It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
I would, however, give my first born for a first generation, unairbrushed copy of either LO-III-85M or AS-10-32-4821.

LOL

John, I am not an image expert, I am only asking questions.
The AS10 image is the 4810 frame. What I was looking at were stars until I stumbled on what seems to be white squares. The stars, are possibly only dust.

The squares on AS10 and the walls on Lo3 are not exact the same place, but not far away. You need to look at the original picture.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by looofo]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Finished with the uploads for the space gallery. Took quite a while and, until i go back over it in numerical order, it may still be missing some images.

www.thestargates.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by papajake

Source: astrogeology.usgs.gov...

Image Name: 4058_h2_raw

That looks pretty cool papajake. But, judging by the angle of sunlight in the pic, that looks like a crater. If that were a sphere and it's shadow, the sun would have to be coming from the north-side of the pic. The sunlight direction in this pic is low on the horizon and coming from the South.

Keep looking, though

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
The AS10 image is the 4810 frame. What I was looking at were stars until I stumbled on what seems to be white squares. The stars, are possibly only dust. The squares on AS10 and the walls on Lo3 are not exact the same place, but not far away. You need to look at the original picture.

Yes, of course, 4810. They both show the same thing. What I was saying was that 4810 looks east to west and Lo3 looks south to north and is foreshortened.

So the squares on AS10-32-4810 would not look the same as they do on Lo3 because they are taken with 2 completely different cameras with different lenses. That makes it very difficult to compare artifacts because not only are they taken with very different cameras and different lenses but they are taken at different times of the day. Not to mention that LO3 was in 1966 and Apollo 10 in 1969.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Undo, the Lunar Orbiter photos are so good and detailed that many visual discoveries will be coming soon to a thread near you. Great work happy scanning. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
we should save all these images in more than one format. such as on CD ,
hard copied onto print paper then encased in that plastic coating they put on IDs, sealed in a water proof safe and buried under john's house in a cement-lined, water resistant enclosure with security system...and watch dogs. lol

Ummmm errrr if we bury them under John's house we may dig into that secret base in Sunrise Mountain

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The AS10 image is the 4810 frame. What I was looking at were stars until I stumbled on what seems to be white squares. The stars, are possibly only dust.

It is always good to ask questions... and for a non expert you are doing pretty good...

Looking for stars... that is a good quest... but very elusive in NASA images...

But after a few days of searching I was unable to match the image of frame 4810 that you posted from Keith Laney's collection...

So you say the stars are possibly only dust... perhaps but that "dust" in that copy is only on the black portion... and it sure is a lot of dust...

The image below has been contrast adjusted and brightness added to enhance the "dust" in the background... the moon has been cropped back in from the original... it is also the reduced version, yet the stars still show...

I would like to know where Kieth got his copies from..

The bigger version is available here;The Loofo Files

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Zorgon did you ever think possibly these are ice crystals in the air in this pic. I do understand there seems to be no overlap on the surface of the Moon with the ice crystals but it is possible the crystals have blended in on the white surface with this pic. I saw ice crystals in the air in Northern Alberta, Canada with no cloud cover @ minus 55 degrees below zero F, real temperature not wind chill. Rik Riley

[edit on 6-4-2007 by rikriley]

[edit on 6-4-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The Loofo Files

I'm honored zorgon!

I did some more homework on the white squares.

The 5 frames following 4810 don't show exactly the same clear white boxes.
What is interesting too in all those frames is the part to the top left of Ukert crater. Plenty of small craters.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
John,
Ever since you mentioned on Coasttocoast your desire to open a "cub file" I downloaded the one you made available (moon latitude farside). The cub file is opened by a program called CUBIT made available through Sandia Laboratories. It requires a $300 licensing fee to download (see here:
cubit.sandia.gov... ) Were you ever able to get beyond this? Did you manage to get one opened?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corbin Dalus
John,
Ever since you mentioned on Coasttocoast your desire to open a "cub file" I downloaded the one you made available (moon latitude farside). The cub file is opened by a program called CUBIT made available through Sandia Laboratories. It requires a $300 licensing fee to download (see here:
cubit.sandia.gov... ) Were you ever able to get beyond this? Did you manage to get one opened?

Yeah, we've tried all kinds of things including trying to get a GNU cubit program, but alas, the moment we thought we'd succeeded it would ask for some file related to Linux, exclusively (GNU isn't necessarily cross platform friendly). It appears that when you do find programs that can open .cub files, they require additional things that may or may not come on your operating system, and which can end up being just as difficult to find or expensive to attain as the Cubit program.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by undo]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corbin Dalus
your desire to open a "cub file" I downloaded the one you made available (moon latitude farside). The cub file is opened by a program called CUBIT made available through Sandia Laboratories. It requires a $300 licensing fee to download (see here:

Yup had the Sandia site from day one... and the cub files in question were the ones that they use to create the USGS Map a Planet of the moon with the color clementine images...

At the time I got the link to the cub files, neither the color clementine tiffs nor the mapper were online yet... [hence the "Press Releases" from Pegasus] We also found that the program ISIS can open them for free, but as Beth says that likes to operate on a linux platform. The thing is the cub files are several hundred megabytes in size... the biggest was 2.1 gigs... now thats big for a picture. Almost need a main frame to work with them... My image software gets mad at me when I go above 100 megs LOL

We posted all the links to those color images on the Clementine moon thread which seemed to have fizzled... (mostly because we determined the images though pretty, were virtually useless to anomalies.

