It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America wont forget

page: 1

join
share:
Ox

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Keith Olbermann of the Nation, one of the best news anchors of our time stood at "Ground Zero" for the 5th anniversary of 9/11 and gave an eight minute speech blasting the Bush Administration for it's lackluster and pathetic response to 9/11

news.yahoo.com
All the time, I knew that the very air I breathed contained the remains of thousands of people, including four of my friends, two in the planes and -- as I discovered from those "missing posters" seared still into my soul -- two more in the Towers.

Five years later this space is still empty.

Five years later there is no memorial to the dead.

Five years later there is no building rising to show with proud defiance that we would not have our America wrung from us, by cowards and criminals.
Five years later this country's wound is still open.
Five years later this country's mass grave is still unmarked.
Five years later this is still just a background for a photo-op.
It is beyond shameful.

How dare you, Mr. President, after taking cynical advantage of the unanimity and love, and transmuting it into fraudulent war and needless death, after monstrously transforming it into fear and suspicion and turning that fear into the campaign slogan of three elections? How dare you -- or those around you -- ever "spin" 9/11?

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What else is there to say about this really? He paints a very very clear picture. That the Administration has done nothing at all to remember the victims of 9/11. But the President is never afraid to mention it when it suits him to defend his war.

The article is a very good read and will open your eyes very wide.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Ox]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Mr. Olbermann's remarks last night were eloquent and moving. A stark contrast to the "same ol same ol" from Mr Bush last night...

It's nice to finnaly have a journalist with the guts to really speak his mind.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I understand what you're saying.... my only two thoughts are...

It isn't up to President Bush or his administration to...

Rebuild at "ground zero"...

or

Build the monument.... ( well maybe it is, but I'd think that the city of NY would take care of it..???? )

So, whats the point in arguing about it? More wasted words / time and energy.

Ox

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
And it's about time too. It's about time someone out there stood up for the American people and stuck it right up the Presidents rear end.. And that's what happened..
And I'm sure Keith Olbermann opened alot of eyes last night with what was said. Hopefully that will grow and grow and more and more people will stand up and speak out.

Its not a matter of WHO builds.. I think it's a matter of WHEN... It's been 5 years and nothing has been done at all.. And if Bush wants to use 9/11 as an excuse for just about EVERYTHING.. then he should build a memorial..

His excuse, his responsibility

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Five years later this space is still empty.
Five years later there is no memorial to the dead.
Five years later there is no building rising to show with proud defiance that we would not have our America wrung from us, by cowards and criminals.
Five years later this country's wound is still open.
Five years later this country's mass grave is still unmarked.
Five years later this is still just a background for a photo-op.
It is beyond shameful.

Well put.

However, one can't lay this one on the White House.
Still, it would have behooved them to certainly exert SOME influence with the city of New York, etc. to have SOME action on this by now.

Personally, I'm all for building a much taller building with an overwhelmingly large lobby atrium (many stories tall) with a memorial statue and name wall right in the center of the lobby.

Ox

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think they White House could have done SOMETHING though.. Not just sit by... I mean it would show a little initiative and perhaps something a little positive for all the negative junk this country and world have had to live through AFTER the "attack".. That's all I'm saying

top topics

join