It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spider-Man Will be Back in Black.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
After the events of Civil War, Spider-Man will be wearing his black costume.

www.comicbookresources.com/
In February, Spider-Man will be going back into the black costume. There will be a reason for this and in the post "Civil War" world it will make sense. There are a number of details that we're still working out right now, but we do know this will be the "Back in Black" event, so in all three Spider-Man titles and elsewhere he'll be appearing in the black costume. That will take place February through June. In July, that's when we're teeing up our next event.

This will be a treat, especially after having to look at the iron Spidey for the past few months

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I know I'll probably get some crap for this,but I actually like the "Iron Spidey" costume.
It added a whole new element to the character,and added a few new weapons to his arsenal as well.

That being said though,if they want Spidey to return to wearing the black costume,I ain't complaining.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

www.comicbookresources.com

Hunted, his identity exposed, and those he loves caught in the crosshairs; Spider-Man’s life has been a nightmare during Civil War, and the darkest days are yet to come. Now, the most recognizable character in comics finds himself donning one of the most controversial costumes ever as he goes underground and back to his black duds and must fight back to reclaim his life. SPIDER-MAN: BACK IN BLACK! Beginning this February, there is NO going back!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Spider-Man: Back in Black Checklist

I just picked up Amazing Spider-Man #539. I liked it so much I intend to pick up the rest of the story arc.

###SPOILERS AHEAD###

If you are reading this you likely know that Spider-Man's secret identity has been revealed to the world during Civil War.

The Kingpin hires a sniper to kill Peter Parker and his loved ones (Mary Jane and Aunt May).
The sniper fires a shot at MJ from an apartment building across the street. Peter's Spider sence alerts him and he pushes MJ out of the way but the bullet his May instead.
With May bloody in Peter's arms he yells as more bullets fly, narrowly missing him. He then places her on the ground and chants "No more" and charges out the door.
The next panel is from the snipers point of view and you can see Peter throwing a Jeep right at him.
Peter then picks up May and swings her to the hospital.

This comic was full of Peter's anger. While it reminds me a little of his reaction when his Uncle Ben was killed it really is more reminiscent of seeing the Punisher in action.

###Spoilers End###

I haven't read Spider-Man comics regularly since the McFarlane days.
With this book I intend to buy Amazing Spider-Man for at least the entire run of this arc.

new topics

top topics

join