It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Incident: Obvious Hoax

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I like PULVERlZER's story.

But did we then and now think that saucer technology was THE spoil of war
or was it just for those in the know and the rest of America was scared
out of their wits.

Perhaps some saying that can't be, why do they lie and remember the hoax
radio broadcast of Orsen Wells.

Which brings up the conspiracy theory that Orsen played in to the hands of
the alien hoax. Was the saucer craft around at that time?

Even before the end of WWII, Tesla had to answer questions about signals
from space and every scientist with a telescope made extra bucks with
stories of life on mars.

The alien question has been around since before the saucer age but
now seem joined eventhough we say hoax now.

[edit on 9/21/2006 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PULVERlZER
The 'Flying Saucer' statement released immediatly after the recovery of the craft was for the purpose of showing the american public that they now also had the technology that they had given up to Russia after WWII.... U.S. got the V2 and the Russians and British got the rest. This was seen by americans as a 'jip'. Americans demamded more of the 'spoils of war' than any of the other allies because of what it had cost them to fight...(makes sence to me...but evidently not to Truman...) not to mention the extreme growth of the military at an astonishing never before seen rate....which resulted in a 'Military-Industrial Complex'..which plagues the country to this day...but thats a whole other can of worms...
back to Roswell...

Roswell was their 'ace in the hole' ..the event that would put them finally on equal footing with their "Allies" and finally shut the mouths of unhappy americans feeling robbed of what was rightfully theirs after the war...until other voices in power began to get paranoid wondering what their "Allies" of WWII had done with the 'unknown' technology they had found in Germany by that time, 2 yrs after the war. Enter the cold war...

I did not know Truman was involved. But I found this:

It would seem that, with the 38-year lapse between the first and second hoax, they
could have done a better job, but alas, the government bunglers screwed up again. The
error involved slander and fraud against deceased presidents Truman and Eisenhower,
by forging their names on false documents which alleged an incident which never
occurred. Such fraud and slander should not have been treated so lightly by law
enforcement authorities in respect to the arrogant Pentagon officials, who clearly
overstepped their authority, by falsifying actions taken by former (deceased)
commanders-in-chief, ex post facto.

(From author Lyne page 119)

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well if we can shoot extra-terrestrial craft down then that would indicate we have technology far more advanced than publicly acknowledged. But still even if we did down a UFO I highly doubt the Army would've have then informed the media.

First, there doesn't seem to be anything supporting the Roswell incident craft was "shot down"... For whatever reasons, the object is reported as crashing, not being shot down.

Next, you have to look at this with the time in mind. A) Flying discs were just starting to be newsworthy (this was only weeks after Arnold's sighting and the phrase "flying saucers" was just getting around). B) Most assumed they were Soviet, or US experiments, not aliens. C) The military was still trying to figure them out too, and UFOs were seen as a serious threat (and likely Soviet).

Finally, the Army press release said it retrieved a "disc", likely being a purposefully vague announcement, as the impression I always get is that they wanted the public to know that they had one, and would get to the bottom of it...kind of ease the mind, etc. The announcement of a "disc" is still one of the biggest strikes against the Mogul claim, as Mogul looks NOTHING like a disc....

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing
To be historical, it was the Army. (minor points have a way of becomming major issues)

Alright its the Army then(happy pappy)

So what is your speculation as to why they appeared to have done that ? (Yes, I know what you are implying, I am looking for a more direct statement.)

Well if I could draw you a diagram I would but here goes I'll try to be as direct as I can. They(military industrial complex)developed the Roswell Incident using a crashed alien flying saucer as a cover story to divert attention of the American(and possibly the Soviet Union)public away from the government's(military industrial complex)technological advancements.

Reasons are pretty simple if the American public realized that the US government possessed technology that could enhance their lives they would without doubt demand access to it(and quite rightly so). And if the public gained access to it it would only be a matter of time before foreigners(and foreign governments)would get a hold of it.

What in the way of hard evidence do the believers even need or want?

Well I think they would really want hard proof(such as a government admission and or actually alien artificats)as everyone who has relied on pure faith wants to be proven correct in the eyes of society(at least at some level). But it is true they don't need proof to believe. But I really think they would like to have it.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
"First, there doesn't seem to be anything supporting the Roswell incident craft was "shot down"...== Gazrok

Disturbing when I agree with you 100 percent. You are one of my favorite opponents.

"Next, you have to look at this with the time in mind." == Gazrok

You have the context of the day right on. Even MOGUL was addressing the Soviet threat.

"The announcement of a "disc" is still one of the biggest strikes against the Mogul claim, as Mogul looks NOTHING like a disc...." == Gazrok

At last. We disagree again. In context, nobody knew what a "disc" was, "purposefully vague". And MOGUL just looked wierd, in context or out.
Even by todays standards it don't look like anything "normal".

"They(military industrial complex)developed the Roswell Incident using a crashed alien flying saucer as a cover story to divert attention of the
American(and possibly the Soviet Union)public away from the government's(military industrial complex)technological advancements. " == danwild6

Then why retract the story ? If the retraction had arrived at the Roswell Daily Record office only one hour sooner, the stories would have never been
published in the first place. So the retraction was too late and ran the next day. When did "they" have the opportunity to develop this cover story ?
As Gazrok has pointed out, the evolution of the Arnold sighting was BARELY ahead of Roswell.

