It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons test on Civillians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have seen and tested this weapon in Iraq. When I say tested, I actually stood in front of it. It does nothing but vibrate water molecules in your skin, and probably other places. It heats your skin up, and stings a little bit like a sun burn. It made me want to move out of the way, and I did. After that, there were no burn marks, and I felt fine.

I think the O.P's source is just asking to use it on Americans, so that they can see for them self that its not as bad as people think. So they can stop complaining about the testing over sea's.

Also, someone said in NY on 911 they had these weapons present. I think you are wrong, I think you are mistaking those weapons for the "long range acoustic device", or LRAD.

dsc.discovery.com...

They can use a really loud, annoying sound directed at you to make you move, or they can use it as a loud speaker and give orders to people hundreds of feet and miles away. This is a directed sound instrument, meaning only the people in front of it can really hear it. The people around it or standing to the side of it can only hear it because some of the sound waves are bouncing off of the surrounding walls and objects.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVANIt does nothing but vibrate water molecules in your skin, and probably other places.

If I'm pressed against a hot object, it would do nothing but "vibrate water molecules in my skin", however, this (a) can be too painful (b) can damage skin (c) can affect internal organs.

I'm only speculating, but the weapon was tested on you at a pretty low setting... A small sting would simply be ineffective in crowd control, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think I remember the operator saying that the effects are generally only skin deep, and not powerful enough to penetrate to the organs. Also, it takes about 2 to 3 seconds to feel the burning, and anything longer than 5 seconds will hurt. But this weapon is not miss used, it is only turned on and off for very short periods of time to prevent damage. The only concerns were metal objects being heated, and contact lenses which are water based being in your eyes. I think to this day, they have not tested on a human wearing contact lenses.

Also, when I tested it, it was on a "normal" setting.

Many people on this thread are saying they need to test it on our soldiers and the creators, well, they HAVE, and they have tested it on civilians who volunteered back in 2005.

This is NOT new technology, its been around for a while, and tested many times.

Just search for "Active Denial System" (ADS). You will see..

This is good info..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVANThe only concerns were metal objects being heated, and contact lenses which are water based being in your eyes. I think to this day, they have not tested on a human wearing contact lenses.

How about people like myself who have surgical steel implants weighng nearly 5 pounds as well as metal fillings in teeth?

The vid presented early in this thread talked about faces being burnt but the bodies left without any visible trauma.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
How about people like myself who have surgical steel implants weighng nearly 5 pounds as well as metal fillings in teeth?

The vid presented early in this thread talked about faces being burnt but the bodies left without any visible trauma.

The ADS system is not powerful enough to even penetrate your skin. You don't have to worry about implants or body organs. As for fillings in your teeth, I think your teeth have dealt with more hot things than this weapon. For instance, coffee, is way more hot than this weapon will ever get your skin, or teeth fillings.

- the military says the effect "penetrates the skin to a depth of less than 1/64 of an inch."

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
it doesnt "vibrate" the water molecules in your skin, who told you that? It spins the water molecules, causing them to heat up. This is the way your microwave cooks food too. It uses the polarity of the water molecule to spin it, and as it spins it causes friction, thus heat. problem is it damages the water molecule and those around it. The rapid spinning causes damage to the molecules. Thats why microwaved foods are no good, it destroys and actually mutates molecules.

Overall microwaves are no good, especially not good for a weapon, health wise at least.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
it doesnt "vibrate" the water molecules in your skin, who told you that? It spins the water molecules, causing them to heat up. This is the way your microwave cooks food too. It uses the polarity of the water molecule to spin it, and as it spins it causes friction, thus heat. problem is it damages the water molecule and those around it. The rapid spinning causes damage to the molecules. Thats why microwaved foods are no good, it destroys and actually mutates molecules.

Overall microwaves are no good, especially not good for a weapon, health wise at least.

