It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
That's YOUR harddrive?

Any .tif files of these?

Not that I am aware of, at least not on this site. No I have them on my hard drive but when I queue them up for download on their site it puts the requested files into that FTP link I listed above for like 24 hours then deletes them. So since I already requested all of them they are now just sitting there waiting to be copied to anyones hard drive.

Just go to the link, sort by name, set view to details and highlight all that you want. Left click and select copy to folders on your hard drive and it will copy at your maximum download capability.

Another note, these are the Highest Res of this particular mission I have ever been able to locate anywhere so I would suggest grabbing them all up! Even though they are only JPEG I'd have to say that these are so much better then the other much smaller versions that are available on the rest of the internet. An example would b of the silver tower on the edge of that crater with the black substance coming out of the bottom of it that I posted a week or so ago. It was a very low quality image and I couldnt find a btter one anywhere from any other set, as they were all the same low quality. The I stumbled across this site and they offer a whole bunch of HI RES JPEGs from sets that seem to only be low quality even on NASA, JPL and ESA websites.

~Anathema

[edit on 3/29/2007 by anathema777]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Im gonna queue up all of the AS17 images now. It should only take about 15 minutes so check the FTP link in about 20 and all the AS17 HI RES JPEGs will be available.

Undo if you want to know how to queue up and request the images yourself then this is how you do it.

Go to this link:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

In the search box on the right type in AS15-85-* just like that if you want to see all the AS15-85-xxxxx images that they have available. Then you click run query and the list of images will show up. Start at the top and click each image which will bring you to a page that gives you the option to view the LOW RES image or request the HI RES image. Click request and it will take you to a page that gives you the FTP link I supplied and tells you to wait 5 minutes before checking. Close that window and the window with the request link and view LOW RES image link. You will then be back to the list of images, just repeat the process till all images are requested then go to the FTP link and proceed to copy all the images to your hard drive. Hope this helps

I am doing all the AS17 images right now so don't worry bout those if your gonna start doing this, they will all be available in a moment.

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

***EDIT: Make sure and hit REFRESH on the FTP site or your requested files will not show up!! Took me a minute to figure out why they were not there with all the other images.***

~Anathema

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Oh I think I just found a quicker way to request a set number of images. Instead of going and clicking each link and hitting request in each one I think you can do this.

Say you want to request images AS17-137-20878 - 137-20950

All you need to do is copy the link below and change the last set of numbers to the desired requested file like -20878.JPG or -20879.JPG and keep pasting it in the window and hitting go. This has been working for me so far. Just make sure and at least request 1 image from the set the correct way so you can get a good link to copy, edit and paste.

Let me know if this method works for you as well cause it shaves off about 90% of the time needed to request all these files.

The link should looklike this if you were doing the AS17 set:

eol.jsc.nasa.gov.../highres/AS17&filename=AS17-137-20878.JPG

The next image requested by copying the link should look like this:

eol.jsc.nasa.gov.../highres/AS17&filename=AS17-137-20879.JPG

and so on.

***EDIT: Make sure and hit REFRESH on the FTP site or your requested files will not show up!! Took me a minute to figure out why they were not there with all the other images.***

~Anathema

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i'm having a blonde moment.

(have strep throat atm, and am groggy and don't feel so good)

i'm also in the middle of uploading the photojournal pngs
and they are taking up huge amounts of space on my harddrive.
i need to finish that, and delete them off my harddrive, before
downloading any new images.

how long will these be available and can i just go to the first link
you gave and download them without all that other stuff you said?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yep, if you wanna just download stuff ater I request it then thats absolutly fine. Everything I have queued up at the FTP like should only take you about 15 minutes to download with a 8 mbit connection. Make sure and select only the files you want cause stuff others requested are posted there also, just sort by name and set the view to details by right clicking the screen.

Let me know if ya need anything else queued up in particular. All the AS17's are there no, AS15's and AS16's.

~Anathema

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
anything apollo or older is good.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If you could post the mission labels such as AS17-138, AS17-146 then I can request them all up and let ya know. I have like 4-5 full sets queued there right now. I will post the exact labels as soon as Im done with the set Im working on.

EDIT:

Alright at the link below I have the following picture sets posted and ready for anyone to download all at once or whatever images they wish to get individually.

AS17-146-22289 - AS17-146-22450

AS17-145-22133 - AS17-145-22288

AS17-137-20866 - AS17-137-21027

AS16-121-19345 - AS16-121-19457

AS15-85-11353 - AS15-85-11529

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

I am working on getting more sets posted and downloaded to my Hard Drive for safe keeping! Just post a question if you need any help navigating the FTP page I linked above or have any questions or requests for sets.

