It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the ground will shake soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I was told by a little girl who will be 3 soon that the ground will shake, my house will break, my roof will break and my couch will break really soon.

Just thought I would share.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Where exactly do you live? Was it just your house or what?

Has she been watching too much of the History Channel/Discovery Channel. they are airing a lot of these mega disastor shows lately.

Rather odd for a 3 year old. Hope she's just precocious.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
In Missouri.

No the only thing she will watch on tv is Dora. lol.

I hope she is just precocious too, but.......considering her family, I dont know.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
kids speak straight from the spiritual side sometimes and when they say something like this you should take it seriously. Put anything that might fall off shelves somewhere safe. It sounds like a quake will hit and you will suffer loss of some items

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
No, I think she must have seen a show recently talking about how star Jones and Monique have become spokespersons for a national trampoline chain. She was just exaggerating the size of the tremors it would cause with those two jumping.

Im sure it wont be more than 2-3.5 magnitude, depending on which area youre living in.

But seriously....that is strange. Maybe she was just getting some doomsday prophecy information confused. That happened a lot to me when I was her age, coming from a southern baptist family. They had me scared to death, thinking all kinds of freakish things. Ugh........

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, Missouri *is* riddled with fault lines. New Madrid is the most well known, but there are hundreds of others across Missouri, Illinois, Tennesee, Kentucky and Arkansas.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
the ground will shake

It could happen I suppose.

my house will break, my roof will break

Simple laws of thermodynamics. Or maybe you should be putting a soaker hose around your foundation if the weather has been really dry.

and my couch will break really soon.

Happened to me once when my parents were visiting. My dad sat on the couch, and *crack* a board inside the couch gave way. I guess it couldn't bear the load. Nothing really spooky here, but if the little girl tells you about other children that are living in the corn fields nearby, then be very afraid.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
but if the little girl tells you about other children that are living in the corn fields nearby, then be very afraid.

OMG I cant believe you went there!

*shivers* that was a creepy movie ooo *shivers* again.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
my couch will break really soon.

I made that prediction that one night my aunt came over...

new topics

top topics

join