It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test energy weapons on civilians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Nonlethal weapons such as high-power microwave devices should be used on American citizens in crowd-control situations before being used on the battlefield, the Air Force secretary said Tuesday.

The object is basically public relations. Domestic use would make it easier to avoid questions from others about possible safety considerations, said Secretary Michael Wynne.

"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation," said Wynne. "(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press."

He should be vilified in the world press for the comments he makes here :S

mod edit:Quote Reference (review link), please post more than a one line post on the subject in future.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'd think they'd want to do just the opposite - try it on the enemy rather than US citizens! Honestly I think that sort of stuff (Active Denial) is going to get banned real quick once people see what the results are. People already freak out about laser pointers, so just imagine what sort of reaction blasting people with microwaves will get!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
They probably test how powerful it is, so it dosn't kill, then test it on RIOTERS (wouldn't really call these people civilians) to see if it works well. Better to shoot it at people who cary rocks than AK47s

[edit on 13-9-2006 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is proof positive that Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne is suffering from a common medical condition among military top brass and politicians known as "Recto-Cranial Inversion".
Somebody get a toilet plunger, I think we may still be able to save him...

new topics

top topics

join