It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tree of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Correct me if Im wrong but I think it was plato who said;which we call evil is merely ignorance, and what we call good is what everyone desires.Concidering that humans only use 10% of there brain maybe Eve should have ate more apples and we would not be here disscusing the tree of knowlege of good and evil .Sex is not a sin,nor is the human genitalia something to be ashamed of.This is the key to life for humans.god wants us to multiply.Whithout humans there would be no god.So eat drink and be marry
thaks for your ear.
PEADY-

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
As I already wrote previously it was a command that got broken that was wrong but on top of that they covered up and felt ashmed God their creator was some type pervert if they were seen naked, they must have thought God knows what i am thinking that is wrong, so in a way they also wanted seperation and privacy.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Every time I read that, It seems to me that Satan, the Serpent, whatever you'd like to call him enticed Eve into sex. Then Adam came along, and had sex with her, too. Thus, we have Cain in which I believe was a direct descendent of Satan himself. But, it can be interpreted so many ways... But I believe that is what happened, and I also believed God knew that would happen. Why put candy in the middle of the store?? Also, I have always wondered why God has shown favor in Abel, and his offerings versus Cains. It seems to be that God knew Cain was Evil. Why would Cain be evil? I reckon because he was created by evil. That's my thought. So, who's Cains descendants. That might be very interesting.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PEADY
Correct me if Im wrong but I think it was plato who said;which we call evil is merely ignorance, and what we call good is what everyone desires.Concidering that humans only use 10% of there brain maybe Eve should have ate more apples and we would not be here disscusing the tree of knowlege of good and evil .Sex is not a sin,nor is the human genitalia something to be ashamed of.This is the key to life for humans.god wants us to multiply.Whithout humans there would be no god.So eat drink and be marry
thaks for your ear.
PEADY-

Umm, according to the Bible, the one price for Eves sin was pain in birthing, and therefore it totally relates to sex thus, reinforcing my theory. Now, are we talking bible and what is written, or what?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
As I already wrote previously it was a command that got broken that was wrong but on top of that they covered up and felt ashmed God their creator was some type pervert if they were seen naked, they must have thought God knows what i am thinking that is wrong, so in a way they also wanted seperation and privacy.

Hi T.T.L/

Adam and Eve covered up.....they recognised their nakedness......shame!
I dont think in my opinion that man wanted privacy.
This may so be in todays world, but the shame that they experienced was the departure of knowing only good....they knew NOT what was bad.
eg/
When your friend does something to hurt you, he/she feels hurt, and tries to cover it up.
Or may come to you via another friend to ask for forgiveness.
Or
The right thing to do is to come to you personally, and apoligise for what he/she has done.
This was the caswe in te Garden of Eden.
God allowed man to see his mistake, and asked them
'Where art though?''
God was asking Man for his confession.
Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the Serpant ......
The world changed after the Fall of man.
Animals and all nature followed each other.
The earth was not as it was.
The Garden of Eden was shut.......
Man now had to work and toil for a living.
woman gave birth with pain.
Siblings killed each other.....
Cursed was the world because of man's fall.
There needed to be a Saviour to destroy what had taken place.....
There was other way but for God to take all responsibility..
The Son of Man.
God took upon Himself and became a Slave......He was fully God and Fully man(mortal)
helen

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Originally posted by The time lord

Hi T.T.L/

Adam and Eve covered up.....they recognised their nakedness......shame!
I dont think in my opinion that man wanted privacy.
This may so be in todays world, but the shame that they experienced was the departure of knowing only good, to knowing and recognising bad....they knew NOT what was bad previously.
eg/
When your friend does something to hurt you, he/she feels hurt, and tries to cover it up.
Or may come to you via another friend to ask for forgiveness.
Or
The right thing to do is to come to you personally, and apoligise for what he/she has done.
This was the caswe in te Garden of Eden.
God allowed man to see his mistake, and asked them
'Where art though?''
God was asking Man for his confession.
Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the Serpant ......
The world changed after the Fall of man.
Animals and all nature followed each other.
The earth was not as it was.
The Garden of Eden was shut.......
Man now had to work and toil for a living.
woman gave birth with pain.
Siblings killed each other.....
Cursed was the world because of man's fall.
There needed to be a Saviour to destroy what had taken place.....
There was other way but for God to take all responsibility..
The Son of Man.
God took upon Himself and became a Slave......He was fully God and Fully man(mortal)
helen

Edit...added to third sentence...

[edit on 9/13/2006 by helen670
hmmm, why is this one big quote?

[edit on 9/13/2006 by helen670]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DbleTrble
Every time I read that, It seems to me that Satan, the Serpent, whatever you'd like to call him enticed Eve into sex. Then Adam came along, and had sex with her, too. Thus, we have Cain in which I believe was a direct descendent of Satan himself. But, it can be interpreted so many ways... But I believe that is what happened, and I also believed God knew that would happen. Why put candy in the middle of the store?? Also, I have always wondered why God has shown favor in Abel, and his offerings versus Cains. It seems to be that God knew Cain was Evil. Why would Cain be evil? I reckon because he was created by evil. That's my thought. So, who's Cains descendants. That might be very interesting.

The land of the cainites were also was homes to giants as the Bible described them as half breeds humans and angels. but I guess you do not have to look far around Isreal today to know who they might be.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
dbletrble,
Having pain during childbirth has nothing to do with sex and the tree of knowage of good and evil. Look at Mary..mother of jesus. Wasnt this a vergin birth.. did she have pain?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

dbletrble,
Having pain during childbirth has nothing to do with sex and the tree of knowage of good and evil. Look at Mary..mother of jesus. Wasnt this a vergin birth.. did she have pain?