~Anathema

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
well "A" is for Apollo. 17 is for Apollo 17.

so anything that starts with "AS" and whatever number up to 17. "AS17"=Apollo 17

before that is lunar orbiter which is "LO"

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

well "A" is for Apollo. 17 is for Apollo 17.

so anything that starts with "AS" and whatever number up to 17. "AS17"=Apollo 17

before that is lunar orbiter which is "LO"

I finally busted my new camera out tonight (Canon S3-IS) and decided to get some help tweeking the settings here at ATS and taking some pictures of the moon unassisted by a telescope (though Im planning on getting a nice one in the coming days with the help of you guys as to picking a good one out for the job).

Heres a link to the thread (which I posted in the John Lear Conspiracy Master Forum cause this is where I do 95% of my ATS work).

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.abovetopsecret.com...

Undo, John, Ron.... let me know what you think of these as I progress and take better pictures
Anyone else who has something to say or an opinion to share about my Moon pictures is more then welcome and encouraged to chime in as well!

~Anathema

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This is freakin NUTS! I just went to continue requesting pictures from the FTP eol.jsc.nasa.gov... and guess what it just said when I hit the "done" button on the search results page?

"Hacking Detected"

OMFG.

I'm freaking out now. So is this what happens when you try and download a bunch of NASA's Apollo mission photos for anomalie searching, I get cut off for "Hacking Detected"?

I need some quick advice for what to do cause if there stupid ass servers really documented that I am hacking somehow then Im probably gonna get a visit from some undesirables. I swear I don't know what the hell it is I could have done? All I have been doing is requesting each photo of HI RES quality from each Apollo set, one set at a time.

Edit: Well it let me back on the site, but I'm not quite sure that's a good thing though. Guess Ill just have to sit back and wait to see. I'm hoping that it was just one of those internal server errors where you click a query button and it thinks your doing something wrong or detects some script running (incorrectly of course) and just routes you to a generic page with a "Hacking Detected" message.

It really makes me wonder if anyone is watching what we are trying to accomplish here and is trying to interfere? If thats the case that just lets me know that Im getting closer to I don't know what...hopefully something good.

I am clueless, anyone had something like this happen before?

~Anathema

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hmm. Well I'm still uploading the photojournal pngs, have developed laryngitis and have a radio interview tonight, (i suppose my listeners will be impressed, think i better email my guest a list of questions and let him solo it mostly.

anyway, tonight's show on Ancient Future Radio is about ancient texts and civilizations, specifically, ancient Egypt. The guest is Peter Goodgame, an author of several books on similar topics.

Ancient Future Radio 9pm Pacific, 11pm Central, 12am Eastern
www.thestargates.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
anathema,

Well, now you've got me worried. Hopefully, everything's alright?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Still no sign from anathema?

Anybody heard from him?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Everything is fine...I hope. I sent them an email explaining what happened and am awaiting a reply.

That freaked me out big time.

I want to listen to your show, do I just go to the website to hear it Undo?

~Anathema

[edit on 3/30/2007 by anathema777]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
the link for the show is at the bottom of each article on the site.
it's a blog talk radio show. my voice is sitill pretty messed up from
the laryngitis so if you can't understand me, i apologize in advance.

it may not transpire if the guest doesn't show up, as he hasn't responded
to my emails today, which were remniding him of the show time and givnig
him further instructions. if he can't be there or isn't there i won't do the show
since i can barely talk anyway.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well I will listen if theres something to be heard
Hopeyour voice gets better, I think Im gonna start requesting images again on the eol site.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm gonna hit the "rewind" button and go back to the subject of Tsiolkovsky crater (pages sixty-something of this thread), because I just found a nice hi-res pic of LO3-121-H1 today

closer...

closer...

What the heck is THAT

EDIT: Forgot to add the source...

astrogeology.usgs.gov...

file is "3121_h1_raw"... download the 17mb gzip.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This one is really interesting. Looking at it in paintshop,
it has some very unusual items in it, such as something
that looks like pillars, 2 domes that are easy to see, a
group of three things that are hard to make out, a couple
things that look like tubes or streams of smoke/steam. interesting.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by undo]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

This one is really interesting. Looking at it in paintshop,
it has some very unusual items in it, such as something
that looks like pillars, 2 domes that are easy to see, a
group of three things that are hard to make out, a couple
things that look like tubes or streams of smoke/steam. interesting.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by undo]

oooh. I'm just using Windows Picture and Fax view to zoom in, then pasting into Paint.

When/if you have a chance, I'd love to see those other things you're seeing in PSP.

Have fun on your show tonight

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anathema777
Well I will listen if theres something to be heard
Hopeyour voice gets better, I think Im gonna start requesting images again on the eol site.

It should be O-K, they say security just keeps honest people honest. If you were seen as a real threat I guarantee you would not be talking to us right now.

But then, why the dramatics? That is a question which needs answering.

Undo, swallow some honey.

new topics

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join