It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! My first ufo photograph!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
for one, hot air balloons wouldnt and shouldnt go that high, cannot menouver like a jet fighter and if it was a jet creating a sonic boom, i somehow feel its not likely to get a still and not blurred picture of it from that altitude and distance...balloons?....those have to be the hugest balloons ive ever seen then...it looks transparent to me or maybe even white but still kinda see-through...
i honestly do not doubt you got lucky and got a pick of a UFO...but at the same time youll never have a 100% truth behind what it was..
later
~kiliker

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
....Identified Flying Object!
Can anyone else other than myself see that this ariel object is (drum roll) an airship!
One of the images submitted for scrutiny has all the notable fins and charactaristics of a helium airship as seen from a rear view.
Mystery solved..?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
kiliker30

hot air balloons wouldnt and shouldnt go that high

those have to be the hugest balloons ive ever seen

Ah! now you might be on to something, I had not thought of it that way, although I did notice the distance, I had not realy considered the altitude of the object.
Anyone like to hazard a guess at its height? as I said before I am not that great with distances.

I know there are some major expedition balloons that can reach amazing altitude and extreme speeds when they catch the right winds.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiliker30
for one, hot air balloons wouldnt and shouldnt go that high, cannot menouver like a jet fighter and if it was a jet creating a sonic boom, i somehow feel its not likely to get a still and not blurred picture of it from that altitude and distance...balloons?....those have to be the hugest balloons ive ever seen then...i
later
~kiliker

I don't think one can accurately surmise the altitude or size of the object from these pictures. It looks to be slightly above the cumulus clouds or even at the same level. So we're talking maybe 1500-3000 feet more than likely... easily within the range of hot air balloons. However, it's not likely a hot air balloon because 1) they generally call off flights when there is low cloud cover like that and 2) they generally don't do flights right before sunset due to the fact that its really hard to find a clear landing area in the dark and they don't have any steering (other than the direction of the wind at different altitudes).

I also don't think it necessarily had to maneuver like a jet to not be visible in the next picture snapped. With all those clouds, it could have easily slipped behind one of them.

So... what is it? I still think it looks like an animal shaped balloon, maybe a large helium advertising balloon that escaped its tethers. It was, afterall, Bank Holiday weekend and there were a lot of festival type things going on. Unfortunately, we'll probably never know

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
My camera seems to store pictures in jpg. format unless I select and take pictures in the highest quality Tiff. format (Tiff. are larger files and take up more room on the camera so I tend to use the medium quality).

I am not sure that I can get a higher quality download than the one in the origional post on this thread, any ideas?

Well, that means that those pictures are the best we can get.

But I suggest you use the TIFF format for getting the best of your camera when possible. The compression is very weak, so the files are very big, but the image quality if the best, TIFF compression does not produce those famous JPEG artifacts that appear as blocks when we zoom in on the picture.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thanks again for the pointers Zarniwoop, see you knew more about balloons than you thought
, still unless someone comes up with a new line of attack I think we could be going around in circles for a while.

I am going to take your advice too ArMaP, although it is a little more time consuming uploading/downloading Tiff files, if I ever find myself in a similar situation I will have the best hope possible.

Regards to you both.

I still like to see it as some sort of UFO, until someone completely debunks it

Anyone?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
Thanks again for the pointers Zarniwoop, see you knew more about balloons than you thought

First-hand... I've taken a couple of hot air balloon flights in the past. I highly recommend trying it at least once, as its quite an experience

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Somebody told me today that it is posible to have reflections of objects on earth in patches of hot air in the sky.

I have never heard or seen anything like that before but this chap was utterly convinced of this.

Anyone know anything about it?

I have googled a few ideas but get nothing, sounds too bizzare to me!!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
He was probably speaking of that effect that makes, for example, cities appear over the sea, like happened this year in China.

You can see what it was on this thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They can look like three or four bright objects.

Blurry or obscure images are the norm.

Its in hover or you would not have a picture unless

a video is trained on it as it takes off.

High altitude flight can look slow.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Now it looks to me like a UAV. Its the one that was white and is used in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
ArMaP

That’s funny, that was my immediate thought pattern when he brought it up and I tried to consider the possibility.

I suppose that it is possible if it was some sort of object out at sea, all on its own so that its reflection was isolated.

That picture you posted makes me think of a computer program with a blip, like its put the wrong background on the horizon, hundreds of people were supposed to have witnessed that event (or mirage).

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Teslaandlyne

P1010003 might be triangle craft

I don’t know much about these triangle craft; I have noticed that they are of great interest at the moment so I will have a read up on them.

I am hoping that you might direct any similar photographs or relative documentation in my general direction.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
great pics
keep looking up and keep taking pics like i said before the more the better

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I have to admit that's a true Unidentified Flying Object. A hot air balloon or private business jet, I don't believe so. Sort of unusual but I'm not going to point straight to it being an alien craft.. but there's definately the possibility. Hmmm

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
TR-3 or TR-4 might be an existing ship some one posted as if

it were an official Air Force air craft, he posted a drawing but

four bright dots on the bottom, one in the middle.

Great pics, I thought CYRAX was the only ufo catcher but its getting
popular now.

KUDOS to both.

See CYRAX's series of trail pics, good as any posted on the net, better
cause there here.

Best

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just been speaking to some random guy in the pub. (I know, I know) and he told me that he has seen an object that resembles this one before (over cornwall), at least he did'nt take me for a head case!

Has anyone seen a similar shape?.

Anyone from this area even?

Thanks to all who have posted so far and yes it does have slight similarities to the triangle craft, which I have been thoroughly researching after the sugestions, but I am a bit new to this Identifying object business, and I am still having trouble coming to conclusions.

Would love to hear some more ideas.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have done a little research to see if I could find any similar objects recorded on film or photograph.

So far I have come across just one which is from a NASA photograph, I have started a thread here for your opinions.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's a shame that I cant put a hyper link up here as my phone that I use wont allow me to do so.Here instead is the site address with simular photo's to yours sg. thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr/ufo_et.htm

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nemo1111
It's a shame that I cant put a hyper link up here as my phone that I use wont allow me to do so.Here instead is the site address with simular photo's to yours sg. thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr/ufo_et.htm

Thanks nemo1111, This one in particular show some similarity, Is this the one you mean?

UFO pic

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join