"Reasons are pretty simple if the American public realized that the US government possessed technology ...." == danwild6

I have a harder time following this reasoning. The war had ended, demobilization was still occurring, the military industrial complex was disintegrating,
(shifting to non war footing), rationing was all but ended and the American public was seeing a relative bounty in life enhancement compared
to the severe ration days of the war. Where does this alleged secret, high tech come into play and when and how would it be percieved as more life
enhancing than the end of rationing ?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Have you seen both of these?

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Then why retract the story ? If the retraction had arrived at the Roswell Daily Record office only one hour sooner, the stories would have never been
published in the first place.

And the public would not have become aware of it which wasn't what the instigators of the cover up wanted. They wanted the story to get out because what good would it have done them had no one heard it.

originally posted by nightwing
So the retraction was too late and ran the next day. When did "they" have the opportunity to develop this cover story?

It was a day late on purpose. Like I said they wanted the story to be heard. Whats the point of a cover up to throw off the publics attention if you haven't exposed the public to it. They didn't just throw this thing together. They'd probably been working on developing this for sometime before it(the cover up)was put into action.

As Gazrok has pointed out, the evolution of the Arnold sighting was BARELY ahead of Roswell.

Yes and that incident could have had something to do with how the cover up developed. Arnold's encounter was already international news and had captured the public's imagination what better time to pull something like this off.

I have a harder time following this reasoning. The war had ended, demobilization was still occurring, the military industrial complex was disintegrating,
(shifting to non war footing), rationing was all but ended and the American public was seeing a relative bounty in life enhancement compared
to the severe ration days of the war. Where does this alleged secret, high tech come into play and when and how would it be percieved as more life
enhancing than the end of rationing?

True the American people had never had it so good. But that doesn't change my reasoning. If the military-government is in possession of advanced technology such as anti-gravity I (and the vast majority of the world) would want access to it.

Wouldn't you?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

published in the first place. So the retraction was too late and ran the next day.

nightwing ,

I don't think that's quite right. Technically the Roswell Daily Record didn't even get the story first.

According to Haut's affidavit... " I went first to KGFL, then to KSWS, then to the *Daily Record* and finally to the *Morning Dispatch*."

The news was immediately sent out over the "wire" and was reported the same day in Papers on the West Coast and in Europe. Not to mention on the Radio around the country.

Also from the July 8 , 1947 FBI TELETYPE it is stated as "Fact that National Broadcasting Company , Associated Press , and Others attempting to break story of location of Disc today."

www.project1947.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
What makes you sure it is a hoax?

What makes you believe it isn't
Okay seriously I believe Roswell is a hoax perpetuated by the governmennt to cover up evidence of its own technological developments. The main reason I believe that because the government was so involved in the actual event becoming public knowledge in the first place.

Have you seen irrefutable evidence proving that an alien spacecraft actually crashed.

Just as convinced as Fox Mulder.

or perhaps been manipulated or brainwashed. It is quite well known that the CIA and other agencies have long experimented with various mind control techniques.

We just believe different things. I tend to trust the folks as genuine, and they didn't come across to me as brainwashed, like maybe Sirhan Sirhan, or Mark David Chapman, or Tim McVeigh appeared to show hints of. I know all about Dr. Cameron, up here in Canada, and his CIA work. I don't know diddly about Mulder though, never watched the show, and the actor actually did nothing for me. Though a lot of people loved it, I never got into it.
I don't find it important enough to acquire irrefutable proof of it. I just accept the witnesses, like the fire chief etc., as being credible, and they say they saw humanoids that were definitely not human. It is like many controversial claims, if it sounds unbelievable, most people are willing to immediately label these eyewitnesses as all being either crazy, liars, or mind controlled zombies... I know for as sure as I need to be that some are not any of the above. They are honest, puzzled, and reticent about relating their tale, fully aware of what the general reception is sure to be. Yet these people find it of great enough importance that they share it anyway, and try to weather the character assaults. I know, cuz I have been there, in other ways, and can totally sympathize. It is also the single most important reason I am able to say I trust them. I get fooled, sometimes, of course, but I am willing to risk that. In some eyes I can see something which makes me feel strongly that they are telling me exactly what happened. Not what they thought happened, not a day dream, not an embellishment, or outright tall tale, but the best recollection they can muster, and usually these type of events are kind of burned into ones brain. I wasn't at Roswell, maybe it is all just a coverup, the gov't sure spent the dough on that sales pitch, and therefore, it is a duesy of a theory... Long, complicated, and in my estimation... lame.
It is just my opinion. You feel the German avionics imports, working nearby, or one of the other gov't secret project theories is more plausible. I don't. I just don't feel the little guys they pulled out of there necessarily came from anywhere but earth. They don't have to be ET's, just cause they're stealthy. The alien thing is not something I have totally bought into, though it is not beyond my ability to accept, were I to see enough information I liked. Its all a matter of taste, what do you buy, what do I buy? It is up to us to choose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join