It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mideast Chatter: Nuclear Strike On U.S. Soil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Untrue:
Largest Freshwater Lake:
Lake Superior is the largest of the Great Lakes and it's also the freshwater lake that covers the greatest surface area in the world. Lake Superior covers over 82,000 km² of land and there's enough water in the lake to fill all the other Great Lakes plus three Lake Eries.

Deepest Lake:
Lake Baikal is the world's deepest lake and is located in Siberia, Russia, north of the Mongolian border. It is 5,369 ft (1,637 m) deep - more than one mile straight down.

The great lakes(combined) equals 1/5 of the worlds water, same as Lake Baikal. The greatlakes are connected though, and border far more land than Lake Bikal.....which is why blowing up a nuke on the shores of the any of the lakes would suck bad for the US as a whole. Not only would Chicago be gone, but the the lake would be damaged severly....killing fish, ect. The fallout also has the most potential to do damage to a larger area( being near the center of the country). St. Louis would be another good target as well.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by LordBaskettIV]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I said it was a digression, and not worth debating really, but if you re-read my previous post you will see I said the Great Lakes were large in terms of surface area, but not in terms of volume. As the post I was quoting was seemed to be referring to the amount of fresh water (regarding nuclear pollution presumably?) it was relevant to speak of volume of water and not of surface area. I think it depends on what you mean by "large" (surface area or volume). I hope that clears it up.

Lake Superior volume = 12,100 cubic km
Lake Eyrie volume = 484 cubic km
Lake Ontario volume = 1,640 cubic km
Lake Huron volume = 3,540 cubic km
Lake Michigan volume = 4,920 cubic km
TOTAL = 22,684 cubic km

Lake Baikal volume = 23,600 cubic km

Cheers.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by d60944]

[edit on 19-9-2006 by d60944]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The volume doesn't matter to much I guess, but as far as what makes chigago such a good target is it's relation to the great lakes, close proximity to Gary Indiana( steel and oil production), and the chances of the fallout spreading virtually anywhere within the central US. Attacking the east coast(or west) is bad strategy because the huge inner part of the US would be left unscathed for the most part being nestled between 2 mountain ranges. It's were we grow our nations food, it's a prime target for a small enemy to attack....again starving us by nuking major food resourses.

Infact, if terrorists don't bomb these areas, then I would look to the goverment as being the true enemy( as it wouldn't destroy it's own means of living to garner support for a false war).

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Two quick questions. If somebody or a few people could answer logically that'd be awesome.

First question is, If this attack goes down, who do we blame? Meaning, how do we know who did it, the U.S. government or Al Qaeda? There's news reports stating Al Qaeda bought and smuggled nuclear weapons into the country through the Mexican border, which is possible, but it's also possible that the government is making that up. A nuclear attack doesn't leave much evidence behind does it? Certainly not as much as 9/11 did. So how would WE, not the government and their "official stories", but we as American citizens find out who actually did it?

And second question, If this was defaintely terrorists or Iran or somebody like that, if you are not already in, would you join the military?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush
A nuclear attack doesn't leave much evidence behind does it? Certainly not as much as 9/11 did. So how would WE, not the government and their "official stories", but we as American citizens find out who actually did it?

A nuclear weapon does leave trace materials that have unique signatures that can help identify its point of origin. Every reactor produces a slightly different composition of radioisotopes which would eventually become the plutonium in the nuke. The military can trace to the point of origin based on this composition.

External Source

***edit, missed part of that due to speed reading. whoops***

I believe that we will be told exactly what the government wants us to be told. Unless some 3rd party individual is granted rights to the area near "Ground Zero" of the attacks with a radioisotope spectrum anylizer, the government would be able to tell us it came from Hoboken, NJ , Iran, China, or wherever and we would have to take thier word for it.

And second question, If this was defaintely terrorists or Iran or somebody like that, if you are not already in, would you join the military?

I have been in and out already. If it was definately muslim extremests and the nuke originated from Iran, I would definately consider re-enlisting, but I think my wife would protest. So most likely I would not, but I would definately stock up on guns and ammo, just in case.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by DropInABucket]

[edit on 19-9-2006 by DropInABucket]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DropInABucket

A nuclear attack doesn't leave much evidence behind does it? Certainly not as much as 9/11 did. So how would WE, not the government and their "official stories", but we as American citizens find out who actually did it?

A nuclear weapon does leave trace materials that have unique signatures that can help identify its point of origin. Every reactor produces a slightly different composition of radioisotopes which would eventually become the plutonium in the nuke. The military can trace to the point of origin based on this composition.

External Source

I have been in and out already. If it was definately muslim extremests and the nuke originated from Iran, I would definately consider re-enlisting, but I think my wife would protest. So most likely I would not, but I would definately stock up on guns and ammo, just in case.

Ok, so, it DOES leave traces. So, the government and military would be able to determine where it came from, but, it's not like we can look at video and find signs of cover up. It's just an explosion, no squibs coming out the sides of towers, no incredibly small holes for a plane to fit through, none of that. So, I guess we just have to rely on leaked evidence maybe?

As for the military, my girlfriend most likely wouldn't allow me to join either. I'd want to. But that's a good idea, stock up on guns and ammo.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

As for the military, my girlfriend most likely wouldn't allow me to join either. I'd want to. But that's a good idea, stock up on guns and ammo.

