It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth's crust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've heard that both the US Navy(??) and the Russians both once had digs to the Earth's crust, then mysteriously stopped... can anyone tell me more about this scenario, or where I might find more information? Thanks

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They recorded the sounds of hell,So they stopped digging.

Is this the dig you heard about?(It has been later proven a hoax)

Sounds of hell newspaper story and recording here.

and another ATS thread about the story here

Sounds of hell.....

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It would seem to me,this is just a guess by the way, that our equipment can only go to a certain depth. That's why the whole "the earth is hollow" argument is rather a moot point. We will never know for sure. One thing is for sure, if it is hollow, it must be so at quite a depth....deeper than we will ever go...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well I mean, if they did dig down far enough to actually discover anything(excluding the whole underground bases and alien fight) I don't think they would actually disclose anything scientifically unorthodox as to anything than sediment and tectonic plates that would be moving underground.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well, I heard this in an interview with a writer for a scifi show in the 70's who was inspired by news he'd heard regarding this story and based a script (very loosley) on it. When the writer, researching the script idea, called the US Navy he got the NO COMMENT below...
The writer claimed that both the US and USSR had opposing digs at one point. The USSR was digging from land, racing to get 'there' before the US, who was digging through the ocean floor. Both suppossedly stopped at a certain depth. When contacted as to why, the US Navy replied that it was 'top secret'.
I'm simply curious where this comes from... perhaps the article posted above, perhaps something else..?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
After something like 2 miles down, the temperature starts rising quite rapidly, I have read, and that makes it fairly difficult to dig too far into the crust. Not to mention that there isn't really too much to dig for. The temperatures and distances make the rather pointless job quite hard.

If you are saying that both stopped at pretty much the same distance, I hadn't heard about that. It may be that since the US and USSR were fairly similar technologically that their capabilities simply meant that they were each able to go about the same distance, and no farther.

If the earth really were hollow, then that would raise the question of why the earth is as massive as it is. If that mass is not inside the earth, then where the heck is it? We know the volume of the earth, its diameter, and its gravitational pull. Since we know its gravitational pull, we know its mass, and therefore we can find its density with the mass and volume. If the earth was hollow, the density calculation would have shown this in a way so obvious that no one could argue with it.

join