Actually, common sense told me that... You are semi correct, and semi wrong. The heat is not created because of the "spinning", it is created because the spinning molecules are hitting OTHER spinning molecules around it. So tell me smart guy, what happens when you have 1000's of spinning molecules hitting each other? They all vibrate.

vi·brate
v. vi·brat·ed, vi·brat·ing, vi·brates
v. intr.

1. To move back and forth or to and fro, especially rhythmically and rapidly. See Synonyms at swing.
2. To feel a quiver of emotion.
3. To shake or move with or as if with a slight quivering or trembling motion: “Even as the film moved... to the more deadly fields of Vietnam, old hatreds vibrated in me” (Loudon Wainwright).
4. To produce a sound; resonate.
5. To fluctuate or waver in making choices; vacillate.

v. tr.

1. To cause to tremble or quiver.
2. To cause to move back and forth rapidly.
3. To produce (sound) by vibration.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
yes but you made it sound as if microwaves just kind of shake them around. not spinning them like a car engine has rpms. But they arent technically vibrating, they are moving and hitting eachother.

theres a difference between vibrating and just moving hitting eachother. molecules aren't in a fixed spot, so they cant really vibrate, they are moving around and spinning, causing them to move alot faster, hitting harder, more damage.

I think you just used a very bad term is all. They are moving to begin with, just not at damaging speeds, which microwaves cause damaging speeds by spinning the molecule. Still its not vibrating, its moving at a high speed, bouncing off of whatever it hits.

what im saying is by your definition, they are already vibrating, which is why I said it was such a bad term.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The vibrator on my cell phone, spins.

When you have a bunch of water molecules hitting each other, they don't just magically pass through one another, they bounce off of each other, and kind of rebound back into place. These collisions are creating a type of vibration within the water.

Anyway, it wasn't my intention to get into details, nor try to be scientifically correct. I could have said "this device spins the water molecules and while spinning they hit other water molecules and create heat blah blah blah", but, I went the simple laymen's term way and simply said "vibrate".

Next time, I guess ill bore people with detail.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
your assuming that the molecules are that tightly packed. Were talking a liquid, not a solid. Also many people on this site can take the detail, makes them more informed, alot of people on this site are pretty bright people.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
your assuming that the molecules are that tightly packed. Were talking a liquid, not a solid. Also many people on this site can take the detail, makes them more informed, alot of people on this site are pretty bright people.

I'm not assuming anything. I know what I know, which is a lot.

The term "vibrate" was a perfect word to use in this situation, and you had to be the "smart guy" to correct something that didn't need to be corrected.

Anyway, moving on...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
From what I have gathered, I think vibrate is the perfect word. I still wanna try it out. Lately when I run my flesh under very hot water it just feels good. It does not even scald. I wanna go a step further now and see if this ray-gun will bring my flesh pleasure?

Will it LAES YVAN ?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I wanna go a step further now and see if this ray-gun will bring my flesh pleasure?

Will it LAES YVAN ?

No, it wont bring any pleasure. Unless you find burning your skin pleasing. In that case you are better off with Pepper Spray / Mace.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
ahaha, yea. Well does this thing have like a broad range of effect? I dont mean like how far out it can hit someone. More like, can the thing spread out and encompass an entire crowd?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
ahaha, yea. Well does this thing have like a broad range of effect? I dont mean like how far out it can hit someone. More like, can the thing spread out and encompass an entire crowd?

It is a directed energy device, it will effect the area it is pointed at. Much like a huge spotlight you see from a police helicopter. Anything in this beam of energy will feel the effects. Within seconds of leaving the beam everything returns to normal. The size of the devices transmitter will decide how wide of area it can effect. The device can turn left and right, and pivot up and down, so if needed, you can effect a large crowed just by moving it. The device I was able to see was about 4 feet wide, and 5 feet tall. I imagine that is about same dimensions as the energy beam it creates. But I am not an expert on this device.

Just read about it:

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Actually I bet that US Military will test this new thingy on Muslim Civilians sooner then you know.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Im thinking only lethal weapons are tested in Iraq. You know...so they can't say "You used some new machine to make me dizzy and throw up and bleed."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join