It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
This is not the only rolling rock. To the right of the big boulder there is a smaller one (see picture c in this )pdf document

Yup and if you look back at the first time we posted the rolling rocks you will see we detailed that too
(I reposted it at the bottom.

Thanks for the .pdf though I had it on the disk but hadn't found it yet. There are thousands of .pdfs there LOL

But take a look on the location of the "big rock" as they detail it. You will see that it is in fact moving UP from the crater floor, up the white central peak. Its funny how they miss that detail in the report, yet state the white area is the central peak....

Here is the smaller one... same cross hatched track, this one makes an "S" shaped path avoiding a few craters as it goes... just look closely at the terrain in the one below... compare it to the bigger image... you can clearly see dips and rises in the terrain that this "rock" goes through...

And please open these in a photo editor, not just the browser and study them a little...

I have a real interesting one that I have been saving for some time... I think you guys and gals will love this one
I will post it in a few days so as not to bury the "roving rocks" again.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is one I found very out of the ordinary. Looks like some kind of non-natural formations.

It is what I called the three way comparison of possible facility.

Howdy Zorgon.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Again, this rock is merely following the topography as it rolls; yes, DOWNHILL, it is following dips and ridges that make it look like an 'S' curve trail.

You know, I want to see phenomenon just as much as the next guy, but these rocks can be easily explained. The reasons these rocks are moving; gravity.

In the enthusiasm to want to believe, the evidence to explain is overlooked, perhaps simply because people want to believe it's phenomena and are willing to bypass the obvious explanation.

Blinded by hope.

The other pics are interesting, but I don't buy the mystery of the rolling rocks, sorry.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here is one of the 25 photos that Zond 3 took on July 20, 1965. The black splotch in the lower right is Mare Orientale. The circular object in the lower left is part of the Zond 3 spacecraft:

Here is the same photo but with circles around possible artifacts:

In the lower right hand corner of this picture is some sort of structure located on the horizon. Here is an enlargement. I estimate this structure to be 40 miles at the base and 13 miles high. I can see 3 cylindrical tank like objects on the left all of different heights. On the right of the structure is what appears to be a huge arch. I estimate the arch to be 13 miles wide at the base and 10 miles high:

Its possible that the black Mare to the right of Mare Orientale almost to the horizon is Grimaldi. If it is Grimaldi then the structure with the tanks and arch should be in the vicinity of Cruger.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Nice picture Mr Lear.
Russian picts of the moon are difficult to find on the net. It would be interesting to compare those pictures with those of apollo.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Nice images ArMap

They are so dark I can't see anything

I said I only had converted them to GIF, I don't like to change the original images.

About the "walking boulder", did you noticed that there are at least 4 "walking boulders" in that 16MB image?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have a question regarding the larger wandering rock and the track it has made. Hopefully someone can help me understand. If the rock was moving up and down elevations in the terrain, would it not pick up some speed, causing sections of the track to make less of an impression in the ground? Because, to me, the tracks look very consistant regarding depth.

Also, the depths of the track look like the rock moved through a very moist landscape, almost kinda muddy.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

This is not the only rolling rock. To the right of the big boulder there is a smaller one (see picture c in this )pdf document

Yup and if you look back at the first time we posted the rolling rocks you will see we detailed that too
(I reposted it at the bottom.

Thanks for the .pdf though I had it on the disk but hadn't found it yet. There are thousands of .pdfs there LOL

But take a look on the location of the "big rock" as they detail it. You will see that it is in fact moving UP from the crater floor, up the white central peak. Its funny how they miss that detail in the report, yet state the white area is the central peak....

Here is the smaller one... same cross hatched track, this one makes an "S" shaped path avoiding a few craters as it goes... just look closely at the terrain in the one below... compare it to the bigger image... you can clearly see dips and rises in the terrain that this "rock" goes through...

And please open these in a photo editor, not just the browser and study them a little...