Since those cub files were the images used to create the map a planet images... it seemed pointless to try to work with them.

I think I will go back and work that thread a little we never did finish creating the web pages for all those...

As a refresher and for those who still doubt Clementine took color picks here are two...

Reiner Gamma This is also one of the two major magnetic anomalies on the moon...

This image is from the farside, which happens to be the second magnetic anomaly opposite Reiner Gamma I do not recall if the location had a name [I am sure it does]

But here it is....

Now just for the heck of it I will toss in the Spider Hatchery...

This is Reiner Crater taken at .01 k/p [yes it does let you do that on some aeas
seems I neglected to mention that
]

[edit on 7-4-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I'm honored zorgon!

I am working on Zarniwoops stuff and your images of King Crater along side John's "Valley of Secrets" There is a lot in those images Its taking a while

As to this last set here, NO FAIR no links I gotta clip em all anew

[edit on 7-4-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

So you say the stars are possibly only dust... perhaps but that "dust" in that copy is only on the black portion... and it sure is a lot of dust...

They are stars.

The stars, like dust...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
They are stars.
The stars, like dust...

One of the astronauts said something like that... I have the transcript but can't find which directory I stuck it in... I will dig it out though

Or maybe some nice anonymous person will resend it to me

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I think they are dust.

They look like dust on a scanner glass and they are not only on the sky, there are some on the darker areas of the Moon.

Zorgon
What happened to your site? It's not working, at least for me.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Zorgon
What happened to your site? It's not working, at least for me.

Stupid Yahoo I go away a couple days for Easter and come back to find its down... And no service rep or live person to talk to until Monday morning...

I think I will move land of legends to globat this week... but it will be down until I can reach someone on Monday to see whats up...

But all the same Data for the Pegasus site is still at the mirror site...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

I just won't have access to the Main living Legends site... Guess I need to upload that as well to have a fully featured mirror...

No fears the MIBS DID NOT GET ME

Yet

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPI think they are dust.

Yeah I suppose those image experts just haven't a clue how to clean that scanner plate....

Yes there are obvious "dust" particles, but there are many that do not look like dust...

BUT Since you are so good an image researcher ArMaP, perhaps I can put you to a task...

What we really need is someway to distinguish what a star looks like on a negative and what a spec of dust looks like. We would need images with known dust specks and some with known star fields...

Surely there must be some difference between how a point of light records on film compared to a scanned bit of dust. If we can identify that difference, we can then reevaluate the images in question...

Until we have that reference point my saying "they are stars" and your saying "they are dust" is irrelevant

Are you up to the challenge? I trust your integrity to do this fairly

Then we would have some REAL research data for a change

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   

No fears the MIBS DID NOT GET ME

Yet

That's ok zorgon, you WILL be assimilated, whether you like it or not.
C'mon, join the Collective willingly. It's fun. We even have pizza parties every second Thursday of the month, hehe.

As for the photos missing though, can't you just host them somewhere else until they get the site back up in the next couple days? Or are they stored on the site locally? Just curious, mind you.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
As for the photos missing though, can't you just host them somewhere else until they get the site back up in the next couple days? Or are they stored on the site locally?

No you misunderstood all the Pegasus and moon files pics etc are all on the livingmoon the ones I didn't transfer are the Medieval and project stuff but they are okay being down for a day or two.

The whole website is on my local computer. I'm already uploading it to globat just got lazy and didn't expect to need it LOL

Now for a bit of news....

LIFE ON VENUS

Yeppers and it seems that NASA thinks that life on Earth started there...

And you though we were crazy? HA!

Venus seems bland. It's a featureless, cloud-covered orb about as interesting as a billiard ball. But if that same telescope is fitted with an ultraviolet filter, a mystery reveals itself. Venus' clouds are cross-crossed with fast-moving dark bands...

The bands are the mystery. Some unknown substance within them strongly absorbs UV light, accounting for almost half of the solar energy trapped by Venus. Whatever is in there, it plays a big role in maintaining Venus' hellish climate; the average temperature on the surface is about 460° Celsius. Astronomers have been studying the bands since Mariner 10 spotted them in the 1970s, but decades later no one knows the identity of the "UV absorbers." Candidates range from gaseous chlorine and sulfur compounds to alien life using UV radiation as a source of energy.

SOURCE

"There is some reason to believe Venus may have been the best haven for life in the early solar system," he said. With 900 degree Fahrenheit surface temperatures and an atmosphere permeated by carbon dioxide, chlorine and sulfuric acid clouds today, Venus seems inhospitable to "our kind of life," he said. "But we really don't know much about life -- its requirements, it's differences and how to recognize it."

It is even possbile that life on Earth may have evolved from life forms provided by Venus, Grinspoon said: "Pieces of planets were blasting off of each other all the time early in the evolution of the solar system, and microbes from Venus could easily have wound up on Earth."

While the standard scientific view is that life requires water and carbon-based molecules, it cannot really be said if that is the only chemical system that can make life, said Grinspoon, who has been studying the surface, atmosphere and clouds of Venus for 10 years through NASA-sponsored programs.

SOURCE

Soooo seems NASA thinks we are all Venusians

[edit on 9-4-2007 by zorgon]

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join