It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
Who said a hexagonal crater was something not natural? I doubt anybody ever said that.

You are right Cygnific. The only person I ever heard say a crater with a geometrical shape was not natural (other than Aristarchus) is Hoagland. He claims the triangular crater Ukert is Alien Made a fact I do not agree with.

greatlakes also tried to imply that when I posted my Heart shaped craters on Mars that I was claiming they were other than natural.... Never once have I said that, nor have I ever offered ANY explaination on HOW they were formed.

But then that is the tactics these guys use... fill the thread with post after post of stuff that just makes it hard for viewers to even follow the thread... and then toss in incorrect quotes and putting words into our mouths...

And as in the case of the Feldspars... providing totally incorrect or at best misleading data...

Nice going! To bad it doesn't work

Here is Hoaglands version.... repeated all over the net

Here is my version... From Mike...

Hexagonal craters are all over Iapetus, and there is a HUGE Hexagon on the north pole of Saturn

Perhaps natural crater structures would best be discussed in the Sciences section... this is after all the UFO Alien section

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Feldspar DOES NOT FLUORESCE ...EVER nor does it have PHOSPHORESCENCE

Fluorescence is an effect created by high energy light usually UV exciting particles in the rock causing it to glow, and depending on the content it can be VERY bright especially if Uraniun salts are present... (or Thorium which seems to be abundant on the moon).

Maybe you didn't read this:

Some LTP phenomena may be caused by sunlight interacting with the lunar soil. On October 30, 1963, James Greenacre and Edward Barr observed red spots sparkling on the southwest wall of the crater Aristarchus, the east wall of Schroter's Valley, and a hill between them (S&T: December, 1963, page 316).

The phenomena was observed visually by others and recorded spectroscopically as well. At the same lunar phase a month later, Greenacre and Barr saw a similar event. Since sunrise on these features occurs when the Moon is about 11 days old, Greenacre thought that the low lunar Sun was somehow responsible. Indeed, thermoluminesence mat be the cause. Gases in the lunar soil, frozen during the night, could heat up and escape near sunrise.

Could high-energy solar particles impacting the Moon also trigger LTP activity? Shortly after a large flare erupted on the Sun in 1963, Zdenek Kopal and Thomas Rackham at Pic du Midi Observatory in southern France photographed a local brightening around the craters Copernicus, Kepler, and Aristarchus. Kopal proposed that energetic particles from the flare caused lunar rocks to fluorescence. Such activity might be expected especially at full phase when the Moon passes through the Earth's magnetosphere, where solar wind particles become trapped.

In addition, direct from the Chandra Observatory (yes I know, more ESTABLISHED science for you):

Chandra has been used to prospect for elements on the Moon. Oxygen, magnesium, aluminum and silicon were detected over a large area of the lunar surface.

The lunar X-rays are caused by fluorescence due to the impact of solar X-rays on the surface of the Moon.

Fluorescent X-rays give a direct measurement of elements present, independent of assumptions about the type of mineral or other complications. When longer observations of the Moon are made with Chandra, they should help to determine if the Moon was formed by a giant impact of a planetoid with the Earth about 4.5 billion years ago, or by some other process.

chandra.harvard.edu...

Can it be any plainer than that for you? Perhaps you should stick to...well whatever it is that you do...and leave the science to the experts.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

As well...i might be able to get Cubit...is is windows compatible or just for Linux?

Thank you Mr Furry... I will get back to you on that tonight... I have some other questions I would like to run by you as well

[edit on 27-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

But then that is the tactics these guys use... fill the thread with post after post of stuff that just makes it hard for viewers to even follow the thread... and then toss in incorrect quotes and putting words into our mouths...

And as in the case of the Feldspars... providing totally incorrect or at best misleading data...

Nice going! To bad it doesn't work

We now have greatlakes statement (unless he was being facetious again)

Yes John I am with the Navy now, also I am an airbrusher and a disinfo agent and I have not one or two cloud images, but thousands, millions even! The other ATS'er, rilance, he is my underling

And I checked on their registration date here with ATS, Rilence registered April 3, 2007 and greatlakes registered 2 days later on the 5th.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

And finally these images are UV light spectrum enhanced from Clementine I believe:

This image seems like I can't see the hexagonal crater feature right? Do YOU SEE THE DOME AND THE HEXAGONAL protrusion that 'appears' to be dimpled out from the crater floor?

Interesting I also do not see the central mountain peaks that are usually in the center of Aristarchus either... so where did they go? I suppose in all your haste you neglected that little ommision as not important? As Cy said many of those images show different centers... make me think that either the crater changes, or someone is showing me different craters...

Hmmmmm

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakeswhat i cubit?

If you had been paying attention I have mentioned it twice... but you are on a crusade so I can see how you miss what others are saying

Cubit is a Department of Defense program created by Sandia Labs and is available for a license fee to acceptable institutions, not the public...

.cub or "cube" file format was created for this program ISIS is another program that can handle them. All info I have found seems to indicate due to the processing requirements you really need a mainframe, but I will be awaiting Rilence's results

cubit.sandia.gov...