I have a real interesting one that I have been saving for some time... I think you guys and gals will love this one
I will post it in a few days so as not to bury the "roving rocks" again.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by zorgon]

Zorgon, I could not resist saying Rock and Roll. LOL Very interesting this Rock and Roll could this be a round vehicle like a ball. We are talking Moonbies way ahead in technology just a thought. If it is a rock it could be similar to volcanic ash very light weight compared to solid rock. With less gravity and a little wind or magnetic push who knows. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Very very impressive photo. John, what is your questimation in miles to the altitude of Zond 3 from the Moon? My quess is 200 to 250 miles above surface. This photo is very complex because of the massive verticle and horizontal structures. This will take me time to analyse what I am seeing. This will be fun. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Very very impressive photo. John, what is your questimation in miles to the altitude of Zond 3 from the Moon? My quess is 200 to 250 miles above surface. This photo is very complex because of the massive verticle and horizontal structures. This will take me time to analyse what I am seeing. This will be fun. Rik Riley

NSSDC data Zond 3
Zond 3 was launched from a Tyazheliy Sputnik (65-056B) earth orbiting platform towards the moon and interplanetary space. The spacecraft was equipped with an f106 mm camera and TV system that provided automatic inflight film processing. On July 20 lunar flyby occurred approximately 33 hours after launch at a closest approach of 9200 km. 25 pictures of very good quality were taken of the lunar farside from distances of 11,570 to 9960 km (7,231 miles to 6,225 miles) over a period of 68 minutes. The photos covered 19,000,000 square km of the lunar surface. Photo transmissions by facsimile were returned to earth from a distance of 2,200,000 km and were retransmitted from a distance of 31,500,000 km (some signals still being transmitted from the distance of the orbit of Mars), thus proving the ability of the communications system. After the lunar flyby, Zond 3 continued space exploration in a heliocentric orbit.

You can Google Zond 3 for more info.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Nice to see the wandering rocks getting some attention. The same thing happens here on Earth.

On John Lear's Zond3 picture, the bit on the lower right horizon seems like spewing ejecta to me. Is that possible?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
John, I just had to wikipedia you to see what it said....

John Lear, now retired from flying, amassed over 19,000 hours of flight time, and has flown in over 100 different types of airplanes in 60 different countries around the world. He flew both commercially and in missions worldwide for the CIA. John Lear is the only pilot to hold every airman certificate issued by the FAA, and has held many world records

Impressive background you have!
WOW

hearing what you have to say here about these anomalies on the surface of the moon has been interesting. Thanks for being open and outspoken about what you believe.

Oh and the part that said..

Most recently John Lear has become a regular posting member on the conspiracy based discussion forums fantasticforum.com (Coast to Coast AM discussion forum), and Abovetopsecret.com where his Moon Photo Anomalies discussion thread has become very popular

Was funny to me because I realized this thread is actually in the Wikipedia.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by papajake
I have a question regarding the larger wandering rock and the track it has made. Hopefully someone can help me understand. If the rock was moving up and down elevations in the terrain, would it not pick up some speed, causing sections of the track to make less of an impression in the ground?...

Indeed, that is the case IMO, if you look at the mountain; the grooves the rock made are in fact deeper, because rolling down a bumpy hill, the rock would impact harder causing deeper depressions, as it moves to the valley the trail thins out as the rock is no longer bouncing and comes to a stop.
Look at the trail, you will see what I mean.
This rock does go uphill, after of course rolling down a steep crater wall first.

John, that object at the lower right on the moon pic, it looks to me like a halfpipe, but it could be a dome, those are two shapes that would be very easy to build on a place like the moon. You could unravel a tube (like an accordion), or blow up a bubble dome.
Those shapes make logical sense to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
On John Lear's Zond3 picture, the bit on the lower right horizon seems like spewing ejecta to me. Is that possible?

No, sorry. I got to this one before NASA did.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Just because these images are really cool...

When Things go wrong

Explanation will follow soon

[edit on 22-2-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Russian picts of the moon are difficult to find on the net.

Almost impossible actually... so are the ones of Venus... They took hundreds yet I only found a couple...

Russian Venera Images

Now then Loofo did you read that PDF file you posted?...

Let me point out a few items for the public... If this don't raise your blood temperature I would see a doctor

Statement 1
"Ground resolutions range from 1-5 meters/pixel for the HR camera, and 10-40 meters/pixel for the MR camera"

This bears up to the manufacturer's description of available resolution...

