It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now this is a far too cozy picture!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Words utterly totally fail me on this one. That smarming little run running Iran must be wetting himself with laughter at all the death and destruction his troops are causing in Iran, and now, and now he wants to help 'stabilise the country.'

Oh yeah, i bet the minute the say yes please, all these strange terror attacks on US and UK troops will stop, the mardhi army will lay down its arms and join the Police, (Islamic police that is) and the Sunnis are going to get a kicking..

The sunnis will be forced to A) Fight with the Americans, or B) Join the coalition of Iran / Iraq shiites...

Oh what a great irony. Iran as an iraqi peace maker...

mod edit, spelling/grammar

[edit on 12-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Happy I'm not the only one who saw that.
I had to do a double-take when I saw it on tv.

I didn't think they would be so quick to buddy-up.
The plot thickens...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
oh don't it just....

so now all the shiites are going to be buddy buddies after all...and do you think it will be long till a theocracy is in power in iraq, and then decides to join borders with iran??

Oh goodness me if the war was fouhgt because of Irans secreting evidence (fake0 through a shiite spy for the USA, then it seems the USA has done Irans dirty work for it by removing saddam because of fake WMD's...

Oh crlap.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Or maybe because the new Iraqi nation is in the gutter at the moment, they are trying to grasp as many friends as they can so they aren't left for the wolves when the US and other coalition forces draw most forces out of Iraq due to political pressure?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
oh don't it just....

so now all the shiites are going to be buddy buddies after all...and do you think it will be long till a theocracy is in power in iraq, and then decides to join borders with iran??

Oh goodness me if the war was fouhgt because of Irans secreting evidence (fake0 through a shiite spy for the USA, then it seems the USA has done Irans dirty work for it by removing saddam because of fake WMD's...

Oh crlap.

You said it. The fake WMDs were the tool Saddam was using to keep its (3X larger) neighbor at bay. So we pulled his pants down in front of the world and the Iranians just walk right in -- afte they finish laughing.

We used Saddam to hold back Iran for 20 years. I guess Junior just forgot that little bit of history.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
like i said before in other posts. iran is trying to unite with as many nations as possible to do battle with the united states. iran will cut off as much oil as possible to the united states, even if iran has to unite with other nations to do it. we get alot of oil over there and if a large percent is cut off to us, well then , no oil, no transportation , no food or anything else, next comes chaos in the u.s. next, revolution. while they sit back and laugh. no sir, our government will be going to iran. you can bet your bottom dollar on that one in the next year and ill say i told you so. so you will know what happens next. the oil prices going down is going to be short lived, cause when we go over there, you will see a couple of months later the oil prices will rise dramatically causeing many questions by the public to be answered. this is no joke, irans president means to do this and he will with the help of others, even if he has to bribe them with free oil. this man is doing the same tactics as hitler. thats why i call him the hitler reencarnate. no joke, you 18 year olds getting out of school, unless you want to go to iran and fight, then join the militaary, but if you dont, dont join, you will be going to iran. this will be a war worse than vietnam. i pray no nukes are involved in this fight, cause if that happens the surrounding countries will get involved, because they too use oil to fuel there economy. this is all bad

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Shiite majority leaders in Iraq and Iran which is something like 90 percent shiite and you expect less? Iran is playing their cards right.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by unconscious_war]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yes, the Shi'tes dominate Iranian politics and can dominate Iraqi politics because of their majority.

So the Iraqi government is tilted toward Shi'te interests and the Iraqi constitution is based on Sharia Law and the differences between Iraq and Iran are shrinking. Both have had elections, both governments are largely based on the wishes of their respective peoples.

So "Democracy" is not the same thing as "aligning with the US." This should have been clear years ago -- and in fact, I think it was clear to Bush1.

Now, the preferable course of action is probably breaking up Iraq into separate provinces for each ethnic group. It will make Iraq much weaker, but will slow the escalating violence.

No matter how you look at it, Iran is the winner here.

BTW, the President of Iran is not the top political authority. The Supreme Leader is.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hmmm...
Iran.. Venezeula.. China.. Russia
There's alot of hookin' up goin on

Ok, so when all hell breaks loose,
where do I move?

df1

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
iran is trying to unite with as many nations as possible to do battle with the united states.

