It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Auto Forum) Favorite sports car

page: 1

join
share:
Cug

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
OK What's your favorite sports cars of all time?

Sports car is for the purpose of this thread is a 2 seater. No 2+2's sorry. (Pssst start another thread with (Auto Forum) for GT cars, hint hint hint)

My number one favorite is the Lotus Europa closely followed by the Lotus Seven.

But it sucks to be me, at 6'2" and well north of 250 lbs there is no way I can even fit into a Europa :bnghd:

Next on my list is the first gen Mazda Miata.

And one I can't afford.. A new Z06 Vette nothing like my other picks but ohhh babeeeeee!

[edit on 9/12/2006 by Cug]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I've never driven one of these, but if my means would allow, this would be at the top of my list of possibilities.

Honda S2000

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
games-all.com...

oh yea

anyone want to donate a couple of thousend to the Bodrul lotus foundation so i can buy me this car? its a good cause

Cug

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm not bashing Hondas here but...

There is something about them I don't like. I had 3 CRX's over the years and I drove a friends S2000 and they all seem to be missing something for a sportscar. I really can't put it into words without resorting to cliches "they have no soul" They just act so darn perfect it's like they don't have a personalty. Like I said I can't express myself without using cliches.

Actually I feel the same way about their motorcycles. (with maybe the CBX as an exception)

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i cant choose :/

i want badly a bugatti veyron but i think its a plane disguise with wheel. bugatti veyron

since im not Tom Cruise i could go for an evo 8 . the evo is the best kept secret, screw subaru. Thx to top gear for such amazing challenge, staged or not they are funny.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by eagle eye]

Cug

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well eagle eye I guess you will have to vote for the veyron as the Evo ain't a sports car!

A fast car no doubt, a great handling car no doubt... but a sports car it isn't.

(Note how nicely I avoided calling it just a fast taxi? OOPS!!)

Don't mind me I have a "thing" about 4 doors.. but it's still not a sports car

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
the evo got a nice rep on World rally champ. i dont know why a 4 doors saloon cant be a sport car, just give a look at the bmw m5

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
Sports car is for the purpose of this thread is a 2 seater. No 2+2's sorry.

Next on my list is the first gen Mazda Miata.

I was under the impression that a Mazda Miata [or MX-5 as it is known here in the UK] was in fact a 2+2.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Er...
If I make a mistake, and one of these is'nt a sports car, please don't be
to hard on me, I honestly know nothing about cars, accept what they
run on and basically how they work.

Mitsubishi Eclipse Concept E.
Ferrari Mythos.

top topics

join