Statement 2
"A 60 meters/pixel mosaic will be accessible through the Astrogeology/Planetary Data System web tool...

Statement 3
"Raw frame construction is complete and was accomplished using ISIS [8-10] and procedures developed by the global project. We have scanned, archived and constructed 164 VHR frames, falling within 27 sites and comprising ~20% of the available LO III and V low altitude imagery of the moon."

Statement 4
"A cosmetic procedure which aesthetically enhances the VHR dataset while preserving detailed features is being developed and will be applied to all frames. The white synchronization marks found along the sides of individual LO film strips are distracting and limit the quality of the imagery. Removing these elements and smoothing the data with a Gaussian-type filter will offer a clearer view of the Moon with a minimal degree of compromise to the integrity of the data. Every effort is being made to preserve small features situated in close proximity to the synchronization lines, but complete preservation of these features can not be guaranteed. Cosmetically enhanced products will also be made available online."

So a 1 meter/pixel was the resolution taken, but we will only get access to 60 meters/pixel and only be able to see 20% of the images... Only from LO III and LO V, not LO I, LO II or LO IV. Wonder who decides which ones we can look at? Oh and they will ALL be "Cosmetically Enhanced"

But they say it won't effect the data, well not much anyway...:bash:

Great Find Loofo

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Okay Class... lets study a little Lunar Topography...

he Area in question... VITELLO CRATER

Welcome to Vitello Crater. Home of the Famous "Wandering Boulders"

The above photo is a clip from vhr_5168_med_raw.tiff, a 12 megabyte file. There has been a lot of controversy over the direction of travel of the supposed "rolling rocks" so we will attempt to clear this up... The image below is the first step... locating the area in question within the crater.

The white shape in the center of the image is the Central Mountain Range within the crater. The sketch earlier in this page will show you the orientation. The dark area above the Mountains is the crater floor. As the angle of the Sun is low in this image, the crater floor is dark, while the peaks are still in sunlight.

Below is a zoom in on the little yellow box from the above image.

This image is clipped from lo5_h168_2.tiff. The labels demonstrate the high and low points in the terrain. Below we zoom in a little closer still...

This image clearly shows that the boulder starts on the FLOOR of the crater, crosses over a fairly hefty ridge, then continues UPHILL, avoiding rolling down into the obvious depression that it's tall shadow is pointing to. Below is the final closeup, showing labels detailing all the gullies and ridges that the two main "boulders" cross with there strange looking tread pattern. For all you anomaly hunters check out the area in the blue boxes...

Vitello Crater is full of other anomalies and has long been associated with Transient Lunar Phenomenon as well...

But for now the only important point is that the main two "boulders", one the size of a house, are moving UPHILL

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Here are some other Soviet Moon pictures with a set of zond 3, but they seem not as sharp as the one posted by J.Lear.
I have now some problems to reconnect to this interesting site. (no more)

This one is nice

[edit on 22-2-2007 by looofo]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
WOW 100 pages, guess I missed some.

The MOON really is made out of green cheese.
Who the heck knew that back in 1800s or whenever that
started. Would it be possible to see green on the moon in a
telescope. Thats all they had back then.

You got the green color back. Don't tell me its some sort of camera
malfunction.

The surface looks quite rocky. Was there ever a remote controlled
moon digger. I would think the shovel would break on that hard surface.

Just call me Mr. Questions.

Thats a bright spot of ball lightning ufo perhaps and flu there, so the
tread marks are generated by wake it makes.

[edit on 2/22/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The shadows in the top right area of the photo clearly shows valleys that are dark because they are surrounded by mountains.
What you call a mountain slope is actually a slightly elevated mountain range valley.
The mountains as I identify them are somewhat peaked and acute in shape and jagged and they are lit up by the sun, indicating raised areas. The dark areas are dark because mountains cast shadows, not necessarily because the whole area is a valley.

This boulder is not rolling from a valley to a mountain top!
It is obeying gravity, a close examination of the photo in question makes that blatently obvious.

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join