It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! My first ufo photograph!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
Zarniwoop

Tavistock is about 50 miles east of where the picture was taken and the object looks to be a further few miles off in the west direction, I am starting to think you could be right.

Were you there? did you see any balloons shaped similar to this?

I wasn't there. I was just curious as to why there would be a flying pig somewhere over the South coast of Cornwall, so I did a couple of searches on balloon festivals. It could have been some balloons left over from the festival that 'got away' while folks were packing up

Also reminds me of Pink Floyd's "Animals" album cover

Anyway, good luck on figuring this out.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
no its not a ufo its your photo or something on your lens

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
littlebird

Thanks for your input, how did you get to that conclusion? an insect maybe? have you seen this sort of lense problem before?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I cant see it as a lense or camera or even photograph problem as the lighting and shadows on the object seem to be in order with the distance and scale and direction of the sunlight which, is setting in the lower right side of the photograph.

I am more in tune with the hot air balloon idea, although the object seems to disappear very quickly as the pictures are only seconds apart, as I mentioned before there was no or very little wind.

If anyone can enlighten me on the tech/spec of balloons and thier propulsion techniques, it could sway me in to a comforting conclusion.

Anyone with any other viewpoints will be greatly recieved.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well, its still a UFO to me

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
When I first found out that I was able to photograph ufos; I, too had the problem of not being able to get close up shots of them; however, I knew what they were.

In the finish, my patience paid off and I was rewarded by two really close photos, one taken by my husband and the other by me. However,the craft were not visible to the naked eye. I had sensed their prescence in the atmosphere.

My husband is a profound sceptic, who loathes the subject of ufos, so you can imagine how he must have felt to know that I directed him to point his camera in the area where I had sensed the craft.

my photos

At the height of the object, and from what I can make of it, it doesn't appear to be a balloon, and the configuration of the object is wrong for a plane, unless it is a test model of a new aerodynamic design.

Don't worry, in due course and with patience, you will be rewarded. Just be patient. I have had ufo experiences all my life, but only recently have I been able to photograph them. The majority of the first photos the objects were too far away to be determined as to their identity.

I didn't worry. When I knew a ufo was in the area, then I would go out with my camera. I knew that there was a 50/50 chance of me getting a good photograph, as sometimes they can affect cameras.

I tried to photograph my first one (not the one on the website) with my Samsung Camera, which was a 35mm camera. All of a sudden, it was like I had no control of the camera. It was setting itself and shooting photographs, which ended up being blank. I don't know if it was due to the electronic field of the object, or what. I just could not get the photograph of the object. I left it for a long while after that and didn't bother worrying if I got them on camera or not.

Then back in 2002; I got the pringling sensation that alerted me to their prescence. I knew then it was the right time to take a photo.

If I am rewarded with any more good photographs I will share them. However, don't get disheartened in time; you will see you will have photos that then will make people call you a fake, as they will think you hoaxed them.

One rule of thumb: Never hoax any photos of ufos, or paranormal events-if you do when you come to photograph something genuine you will have already left your credibility in question. This is the reason any photos I publish are my own and if not I credit the person who they belong to-I will not hoax any photos of ufos, or paranormal for the public, or for attention. One I don't need that kind of attention. Being called a hoaxer to me is a degrading thing to be called.

Second rule of thumb: If it isn't genuine, don't publish it. I know your photo is genuine, but people do like to submit hoaxed photos and then admit their hoaxes later.

I see the ufo phenomenon as a serious subject. We are being visited without a doubt, but to discredit the subject doesn't really help us to understand it.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thanks for your support Rachel07, I will take it to heart.

Cool pic too, I have seen it before somewhere.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I'd have to say that this one looks like a camera or development problem. The object, whatever it is, is much too far away to get a reliable look at it. When zoomed up, it appears like it's three seperate dots, not one single craft. Because of that, especially since you said you saw nothing there at the time, it would probably be a problem during development (highly possible if your camera isn't digital), or during picture taking (a little lint + a beam of light = strange pictures).

However, since we don't know, then yeah - it's still considered a "UFO". But I doubt it's little green men, if you know what I mean

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yarium

it would probably be a problem during development (highly possible if your camera isn't digital)

I understand what you are saying and thank you for you ideas, however my camera is digital, and I have checked the picture on the camera and the object is also on there too.

Still, I suppose that the camera could have malfunctioned, although the object seems to have the correct shadows and lighting for the apparent distance and position.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Can you get the picture in RAW format?

If you can, then you could convert it to a better format than JPG, like PNG, that does not degrade the image quality.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
ArMaP

convert it to a better format than JPG, like PNG

I shall give it a go, do you know of any free or shareware programs that could change the format in to PNG?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It looks like a white monkey made out of marshmallows.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Fizzlepink

Thats the best explanation so far, it will keep me chuckling untill I go to sleep, infact I will probably dream of marshmallow monkeys now

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
On a more serious note: Has anyone got any information/specifications on how swiftly hotair balloons can manouvre?

And any ideas on photographic file converters, freeware/shareware?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Looks more like some kind of gliding rocket or something. I can see fins on the UFO.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Also it reminds me of a

space shuttle

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
wildcat

Also it reminds me of a space shuttle

I can see your connection but I dont believe that any shuttles can be seen that low over the UK.

I may be wrong, can anyone back that up?

Any other ideas?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
I shall give it a go, do you know of any free or shareware programs that could change the format in to PNG?

Sorry, I don't even know if your camera has the pictures in RAW format, I should have been more careful.

If your camera really has the images in RAW format and you can get them in that format to the computer you may try Photoshop CS 2, if you have access to it.

After a search I found this. I don't know if this works or not, my camera is an old Epson model that does not use the RAW format.

Irfanview is a very good format conversion program, but I don't know if it can read those RAW files.

[edit on 13/9/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
ArMaP

My camera seems to store pictures in jpg. format unless I select and take pictures in the highest quality Tiff. format (Tiff. are larger files and take up more room on the camera so I tend to use the medium quality).

I am not sure that I can get a higher quality download than the one in the origional post on this thread, any ideas?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have tried to enhance the files by changing to several different formats, but they all just reduce the quality.

I am 25% balloon 75% UFO (I dont mean U as in an alien UFO, just simply Unidentified).

Thanks very much to the few members who tried to search for answers, you are all a great bunch, unfortunately in my mind this will have to stay unexplained.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join