Now please stop putting words in our mouths and at least try to understand what we actually say.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Interesting I also do not see the central mountain peaks that are usually in the center of Aristarchus either... so where did they go? I suppose in all your haste you neglected that little ommision as not important? As Cy said many of those images show different centers... make me think that either the crater changes, or someone is showing me different craters...

Simply amazing, do you just post your thoughts haphazardly. I bet you didn't even download the image to perform some, at least cursory examination of the crater floor in that image. If you had, you would clearly see the center crater island features.
If I had three thumbs down I'd give it too ya!

Cmon, can't you see that the image is NOT REAL COLOR, NOT VISIBLE SPECTRUM. At least perform SOME kind of due diligence when you post a rebuttal.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes[/i
I stumbled onto a site that had some cub files translated into images and they were HUGE like 250 MB in size, I'll have to see if I can find it again....

Thats not huge... 2-3 GIGABYTES is HUGE, the size of the Clementine cube files

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

zorgon: Found the site...www.astrosurf.com...
What do make of that 496MB files...!

Its a really cool program I have it all downloaded and running on my computer. Its great for identifying craters etc but they are still to small.

But if you have space I would definately recommend it its a great Atlas for finding your locations

Not enough detail for anomaly search though

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Maybe you didn't read this:

Yes actually I did but at one point you are using feldspar "labradorescence" as your reason for the glow of Aristarchus, and then when I point out that your reasoning is incorrect you switch to x-ray fluorescence as the cause, totally ignoring the fact that Anorthosite is NOT the mineral that x-ray fluoresces...

You are simply trying to confuse people here that are laymen with fancy techno babble...

You totally ignore the fact that X_RAY FLUORESCENSE is NOT VISIBLE TO THE NAKED EYE the fluorescence is in the X-ray portion of the spectrum...

Then there is this...

"Greenacre thought that the low lunar Sun was somehow responsible. Indeed, thermoluminesence may be the cause. Gases in the lunar soil, frozen during the night, could heat up and escape near sunrise.
"

Yup real science at work... sounds like a whole bunch of guesses to me... they don't have a clue really

Can it be any plainer than that for you? Perhaps you should stick to...well whatever it is that you do...and leave the science to the experts.

Good idea!
I shall go back to what it is I do. Its obvious that your insulting manner of "debate" is part of your agenda to distract from the ideas presented. Basically it makes you out to be a buffoon

And as to the last part, before you try to use X-rays as a reason why we can see Aristarchus glow... I would suggest you study a little about the effects before posting...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You still never answered my questions when asked: What it is that YOU think causes the lunar surface luminosity? I'll make it easy for you, multiple choice, or fill-in the blank?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Simply amazing, do you just post your thoughts haphazardly.

No I post my thoughts in the best order to deliberately antagonize you... seems to be working too

I bet you didn't even download the image to perform some, at least cursory examination of the crater floor in that image.

See there you go making assumptions again... It simply shows how flustered you are. I have that and many images like it from the Clementine data set, as well as shadow relief versions AND TOPOGRAPHIC versions. For you to make erroneous statements about what I have or have not considered is purely argumentative and not productive.. So as has been pointed out to me by several colleagues, "Don't do it, Zorgon..." LOL I will go back to heeding those peers

Cmon, can't you see that the image is NOT REAL COLOR, NOT VISIBLE SPECTRUM.

REALLY?
Surely you are not serious? Looks like REAL Color to me I see reds, blues, greens and as I can see it I must therefore assume it is in visible spectrum...

Perhaps you meant that the colors are only representing other data?

Hmmm very confusing..

:shk:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
Yes indeed, and if it is not one of these, it still is an anomalie which doesn't seem to fit in the area at all.

Thank you THAT is precisely the point... I believe it to be ancient mining equipment, but it may not be... But it is clearly NOT a rock or natural feature. And taken in overall context with the rest of the area...

Just simply the fact that it shouldn't be there is important, no matter what it might actually be

Have you ever tried to ask NASA about it? I'm very curious what answer they will give for that thing. And if you didn't ask, i will send some mails around including the anomalie.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No I post my thoughts in the best order to deliberately antagonize you... seems to be working too

How petty and childish of you. I expect that kind of behavior from 3rd graders. Oh, sorry, not to offend you, after all, ages aren't posted on ATS so there's really no telling your age.

Seems you are the one getting flustered on this thread, not sticking to the issues, not answering straight forward questions and the like as well as breaking T&C by obvious name-calling. But when your *ahem* alternative pet theories really don't stand up to scrutiny, science and research, I guess thats your only recourse.

I think you should possibly stick to posting pink indistinguishable blobs, analyzing heart shaped craters
, or those fluffy cloud images I posted, if you can't see the island formation present in the image.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here are a couple of photos of the possible nuclear reactor called Aristarchus on the moon. On each drawing I have outlined in silver pen the definite boundaries of shapes I saw. When I work with the photo of Aristarchus I always use a new print so I am not distracted by something else I have drawn on the photo. That is why the tunnels and the rectangular opening and other shapes are not on the same print. I have been meaning to combine the shapes I see into one photo but I have not had time so I am posting 2 of them.

