/5/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
movies in 3d usually give you a nice pair of 3d glasses.
rikriley's method works, it just takes your visual cortex/brain a minute to adjust.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
movies in 3d usually give you a nice pair of 3d glasses.
rikriley's method works, it just takes your visual cortex/brain a minute to adjust.

Riks method may work but if your fighting bad eyesight and a stigmatism it gives you such a HEADACHE

The problem also was that there are red/blue glasses and red/cyan glasses. I will grab the images Cy sent me and post them in a few minutes.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Never knew I would need them, but I just bought an old 1968 book with large Lunar Orbiter pictures and they have some using the red/blue 3D as well

Z... Which LO book did you get from 1968?
I got a nifty pair of 1970 blue/red specs with my purchase of SP200

On a completely different subject, for those who like to zoom in and look for stuff, here is a hires LO pic with some very interesting landscape. I found a bunch of anomalies in this one.

astrogeology.usgs.gov...

File name: vhr_3162_med_raw.TIF

Here are a couple interesting looking ones...

This one shows a circular object with something going through the center (axle?)... looks like maybe some old decrepit machinery.

This one looks like a wheel-looking object standing upright...

[edit on 30-5-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

SP 200
but the glasses were not so nifty. I think they were added later. They are kids size

Ejecta white

[edit on 30-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

SP 200
but the glasses were not so nifty. I think they were added later. They are kids size

You're right. I use the word "nifty" quite loosely... The specs are pretty lame, but most of the copies seem to come with them, so I think they are original, cheesy, late 60's 3D specs .

The book and pics are pretty cool.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I have all sorts of books and magazines coming in now... been going through John's list... ow I just need time to read them.

I have one in particular that is newer but can't wait to read it... "The Two Sides of the Moon" by David Scott and Alexei Leonov, with foreward by Neil Armstrong

Astronauts view of the real truth behind the space race... I am sure it will be interesting

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
As promised, the small examples again from Copernicus in 3D. I enhanced it a bit to be clear in the smaller example to. And remember, dont believe every public word NASA writes.

Copernicus #1

Copernicus #2

[edit on 30/5/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

As promised, the small examples again from Copernicus in 3D. I enhanced it a bit to be clear in the smaller example to. And remember, dont believe every public word NASA writes.

Cygnific, thanks for your work on these photos. I just took a look at Copernicus 1 and 2 in 3D and to say the least they are astounding.

I am using the 3D glasses that came with the NASA book, "The Moon As Viewed by Lunar Orbiter" SP-200. Don't you know NASA would be going nuts if they knew what we were using the glasses they provided to look at!!!!!!

I have a slight disadvantage as I am medium red-green color blind so I am going down to the eye glass store at 9 am this morning and have a pair of glasses custom-colorized in red-blue 3d corrected for my color deficiency and corrected for 12 inches viewing from the screen. I am sure it will be expensive but well worth it as I find it a little difficult using my present tri-focals and holding the 3D glasses. But the result, looking at your photos is nothing less than fantastic.

One other thing is that I darken the room so there are no light distractions.

How much longer until the hi-res?

Cygnific, let me say again that this effort of yours to put the Copernicus photos in 3D is absolutely brilliant. I see at least twice as much as did before. Many thanks for your effort it is greatly appreciated!

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

On a completely different subject, for those who like to zoom in and look for stuff, here is a hires LO pic with some very interesting landscape. I found a bunch of anomalies in this one.

File name: vhr_3162_med_raw.TIF

I want to know what they blacked out in the crater..Must be pretty big, or the painter was lazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join