It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S intentialy keeping the econimy down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
(Not sure if this belongs here)

Think about it...

If there is a bad econimy in the US there is less jobs...people become poor and unable to make ends meat

What do they do for money?

Why...join the army of course...they get there education (somtimes) paid for them , if they gain rank they get paid alot more than most jobs in the civilian world

So is the US keeping the econimy down just keep up numbers in the army?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
First, the economy is BOOMING in the US, probably at the top of the curve for the next decade or so. Low inflation, and incredible real production growth, as per-worker productivity continues to soar. Add in an unemployment # below 5 percent for over 5 years now, and it's difficult to argue that anyone is suppressing the US economy----if they are trying, then they really suck at it!

Second, the Military has already met its recruitment goals for the fiscal year, which ends sept. 30

Changing ethnic patterns in the US army

CBS: Army meets goals with signing bonuses

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Can I throw something in on this?
I SUCK at economics, so please bare with me and my caveman talk.

I read a thread a long time ago here, and someone actually tried explaining it to me, but I just dont understand this economic crap.

It is not that the government is keeping the economy down, but they are purposely keeping the value of the dollar down?????? By doing this they are able to revive the economy and bring down the deficit??????

Am I completely off target here?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thats a logical theory Faint but don't forget they still have the power to reinstate the draft *sighs* and don't think they won't hesitate to use it if we go to war with Iran.

BTW Lardo is right. The economy is an illusion. The dollar is probably only worth a penny if you considered the hyper inflation. When the economy crashes, the only money will be gold. I wonder somtimes if they will eventually let the economy crash on purpose. I believe the NWO will be run on gold. I think we will have a one world currency and it will be called gold before the NWO really comes to power.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
I believe the NWO will be run on gold. I think we will have a one world currency and it will be called gold before the NWO really comes to power.

I disagree.

Gold is something they cannot control. There are multiple sources of mined gold. Some country may discover it next year, and then that nation would suddenly be a superpower.

No, fiat currency is, by definition, totally in control of the government, and not the free market.

The important thing to remember is that all conspiracy despises a free market.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

First, the economy is BOOMING in the US, probably at the top of the curve for the next decade or so. Low inflation, and incredible real production growth, as per-worker productivity continues to soar. Add in an unemployment # below 5 percent for over 5 years now, and it's difficult to argue that anyone is suppressing the US economy----if they are trying, then they really suck at it!

Are you so sure about this? I live in what was for the past few years the fastest growing County in the US if not at least in the top ten. Suddenly, the growth just stopped. Foreclosures are at an all time high, the housing market is glutted to the point of people giving up on selling and putting the houses up for rental, now glutting the rental market. Meanwhile, the prices they need to rent out to support their investments are not supportable by the incomes of renters. Even those who qualify are landing in eviction within months due to their inability to pay their rent. Meanwhile the Sherriffs Dept is reporting up to 5 evictions a day (off the record). They are inundated. We are seeing closings falling through at the last minute with no real explanation other thatn financing falling through on the day of closing. Why?

The housing market is a major factor in the economy. Something is wrong here.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Are you so sure about this? I live in what was for the past few years the fastest growing County in the US if not at least in the top ten. Suddenly, the growth just stopped. Major national builders, some who have been here for 20 years are laying off at a fast pace, if not pulling out of the market entirely. Foreclosures are at an all time high, the housing market is glutted to the point of people giving up on selling and putting the houses up for rental, now glutting the rental market. Meanwhile, the prices they need to rent out to support their investments are not supportable by the incomes of renters. Even those who qualify are landing in eviction within months due to their inability to pay their rent. Meanwhile the Sherriffs Dept is reporting up to 5 evictions a day (off the record). They are inundated. We are seeing closings falling through at the last minute with no real explanation other than financing falling through on the day of closing. Why?

The housing market is a major factor in the economy. Something is wrong here.

new topics

top topics

join