The hexagonal dome is obvious. This is not an impact crater. The roadways and the tunnels and rectangular opening are very clear to those who want to take the time to print out a copy of Aristarchus and study it under different lighting.

The curved buildings structures on the far side of Aristarchus are easily discernable.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Here are a couple of photos of the possible nuclear reactor called Aristarchus on the moon. On each drawing I have outlined in silver pen the definite boundaries of shapes I saw. When I work with the photo of Aristarchus I always use a new print so I am not distracted by something else I have drawn on the photo. That is why the tunnels and the rectangular opening and other shapes are not on the same print. I have been meaning to combine the shapes I see into one photo but I have not had time so I am posting 2 of them.

Good job on the overlay drawing. Have you seen a similar technique, called "Project Redstar", not sure who did the overlay on this video, but pretty bang up job. You should really post the "non-overlay" version of the image for others to determine the validity of your overlays...

Regards to Aris.C though, NOT convinced that the crater is a DOME. Am convinced that the crater is...well a crater, a trick of shadow and light. ALSO, in the above images, how do you account for the OTHER bright areas surrounding Aris.C? There are 2 distinct areas of matching lumnosity there, in addition to Aristarchus.

Anyway here's the video:

Google Video Link

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
originally posted by greatlakes

How petty and childish of you. I expect that kind of behavior from 3rd graders. Oh, sorry, not to offend you, after all, ages aren't posted on ATS so there's really no telling your age.

Greatlakes I think you should cut Zorgon some slack here. We were all delighted to have you and Rilence aboard to help us with the moon thread.

But when it turned into an obvious dishonest debunking effort with hundreds of unrelated photos and your sorry 'good cop, bad cop' routine we grew weary.

It was taking valuable time to explain your incorrect, if not outright dishonest debunking to those on this thread who depend on accurate information. Oh, you sounded good all right but it was just plain bunk.

So you have to understand that Zorgon is way ahead of of you and not tolerant of your inconsistencies and erroneous information. He is not petty and childish, he is just calling a spade a spade.

If you want to bow out gracefully we will understand. If not, you will have to account for your dishonesty and misrepresentations because no matter how long it takes Zorgon will call you on every one of them. Understand? Thanks.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
But when it turned into an obvious dishonest debunking effort with hundreds of unrelated photos and your sorry 'good cop, bad cop' routine we grew weary

So you have to understand that Zorgon is way ahead of of you and not tolerant of your inconsistencies and erroneous information. He is not petty and childish, he is just calling a spade a spade.

If you want to bow out gracefully we will understand. If not, you will have to account for your dishonesty and misrepresentations because no matter how long it takes Zorgon will call you on every one of them. Understand? Thanks.

PLEASE EXPOUND ON MY EXACT POSTS AS BEING BUNK. Because frankly I believe your posts to only be SCIENCE FICTION and I have presented VALID, LOGICAL and RESEARCHED information that many readers I'm sure would agree.

As far as whatever figments of your imagination of "good cop / bad cop" paranoia that you state, I suggest you PRESENT PROOF of your ACCUSATIONS or be within violation of T&C RULES. I have stayed within these rules. If you think that rilance and I are somehow in collusion in your PARANOID mind, I suggest you open up a line to a MODERATOR, S.O. or any other of the Three Amigos and present your shoddy information to them, please, I invite you.

Otherwise, I SUGGEST YOU DROP YOUR PARANOID DELUSIONS NOW. Oh BTW, perhaps it is YOU who should bow out gracefully, I will CONTINUE to call you on everything that I find erroneous and TABLOID-LIKE as well and continue to "DENY IGNORANCE".

AGAIN PLEASE, PLEASE show me your EVIDENCE of my, as you say, DISHONESTY and MIS-REPRESENTATIONS that have been made by me that were NOT honest mistakes and/or corrected.

No, No, Thank You.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Good job on the overlay drawing. Have you seen a similar technique, called "Project Redstar", not sure who did the overlay on this video, but pretty bang up job.

I have worked with Stewart Best for many years. He is the author of Project Redstar. I distributed many copies of it free at the UFO conference in San Jose last year. I even have a part in the new version.

Regards to Aris.C though, NOT convinced that the crater is a DOME.

Oh its a dome alright and its name is Aristarchus. Thanks.

Am convinced that the crater is...well a crater, a trick of shadow and light.

A trick of shadow and light??? Is this a joke???

I'd be embarrassed if I were you greatlakes to try and pull that one out of your hat. Sheeeeesh.

Are you related to the late Carl Sagan by any chance?

ALSO, in the above images, how do you account for the OTHER bright areas surrounding Aris.C? There are 2 distinct areas of matching lumnosity there, in addition to Aristarchus.

There are MANY distinct bright areas ALL OVER THE MOON. How do I account for them? Well let me say this: If you are not buying that Aristarchus is a dome, then you don't need to worry about the other brights areas. Thanks.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

zorgon: Found the site...www.astrosurf.com...
What do make of that 496MB files...!

We've (or at least, *I*) have already went through every single picture and file they have at that site.

It's interesting but not great. NASA's whirlwind prgram is probably a bit better, but not by much.

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join