It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeviouS

Originally posted by SteveR
www.swgc.mun.ca...

Now that is something interesting!! What a fantastic pic!!
What has caused those squiggly lines??
Water erosion? Moon-Quake? Land-slide?

No idea, maybe Mr Lear can tell us.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

*sigh* the point is you can't see it clearly. Read that again, a quarter the diameter of Earth. I don't see no cities or buildings looking at a continent for example, from orbit - and that's much closer than your going to see the moon.

*sigh*
these pics are takin like, 49 km or so away (I forget what the exact distance was, somewhere in the first posts of the thread), not 220k miles. from 49 miles, you can very easily see dots of buildings with Google Earth. Looking at these images, there is nothing that resembles artificial manipulation of the terrain.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thats some damn good eyesight you've got there. You can see dots of buildings from over 161,000 feet in the air? Thats a very large distance away so I think it would be very hard to distinguish every little detail in these pictures..

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

No one else sees my floating sphere????
and I thought I found a ufo

[edit on 9-19-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
20/10, thank you very much. and again, run Google Earth, go over to philadelphia, and take a look at it at around 44 mi in the air. tell me you can notice some artificial stuff

Edit: and by the way, I looked up the distance of the spacecraft to the moon, and it was roughly 46 kilometers, which is around 28.5 miles.

[edit on 19/9/06 by Mouth]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

No one else sees my floating sphere????
and I thought I found a ufo

[edit on 9-19-2006 by worldwatcher]

Yes I see your sphere
I have found several myself with shadows, but they get ignored too.

[edit] HEY those arrows weren't there a minute ago

Here is one from copernicus 1... perfect round sphere with a visible "bump"... perfect round shadow to match... if ya can't see THIS one, you need glasses LOL [right of the 63]

[edit on 19-9-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
20/10, thank you very much. and again, run Google Earth, go over to philadelphia, and take a look at it at around 44 mi in the air. tell me you can notice some artificial stuff

Firstly I was responding to your comment about "unable to hide things from amateur astronomers." Second, please don't use google Earth to judge altitudes.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Okay class one last time... for all those who NEVER look back at previous posts....

This is a strip mine on Earth! Distance 32 miles... show me the clear buildings and roadways... Notice the terraces...

This is a meteor crater on Earth! Notice the radiating debris pattern and the raised rim... Notice there are no terraces even though we have weather erosion on Earth, unlike the moon...

This is a group of Craters on Mars... same as Earth one... no terraces and there is erosion on Mars...

This is Gusev Crater on the Moon... same pattern as the other planets...

Now this is the area in question... THIS looks like a normal Crater HOW? Terraces both flat and at an angle meeting the next level, piles of debris, series of receding steps on the right hand side...

Normal crater indeed!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nice summary Zorgon,

Now we just have to find if there is any other anomalies. From what Mr. Lear originally said, there was no doctoring of the first 4 photos, but things that were in those are missing in the 5th photo. 5th photo is an overhead photo of the first 4 (in case anyone didn't know
)

I wish I had better software than Windows Picture Viewer and Microsoft Paint..

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
About the "box"

This is an ore refinery on Earth... I would expect to fine such a structure on the top level in a mine...

This is the object in the lunar crater...

Not all that hard to see the similarity

Just to show you state of the art photography from space... forget google earth...
Try Space Imaging a private company...

Here is a picture of tsangpo river gorge that was purchased [20 images $48,000.00] These images were used in the hunt for Shangri-la
You can get high res stuff, just ain't free

Here is the free sample high res image.. patience its a long download takes four passes... Remember that the moon photos we are looking at are from the sixties... film grain was not so great back then and there was no digital yet...

HIGH RES 1 Meter Resolution Image Here

Article is here below...

IKONOS Satelite 280 miles in Space

[edit on 19-9-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchEngine
I wish I had better software than Windows Picture Viewer and Microsoft Paint..

Do a search for Paint Shop Pro... you can find older versions online for free... you can get the latest version free for 30 days...

It uses ALL adobe photoshop filters and plugins...

It has a clone brush that is awesome... touch up photos with clones bits from the same picture... impossible to tell touch up LOL as there is no density difference...

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
this thread is an excellent example of how people see what they want to see.

if I posted pics of a wheat field, someone would find a crop circle.

what, exactly, is worth mining on the moon ?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Zorgon,

Thanks for the info, off to search...

Syrinx high priest,

Helium3 would be a good place to start, as was mentioned earlier.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
About the "box"

This is an ore refinery on Earth... I would expect to fine such a structure on the top level in a mine...

This is the object in the lunar crater...

Not all that hard to see the similarity

Sorry... but the black dots are just shadows, I see no objects there.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

(And a great big object that looks a bit like a capital "J" on the side of the hill.)

The "J" is a fiber on the negative or the scan, just like the one to the left of the "J". Very dirty pictures actually, but then they are from 1966...

Originally posted by johnlear
Hmmmm. And I wonder what those white triangle-shaped objects are just above?

Do you mean THIS triangle?

The one that obviously looks like a "saucer"

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Great spotting. If you look above the double rim, there is a dome shape.

But it's kinda on the first picture only. The second picture's JPEG compression blurs it out.

Edit: Here..

[edit on 19/9/06 by SteveR]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yeah I keep forgetting to set my editor to more than default 72 pixels/inch... but I still found it LOL... Maybe someone will make a clearer copy

I'm gonna hunt the second one... I recall John said there were two?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Did anyone notice this odd rock formation in copernicus 1.

Knida looks like a profile of a human face, or is it just me?

[edit on 20-9-2006 by chris01621]

[edit on 20-9-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I'm late to this deal, and haven't got to read the full thread, so if I'm pointing out something already discussed - please forgive me.

What about the thing that looks like a little dude peeking over the ridge just to the left of dead center in Copernicus2?

I've called this zoomed crop...peekaboo!

Kinda freaky!

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
spooky find val

I still think my floating orb is pretty cool, even looks like it's in movement to me...

(go back a page or two to see it)

[edit on 9-20-2006 by worldwatcher]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join