And for your reading pleasure, from the weapondry forum, here is a thread that talks about what to do, have ready, and plan for "Situation X" which I would definately consider this a runner for whatever that situation may be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know its a little off topic, but just in case anyone has the same train of thought as dick and I about what to do if this were to happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DropInABucket

And for your reading pleasure, from the weapondry forum, here is a thread that talks about what to do, have ready, and plan for "Situation X" which I would definately consider this a runner for whatever that situation may be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know its a little off topic, but just in case anyone has the same train of thought as dick and I about what to do if this were to happen.

Awesome, thanks for that thread. You never know when you'll need it. Always assume the worst...especially these days.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by DickBinBush]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Don't forget, if it happens, the site/sites of attack will also tell us who the perpetrators are. Our own goverment would not outright cripple itself if its trying to garner support for more warmongering. There some other minor factors as well....such as the terrorists "getting out of control" to what was originally intended. If the Gov did have a small or major part in 9/11, that doesn't mean that new attacks are thier fault either. If I was china or russia, I would use the muslims to my advatage while giving them free weaponry( as this would incourage more brazen attacks).

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Don't forget, if it happens, the site/sites of attack will also tell us who the perpetrators are. Our own goverment would not outright cripple itself if its trying to garner support for more warmongering. There some other minor factors as well....such as the terrorists "getting out of control" to what was originally intended. If the Gov did have a small or major part in 9/11, that doesn't mean that new attacks are thier fault either. If I was china or russia, I would use the muslims to my advatage while giving them free weaponry( as this would incourage more brazen attacks).

Good point. The government wouldn't take out Washington D.C. with a nuclear weapon. Terrorists would. Just like the question as to why the "terrorists" flew right over Indian Point nuclear facility, which would have killed 20 million people, to fly into the upper floors of the twin towers to "only" kill 3,000 people. I say only not through dis-respect but just in comparison to 20 million.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
FYI: The topic of the OP is being discussed currently on Glenn Beck's show on Headline News.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
We're dealing with symbolic terrorists here. They attacked symbolic targets in symbolic ways before.

I think they will nuke Hoover Dam and take out the city of sin (Las Vegas) at the same time. An attack on Soddom itself.

Then they will take out Washington DC (Gommorah) and get the rest of the as@holes.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
I think they will nuke Hoover Dam and take out the city of sin (Las Vegas) at the same time. An attack on Soddom itself.

Shhhhhhhh don't give them any ideas!!

Anyway, like I said before, if terrorists do it, they will attack Washington D.C. ..

If "terrorists" do it, they will not attack Washington D.C.

( I know I will confuse at least one person on this
)

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Anyway, it's always possible for the government agencies such as the CIA to get one weapon illegally from another country like Pakistan, China or Russia. Give it to the terrorists and blow it up.

Now, I think they want to blame either Pakistan, either NK, either Iran. The US have CIA in Iran and Pakistan, so they could get uranium from there, they don't need much, they need about 10kg of uranium to make a nuke...

BTW, I'll only believe in terrorists when Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rize, Bush Sr. and Rockefeller will die from a terrorist attack.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I dont know if you all saw the post early in this thread, that pointed very sharply at an allowed nuclear attack...
this terrorist was already sighted, and ignored by the FBI...

Someone saw the guy, and reported him... and no investigation was undertaken.
At least they say that no investigation is being undertaken, but if he is currently under surveliance, then we should have no problem preventing his attack... yes?

but either way...
if a nuke goes off, its the governments fault...
they should have everything they need on this guy, to keep him from blowing it up.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
When did they see the guy??

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

Who's yanking who's chain?

Osama says he's got a bomber in country.

FBI says we know who he is, but we are letting him walk around free.

We know, that you know, that we know.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

Who's yanking who's chain?

Osama says he's got a bomber in country.

FBI says we know who he is, but we are letting him walk around free.

We know, that you know, that we know.

But in the end, it could all just be a story written and released by the U.S. government to cover for their planned nuclear attack on a major U.S. city...?

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Much the same way the US admin was advised of these known terrorists training in US Flight schools..
they were being watched by the FBI.
The FBI knew of the threat of plane hijackings bein used as missles.

But we managed to fall over our own feet and let that happen....
Or did we simply watch.. .and allow it to proceed?

Its in the governemnts best interests to be attacked again.
They need a way out of IRAQ, not as whole in terms of the WOT, but to physically shift this offensive into a more WIN'able position.
Extending the battle to the region gives us more room to move, allows more troops and firepower and use of the dreaded tactical nuke.

Plus, when certain members within the government MAKE MONEY of war.. well... its ching ching for everyone invovled...

Just a pitty the soilders are the ones paying the price.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Much the same way the US admin was advised of these known terrorists training in US Flight schools..
they were being watched by the FBI.
The FBI knew of the threat of plane hijackings bein used as missles.

But we managed to fall over our own feet and let that happen....
Or did we simply watch.. .and allow it to proceed?

Its in the governemnts best interests to be attacked again.
They need a way out of IRAQ, not as whole in terms of the WOT, but to physically shift this offensive into a more WIN'able position.
Extending the battle to the region gives us more room to move, allows more troops and firepower and use of the dreaded tactical nuke.

Plus, when certain members within the government MAKE MONEY of war.. well... its ching ching for everyone invovled...

Just a pitty the soilders are the ones paying the price.

And this is why in another thread I compared them to Nazi's..that's what they are..they don't care that they are using hundreds of thousands and millions of soldiers to do their dirty work for them..they are throwing into harms way the people who have stood up and volunteered to sacrifice their lives, both family life and actual life, to defend this country. To defend the rights of the American people layed out by the constitution. And these greedy war mongering cold heartless insensitive bastards are not only destroying the constitution, but to achieve their selfish goals, are sending to war the people who chose a career that none of these criminals would ever have the balls to choose.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join