It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix Revolutions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Who isn't interested in seeing this? Raise of hands?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I see a severe lack of hand raising going on...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They killed it
The first was great but now if they used new effects something no one has seen before i would be interested but the same thing three times over is a little much

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think it's cool. I like the story. Of course, I think at the end of Matrix Reloaded, Neo is still in the Matrix. And Zion is just another part of the Matrix, designed to make those with rebellious thoughts happy.

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I haven't been overly impressed by the trailers.

However, I did love the first two, so therefore I will see this trilogy through. From what I have read, this one doesn't do a very good job at closing the various story lines. I think our local "movie critic" gave it 1 1/2 stars. Not good. Although, I never have been one to reliy to heavily on movie critics.

I reserve judgement till after I've seen it.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Seen it...meh...I'm too tired to comment. Went to a Matrix Marathon...which didn't end till 5.30am this morning, and still had to go work a few hours later...

...sleeeeeep...sleep good...sleep friend...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   

::Raises Hand::

I hate The Matrix.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I like it. But not the quite of ending i expected. Nice tho. Alot of ppl would say they hated it cause it was pointless but alot of times they look at the movie with a very shalllow outlook and do not look deeper into it. www.lastfreecity.com has alot of interesting info about goin deeper into the matrix. Alien there was a character at the begging of the Zion siege in one of the mechs that looked like your avatar

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i thought it was great due to the fact that i watch movei for far more than special effects, they don't matter to me, the meaning was there, i love how philosophical it is, neo and smith, they're like yin and yang, symbolic of the battle of good and evil, the final fight was great too, and the power of love and all kindsa # are displayed in there, the inevitable fall of the current opression system, a la the machines made smith too good, was gonna take them over too, just crazy

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I never understaood the first 2 so i will not see the 3rd 1.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
God I am sorry but I can't stand the matrix movies, with this next installment I will have to hear uber fanbois explain to me how we are in the matrix, all over again.

Save me Jesus.

I was a big fan of the first, 2nd one got boring, even the fight scenes got... well .... long and too drawn out.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Let's face facts: one of the Wachowski's got a sex change and is walking around with monster man-boobs and is going out with a lesbian dominatrix. I'm no homophobe, but those guys are mentally ill.

These kids, especially on ATS, take this garbage too seriously. I have been showing the posts bigsage and the "Matrix worshippers" put on ATS to a few friends here, and they are CRACKING UP laughing. It's hilarious.

It's the poor man's dianetics. It's a way for loners and social misfits who "Don't feel like they fit in" to explain why everyone hates them and they can't get laid.

Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
I see a severe lack of hand raising going on...

I havent even seen the Reloaded yet..

So..

(Die Matrix series and all people involved Die!)

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
^
My favorite person in all of Finland.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Loved the first one. It's a masterpiece. The storyline was air-tight. Not the case in 2 and 3 WAS A JOKE!!!

Seriously..Revolutions was real disappointment.

Nice effects but the script was a JOKE!!

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think that American audiences require that a movie provide the answers and wrap up ideas before the credits role. I think some of the criticisms levied against the Matrix sequels come back to this point.
I believe that many of the "philosophical' questions raised in these movies cannot be "answered" in the classical sense.
A teacher can not point out Zen to you...they can only force you to question your own nuerological prejudices untill you realize that you are the one that makes the grass green.
I appluad the Wachowski brothers for not 'handing us the answers' but requiring us to think for ourselves.
Its not a concept that many people feel comfortable with but given time they will come to appreciate.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I thought it was great.
I thought 2 and 3 were better than 1, 1 had too many plot holes.
I really don't understand why people slate them, they have action, drama, good dialogue, mystery, thought procoking ideas, great visuals etc.
I think movie goers these days are too spoiled and jaded from seeing too many #ty Hollywood cast offs.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firebird
Alien there was a character at the begging of the Zion siege in one of the mechs that looked like your avatar

...theres a reason for that, Nathaniel Lees who, played 'Captian Mifune', in Reloaded and Revolutions *where he was the leader of the mech APU Squad*...he's one of the bros from NZ...

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by alien]

top topics

join