That's where you could have your thoughts on what God intended all wrong. Why would God punish Eve to bear pain during birth? That was her, and all womans punishment to be, were it not????

And Jesus's birth was by immaculate conception. Yes. Maybe that was what he intended for humanity until my theory happened. But, it still would not apply to the birth of Jesus. Why would he make his own son be born immaculately? It kinda reflects to maybe God not condoning, (check spelling) sex... I really don't know why he wouldn't like mortals to experience sex. It is good, and if your in love, it is heaven on earth. So, it still comes down to Woman's punishment for the temptation at the tree, regardless. And that was specifically pain at birth. The question is why? Why else? Sex with evil, or just plain sex. Sometimes you have to see black and white.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The land of the cainanites were also was homes to giants as the Bible described them as half breeds humans and angels. but I guess you do not have to look far around Isreal today to know who they might be.

Do you reckon that could be the mark that was put upon Cain? Maybe transformed him into a Giant?

What makes you think the Cananites are what we now know as Israel?

[edit on 13-9-2006 by DbleTrble]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Dbletrble,
Ok I kinnda see your point.
Tell me this.Why didn't he punish adam?Why just eve.Didnt god make eve just for Adam because he was lonely?DID GOD NOT KNOW THAT THEY WERE GONNA HAVE SEX?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Geting back to probedbygreys original statement...

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

dbletrble,

Can I ask you a question? In our penal system, sometimes when a criminal kills he gets the death penalty, right?

Ok, ever here eye for an eye?

What I'm trying to point out, is typically when someone pays the price for insubordinance, they usually get hurt at that specific area. Now, I don't particularly agree with some of the punishments. But, when I was a kid, my mom told me not to touch the coconut shreds which were for the Christmas cookies she was going to bake. Well, I just had to open it up and have a taste. Yep! I disobeyed. Guess what was on my plate for dinner that night? YEp

Now, I was a firebug too. Loved fire. Took matches wherever I went, but wasn't allowed. Guess what? Got busted with them before I left the house. My hands were on fire that night with lighter fluid. It hurt.

Point is, the most productive way of punishing someone is to inflict a repercussion that relates with the original offense. I mean, I think black and white. I don't think God punished woman with pain for child birth for eating an apple, or finding information that equals sin. I think it was sex. Pure and simple.

And this is the weird part. If God intended us not to have sex for reproduction, were we to practice other means to procreate? I mean, what was in store if they never went to that tree? Is God an alien? What was his intentions? Is there hidden secrets we don't know about? I think so.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Dbletrble,
Ok I kinnda see your point.
Tell me this.Why didn't he punish adam?Why just eve.Didnt god make eve just for Adam because he was lonely?DID GOD NOT KNOW THAT THEY WERE GONNA HAVE SEX?

That raises a very good question, but I don't even have a hypothetical answer. I have no clue what mans punishment was, or if there even one. None that I recall from reading. But, maybe God did intend them to have sex, in due time. Unfortunately, we'll never know.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
dBLETRBLE,
Why would god create us with no feelings.(to feel child birth)Before eve was even thought of, adam was lonley, Is this not a feeling? Did adam and eve enjoy sex?
(Feeling). Were they happy to have each other ? (feeling) Did god only create good feelings? without bad feelings there would be no good!!!How else could we evaluate what is good?peady

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

dBLETRBLE,
Why would god create us with no feelings.(to feel child birth)Before eve was even thought of, adam was lonley, Is this not a feeling? Did adam and eve enjoy sex?
(Feeling). Were they happy to have each other ? (feeling) Did god only create good feelings? without bad feelings there would be no good!!!How else could we evaluate what is good?peady

Your looking into it all wrong.
It's not tha as you said, "god create us with no feelings.(to feel child birth)".
It is symoblism. It is to say that our evolution didn't become fruitful until "Eve".
Eve is just a title given to the new born evolution. The birth of humanity. The story of genesis is about Evelution! Notice that the word Eve is in 'evelution'? Is that coincidence?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

dBLETRBLE,

I'm not saying God created us with no feelings. I just think that Eve banged something else before Adam. God made painful childbirth after He realized the two had been at the tree. What happened at the tree is all speculation. BUt I stand pat that Eve had experienced sex physically before Adam. I agree, life would be really messed up without some bad. And I also admit, without knowledge in what is bad/wrong would be chaotic.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Your looking into it all wrong.
It's not tha as you said, "god create us with no feelings.(to feel child birth)".
It is symoblism. It is to say that our evolution didn't become fruitful until "Eve".
Eve is just a title given to the new born evolution. The birth of humanity. The story of genesis is about Evelution! Notice that the word Eve is in 'evelution'? Is that coincidence?

I think you're looking at this all wrong, we are talking about what it written. God gave man a woman named Eve because Adam was alone, and needed a companion. I can't see where Evolution fits in.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
okay, first off Its hard to believe, That one man named adam had sex with one woman named Eve and they alone populated the whole earth. Wouldnt this be inbreeding?
second of all, why did god make man with a penis and a woman with a vagina if he did not intend for them to procreate. (Crule Joke?)if there was no evil before eve ate from that tree wouldnt that make her inocent? why would she disobey god?

peady-

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The only purpose of sex is to procreate. Adam and Eve did not see this and looked after each other lustfully. In doing so, they lost some Soul Love for God, the Infinite Creator of the Universe; they were punished since Life's Purpose is to Love God and we have all been punished since, except Jesus Christ and the Immaculate Mary. Only Jesus Christ can redeem for past sins. And the Virgin Mary can intercede for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join