It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the dumbest ditz in showbiz???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My personal favorite is Paris Hilton....

Still, Britney Spears really grabbed my attention after she quickly married KFed.. Then after I read the interview with Matt Lauer (yes I was bored at work one day) I realized she's even dumber than I thought!

But can anyone really top Paris in the low iq department? How would you cast your vote for dummest hollywood ditz??

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yeah I agree Paris is the queen of ditz. I can't think of anyone that is more of an ditz then her. Jessica Simpson is next, but I think it's her mothers fault.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Paris Hilton -- Britney Spears -- Jessica Simpson

They market themselves to absolute perfection.

Are they going to make millions off of their opinions on the government? Are they going to make money off of their opinions on how to benefit our society?

The answer is, No!

They put out their movies, albums or stories so people will pay attention to them. They sacrifice their integrity in order to make money.

All three are bright women, they would not live the lives they do if they weren't bright. Paris Hilton comes from a background with abnormal intelligence, her father runs a chain of hotels that makes crazy profits. How can you think her father raised a complete ditz? The fact is she was smart enough to realize this was her ability to market herself. Whether she came up with it or not, she accepted her responsibility to be a ditz.

Britney Spears comes from a small town with a family who was not accustomed to riches. She became a child star and a popstar overnight. She was the small town girl from the so called trailer park and noone gives two hoots about her opinions on anything. If she portrays herself as someone who has strong opinions on anything, people will stop listening to what she has to say.

Jessica Simpson, her father is absolutely brilliant. A former minister took over the careers of his daughters and made them and himself millions. If her father is that smart, she can not be lacking too much herself.

Now each one has thrown out some quotes which would have you quickly doubt their intelligence. But my opinion on this is that it was nothing more than strategy and marketing.

All three would much rather be the dumb blonde making millions, rather than the vocal advocate for women rights.

Does this make them a ditz? I would say no.

In Hollywood today, you have to portray yourself in a certain manner. If the media is after your looks, than you have to emphasize your looks. Brains will get in the way of looks, so you need to look like your abit of a ditz. As degrading as this may be, it certainly works.

The true ditz's of Hollywood are those that are not quick enough to understand their marketable appeal and become somebody that noone wants them to be.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Paris Hilton -- Britney Spears -- Jessica Simpson

They market themselves to absolute perfection.

Are they going to make millions off of their opinions on the government? Are they going to make money off of their opinions on how to benefit our society?

The answer is, No!

They put out their movies, albums or stories so people will pay attention to them. They sacrifice their integrity in order to make money.

All three are bright women, they would not live the lives they do if they weren't bright.

.... If she portrays herself as someone who has strong opinions on anything, people will stop listening to what she has to say.

But my opinion on this is that it was nothing more than strategy and marketing.

All three would much rather be the dumb blonde making millions, rather than the vocal advocate for women rights.

Does this make them a ditz? I would say no.

The true ditz's of Hollywood are those that are not quick enough to understand their marketable appeal and become somebody that noone wants them to be.

I agree, I don't think either of them are dumb. But it's very sad that women have to potray themsleves like that unless they're a prodigy or something. Otherwise, they have to act like a ditz till their 30. Which I don't get.

[edit on 9/17/2006 by smalllight]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure these women are dumb either. They are experts at manipulating the system to their advantage so they cannot be that dumb. But they are not what they purport to be either... witness Hilton saying a mere month ago that she was going to be celebate for awhile...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hilton is the most easiest example to understand. I met her once, she's nice, but she hates when people talk about her marketing, and so on.:shk:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
oh I almost forgot... if we are going to string up Paris we have to go after nicole richie too....

Well they might be master manipulators at playing the whole "stupid chick stereotype," but the truth is they probably arent that smart. im sure there is someone who has to explain the psychology of marketing to them !

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Well they might be master manipulators at playing the whole "stupid chick stereotype," but the truth is they probably arent that smart. im sure there is someone who has to explain the psychology of marketing to them !

You think the smarts of their parents didn't even trickle down alittle bit? Nicole Richie is a completely different story. But for Hilton, Spears & Simpson I think they have made the best with the hand they were dealt. Focus on your positives and run with it.

Men want them, woman want to be them. They live the lives some people can only dream about.

Not all men want them and not all women want to be them. But its a sad truth about our reality when people who can portray themselves this way can make such a living.

I think its naive to think these people are stupid. Thinking they are stupid is probably exactly what they want us to think.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Britney Spears.

She was stupid enough to marry gold-digger Kevin.
Then even dumber to have a baby by him.
Then ever dumber-er (new word) to have yet ANOTHER baby by him.

At least Paris Hilton knows enough not to do that.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Britney Spears.

She was stupid enough to marry gold-digger Kevin.
Then even dumber to have a baby by him.
Then ever dumber-er (new word) to have yet ANOTHER baby by him.

At least Paris Hilton knows enough not to do that.

OK, case closed on that one.

I give her credit on the marketing skills. But for the whole K-Fed situation, nothing can excuse that.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Dumbest ditz in showbiz? Man that's a huge club.

I'm not even sure I could narrow it down, but here's my vote for currently Most Reprehensible.

Anna Nicole pockets fat cash for selling pictures of her dead son. What a sweetheart. But she reportedly does have "vague notions" (has she ever had anything else?) of using "a portion" of the money for a memorial.

Mother of The Year.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think the overwealming victor will be

* Drum roll *

Miss P Hilton.

Long ago my girlfriend strived to beh ere, and adored her.
Unfortunately she didnt like it when I told her Deep down Paris is merely a insecure, dumb as a doorknob, materilistic, money hungry, unintellegent result of pop and celebrity status.

She's pathetic in every sense of the word.

I would pay dearly, to have 2 minute with that women alone, on camera to totally blast her ethics and abilities to show the world her real character.

But, im pretty sure ' a simple life ' is doing that anyway!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There are GUY ditz's of course ... and yet I see Britney and Paris the big winners.
How about this ... Crown Britney queen ditz and find her a king ditz. Who is the GUY dummest ditz in show biz???

Michael Jackson. He's disgusting .. but he's also a ditz because he was one of the richest guys on the planet and he pissed it away and is now in seriously in debt.

Any other king ditz's???

Mat Damon??

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Lets see, biggest guy ditz in Hollywood?

I'm not sure what would of nominated Matt Damon to be on the list, maybe I missed something.

How about Lance Bass? Mr. I'llGoToSpaceToRejuvenateIHateJustinTimberlakeMyPatheticCareer.

Huh? Any Takers?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
How about Lance Bass?

Very Very good!! Do we have a King and Queen Ditz couple now? Britney and Lance? Other nominations?

We will also need to nominate their 'court' ....

Since Paris isn't queen ditz then she can be one of the 6 courtiers.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We'll have to put the one and only Nick Carter on her arm.

Will Dr. Phil be conducting the ceremony?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There are oh so many to choose from! I knew everyone would pick Paris. She's an obvious choice, but I've actually heard she's not all that dumb. That's just her image.

Here's a couple more for the bin:

-Cameron Diaz
-Lindsey Lohan
-Brad Pitt
-Ben Affleck
-Tom Cruise
-Julia Roberts
-Anybody with the last name Osbourne

top topics

join