The common connection between those nations in opposition to the US is that all have been intimidated and threatened by US. This is nothing but a union of those afraid of invasion by the US.

iran will cut off as much oil as possible to the united states, even if iran has to unite with other nations to do it. we get alot of oil over there and if a large percent is cut off to us, well then , no oil, no transportation , no food or anything else, next comes chaos in the u.s. next...

Iran wants and needs to sell oil to the US and other western nations. Any oil cut off by iran would be for what they see as defensive purposes. It would not be anything long term.

revolution.

Now their you go, finally an up side. We surely do need a dramatic change in government leadership, but iran will have nothing to do with it. Any US revolution will be the result of our unresponsive and corrupt politicians.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by df1]

[edit on 13-9-2006 by df1]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

df1 makes sense, think the old man is not just a icon for nothing, wise that is.

and for the post I would say you can not have the cake and take it home, now that "democrazy" is there in Iraq , it will take its own course. So its natural that two similar society are getting cozy which was not possible under Saddam.

[edit on 25-9-2006 by JADESTONE]

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
why can't iraq and iran be buddies?

isn't it good that 2 countries that used to be at each other's throats are now making up?

the USA is feeding us info that iran supplies terror, we have no solid evidence to back taht statement, unless i'm missing something

maybe we just see iran as a threat because they openly defy us

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

"the USA is feeding us info that iran supplies terror, we have no solid evidence to back taht statement, unless i'm missing something"

Madness, don't forget that Iran is the primary sponser of Hezbollah. The reason most of Iraq's supporters here in the US are alarmed at this is because Iran is pushing for a regional theocracy (caliphate), with themselves at the top. Iraq is in a struggle to establish the first Arab democracy which would be a real victory for the people in the region who have been living under brutal dictatorships and Monarchies for years. Yes, I'm aware the west helped set those dictatorships up in the first place, but I think we've seen how dangerous a thing an unstable middle east can be.

I'm pulling for Iraq and hope those students in Iran can rise up like they did in '79, just in the opposite direction!

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
first off, we have no EVIDENCE that iran is supporting hezbollah

2ndly, hezbollah isn't an exclusively terrorist organization, as they are also a legitimate political party

finally, the number one culprit for the hindrance of arab democracy is the west, we stopped it from happening during the cold war so we could use strongarm dictators to fight as proxies

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well there goes that secret handshake again, how much longer do you think they can trick us?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
www.cnn.com...

That smarming little run running Iran must be wetting himself with laughter at all the death and destruction his troops are causing in Iran, and now, and now he wants to help 'stabilise the country.'

.... all these strange terror attacks on US and UK troops will stop, the mardhi army will lay down its arms and join the Police, (Islamic police that is) and the Sunnis are going to get a kicking..

The sunnis will be forced to A) Fight with the Americans, or B) Join the coalition of Iran / Iraq shiites...

Oh what a great irony. Iran as an iraqi peace maker...

mod edit, spelling/grammar

[edit on 12-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

I hate to be a little worried here. Does it bug anyone that this also sort of goes with the book on Revelation a bit. I mean, I know they wrote about 1500 BCE, but still, history does repeat itself about every 20-2000 years in events, so does it bother anyone other than me?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I thought we were there to give them freedom? Does this alliance not get covered by the idea of that freedom that they can pick and choose whoemever they wish to ally to? So far people have been upset at whatever they have done or said that was against US policy. Why don't people just come out and say we didn't do it to give them freedom, just our idea of freedom that abides by our rules. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
yea the book of revalation is crazy! About wars stirring up in the middle east? The mark of the beast. Im just waiting for the anti christ to come by and start claiming their god! It bothers me a little though about how isreal "the holy land" will be saved, and ive said this plenty of times! But isreal can do some pretty heavy manipulating. But dont believe everything you hear bcuz if you think that the word of the bible that was written thousands of years ago hasnt been tampered with, then your off your rocker

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, Did we really allow the right man to become leader of Iraq?
We are only there because they 'asked' us to be there..

so if Iran, the next door neighbor, who alot of the violence can be attributed to.. tells his Iraqi counter part that the Americans are more trouble than security.. and that Iran should shoulder some of the security crisis to help out..

Dont you expect Iraq to ASK the Americans to leave.?

What are the Americans really expecting to happen in Iraq now?
being Iraq is clearly warming to Iran, whom we are furthering our selves from...
After all we cant destory this country, put a leader in place, tell him we are mearly security.. then tel them who they can and cant ally with...

thats not a proper democracy is it ?

new topics

top topics

join