How long before the goverment cracks??

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I was thinking the other day that a few years ago the goverment US/UK didnt have the problems of conspiracy theorists being heard until the internet really took off. Now it is possible for any person on the planet to conduct their own investigation with so much information.

With subjects such as Moon landings, 9/11, UFOs and alien contact i feel the goverments must really be feeling the heat on the back of their collar. Their lies and "Official" stories can be debunked within hours of being released.

I feel the heat is getting too hot lately and something is going to blow soon there is too many subjects now that are being pushed in front of them to deny yet so many questions remain unanswered.

It can only last so long before it happens and i feel the internet and people like ourselves are the reason for this

What do you think??

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I disagree with you, in a good-natured sort of way.

When Kennedy was shot, a HUGE amount of conspiracy theorizing went on in America's newspaper editorial pages. Same with the moon flights.

Then Nixon de-monetized the currency.

Watergate and Vietnam after massacres at mai lai, et all, were nearly as big.

If the government could stand those direct assaults on credibility, they'll be just fine, thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
yes i see what your saying but we all know the press are not to be trusted.

What im saying is not that there was never any conspiracys only that now the voice and opinion of the people is overwhelming due to the internet and sites such as this. Its harder for the goverments to cover things up now as it was 40 or 50 years ago due to the technology and information on hand to the general public

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Although there is pressure building on the government, without any substantial evidence which cannot be debunked by 'experts',the government are the ones who hold power and can manipulate the media and the majority of the public to believe what they want them to believe. Your never get enough people to believe strongly enough that 9-11 was an inside job and do something about it becasue people have it to easy.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

... people have it to easy.

Maybe. But according to the IMF, that's about to change...

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is on again about a global crash - saying the risk of a global crash is increasing. "The IMF highlighted five major risks, all but one of which can be attributed to a greater or lesser extent to the economy and foreign policies of the US administration."

Financial markets have failed to price in the risk that any one of a host of threats to economic stability could materialise and deliver a massive shock to the world economy, the International Monetary Fund warned yesterday. ...The world's chief financial watchdog said the financial system had so far proved resilient in the face of recent price falls but warned the risk of a crash had increased. And when it comes to worrying about a crash in the financial markets that could deliver a body blow to the world economy, it seems that all roads lead to the US.

The IMF highlighted five major risks, all but one of which can be attributed to a greater or lesser extent to the economy and foreign policies of the US administration.
Not that the politically savvy IMF phrases it exactly like that. ...Its message coincided with a stark warning from HSBC, one of the world's largest investment banks, that it had put the US on alert for "recession risk".

Other dangers included: ...A mutation in the avian flu virus that would lead to a "sharp decline in economic activity". ..."In these circumstances it is reasonable to wonder whether financial markets might react to less favourable developments in a way that would amplify - rather than dampen - the emerging risks." The trigger for a shock to asset prices can come out of the blue, perhaps a natural disaster or a health epidemic such as bird flu. ...The IMF reiterated its fears that an outbreak would reduce investors' appetite for risky investments, cut capital flows between companies and weaken financial systems as absenteeism rose.

IMF: risk of global crash is increasing

Maybe we're about to experience a reality check.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've given this some considerable thought over the years, and I think it's a good topic. And I've come to the conclusion it's a "white noise" effect due to the fact that there are "too many subjects" and unanswered questions. Even the things that are dragged into the light and concluded, like Enron or Worldcom or Watergate or.... the reaction is "Yeah, business and/or the government is corrupt. >yawn< what else is new?"

Most of the corruption/conspiracy stuff takes a great deal of background knowledge to even comprehend, and as much as I love ATS, it only scratches the surface and in some morbidly ironic ways, even adds to the "white noise". Where does the focus belong? Realpolitik? The FED? Medical conspiracy? The list is overwhelming. Joe Stalin once said, "One death is a tragedy. A million is a statistic." Horrors (like conspiracies) in general eventually become so pervasive people just shut down to them. And at the end of the day, the awareness and overall realization of helplessness can serve only to increase your misery, because not much gets accomplished.

There once was a notion that the media served as a "Fourth Estate" to hold business and government in check. I'm not so sure it was ever as noble as it's been romanticised to be, but I do think with the media being consolidated and controlled by an ever smaller group conglomerates, it's worse than it's ever been.

The Internet may yet prove to be the fulcrum, but at this point, who do you trust on the Internet? It's just more white noise.

And on that cheery note...
Press on.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

There once was a notion that the media served as a "Fourth Estate" to hold business and government in check. I'm not so sure it was ever as noble as it's been romanticised to be, but I do think with the media being consolidated and controlled by an ever smaller group conglomerates, it's worse than it's ever been.

The Internet may yet prove to be the fulcrum, but at this point, who do you trust on the Internet? It's just more white noise.

Perhaps the Internet - and sites like ATS - are the "Fifth Estate?"

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yes, alternative news outlets are classified as a "Fifth Estate". In fact- the Fifth Estate periodical specifically has been around for over 30 years.

Progress? I don't know. The PTB are holding all the cards and it's going to take a cataclysmic event to shake things up significantly, I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, it hasn't cracked yet.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
With subjects such as Moon landings, 9/11, UFOs and alien contact i feel the goverments must really be feeling the heat on the back of their collar. Their lies and "Official" stories can be debunked within hours of being released.

I won´t debate the validity of your claims about the moon landing etc.

What I WILL say is that only the conspiracy theorists feel that "pressure" because these topics are only discussed in conspiracy groups and forums.

The rest of the world is perfectly happy with the moon landing, the official 9/11 story and the governments position on alien contact.

That is why this pressure is not an objective reality, but your subjective one as you see the world through "conspiracy goggles".

Sad but true.

top topics

join