It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-abortion Terrorist Runs Car into Women's Clinic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
This man seems to be a lone nutcase criminal following his own agenda. A criminal certainly, but a terrorist?

He's just as much a terrorist as any Islamic radical attacking embassies and killing innocent people. Why is he any different?

By labeling such people as terrorists, are we not opening the doors for abuse of anti terror legislation

That door has been wide open for quit awhile now.

, legislation that was allegedly brought into being to exclusively target those organisations that use terror tactics for political gain?

One does not have to be part of an organisation or group to be a terrorist. He clearly fits the definition you provided.

From your source:

political, economic, religious, or ideological goal

It's not limited to politics. I think this guy falls into the ideological part, or the maybe the religious part, or maybe both. Hell he just might be doing it for all three reasons.

Sporty

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I take back what I have said. It is obvious to me that there are highly organised groups of people willing to perform such attacks on abortion clinics, and it is quite correct that these people be referred to as terrorists.

And that Sporty, is why it pays to read all the posts before typing out a reply.

[edit on 12/9/06 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I would tend to agree....considering how loosely the word terrorist is being used now days...this guy should be sitting in guatanomo with the rest of them....
I do hope these nutcases realize that if they hit women's clinics during the the times that they are open, they are more likely to KILL more babies and children than they are saving?? I mean, mommies tend to bring their newborns and other children into such places, that's why there tends to be lots of toys and childrens books in the places as well as the better housekeeping magazines.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join