It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! My first ufo photograph!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hey there, I've been monitoring this site for the past year or so and I have posted on some meaningless discussion topics and a fun post as I felt the urge to be involved in this great open minded site, and all along I longed for something significant to post.

Anyway now I think I might have something.

I was taking a walk to a friends house on the 27th of August and I had my camera with me as I usually do (its just a simple 3.4m pixel Olympus about 5 years old) It was probably just after 9pm and as the sun was below the horizon I decided to take a picture of the colourful clouds. My friend was with me as we had just left the pub and he commented that the photo wouldnt really catch the colour in the clouds, but I took the pictures anyway.

I took 4 pictures in all, 2 portrait to the south west of where I stood which looked a little dark skied, so I took 2 more slightly more to the west, the first landscape and the second portrait, These looked brighter and ok at a glance on the 1.5" screen but not as colourful as I would have liked so we moved on.

The following day I put the photos on to my computer and I could see something strange in the third photo and nothing in any of the other three, they were all taken within a few seconds of each other and I cant see that a cloud could disappear that quickly, infact if you zoom right in it looks like nothing I have seen before.

Take a look and see what you make of it, I have posted the third and forth shot as they are the exact same spot in the sky and the other two shots are the darker ones, although it is not a problem to post them if you want to see them.

Look right in the center of the first picture.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just for a little more information these pictures are taken on the south coast of Cornwall UK.

I have zoomed and cropped the origional for a closer look.

Further zoom.

And further, a filter to bring out the image, I have lowered the brightness and raised the contrast:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It kinda looks like a personal jet or something.

Actually it looks like a giant floating white kitten... but I doubt it is.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Tsiv

Yes, it could be I suppose, yet it is not in any of the other pictures taken either side and I am no expert but isn't there usualy some sort of jet stream/contrail behind small jets, especialy in that sort of light.

Im not saying it isn't a jet (or a kitten) lol, just wondering.

Somebody must know what it is, with some sort of evidence ideas to go on.

Where are the experts?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
Where are the experts?

Give them time to respond...patience is a virtue (or something).

It's great that you were able to pick up an Unidentified Flying Object in your photograph and even a greater thing that you brought this to ATS and into the relevant forum to discuss this anomaly.

For that, a big thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
masqua

Glad that I can finaly bring a contribution of some substance (of sorts) at last.
I am still getting used to the site, but it has not failed to educate and amuse me since I came across it.

Great job to all at the top.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Need more information:

* Did you or any other witnesses notice the object other than post-op when processing the photo? What do the other witnesses say?
* Was there any other aircraft in the area at the time? What kind/how high/traveling in which direction/proximity to you&the object/vapor trails?
* Any other empirical evidence at the time of the photo? Sounds/smells/electric effects/even "feelings" by you or any other witnesses?

Depending on your answers; one possible explanation: Not all aircraft show visible contrails all the time. Dependent upon many factors, e.g., ambient air temperature, type of plane/fuel, altitude, etc. Also, fast high-flying aircraft will sometimes display visible 'flight surface vortices' only momentarily when passing through small pockets of air with different moisture/temperature (this was very clear on the Atlantis lift-off a few days ago. For a decent discussion and photo of another plane vortice, see www.ul.ie... Here's another: files.abovetopsecret.com... Do these look familiar?

Anyway - your shot is interesting, and there are several other possibilities, including: camera malfunction, computer malfuntion, doctored photo/hoax (not suggesting this is true), maybe even a possible UFO (with the emphasis on the "U").

IMHO, one possibility I'll discount here is the flying kitty one - though thanks for the smile...

Good luck - and keep up the curiosity and posting!

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Don't mean to ruin the sighting but it looks like a bundle of balloons.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Give me 15mins Outrageo and I will make a couple of phone calls and see if anyone rembers seeing anything that night.......

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ballons? Possibly - maybe a few lashed together. If you really want to see a bunch of balloons, watch any of Jaime's Mexico videos - Now THAT looks like a formation of balloons, e.g., @ video.google.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Outrageo

I had'nt seen the object at all until I transfered the pictures onto my computer and I did check that it was definately on the camera as well.

I just called the people that I was out with that night and they dont remember anything strange, yet they do remember looking at the clouds that I was photographing, also there was a group of 10 - 15 mountain bikers sitting in the pub garden watching me take the pictures but I dont remember them making a fuss about anything either.

There was no wind at ground level and we are in a costal village so I doubt there would have been much at that height either (although I am not great with distances).

It was a warm dry night.

I dont recall any strange smells, sounds or feelings although I had partaken in a few pints of premium beer by that time so I doubt that my senses would have been totaly in tune.

I have the origional pictures which I am willing to email if anyone wants them to prove that they are not doctored in any way as they have all the camera and exposure information and I think the date and time as well in the properties.

I hope that helps a little more.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well, xSG, my friend - I'd say you have an enigma then. If the experience makes you more curious and inquisitive, then it was still worthwhile however, even if you can't get a definitive explanation that satisfies you. With the limited info you have, you're facing mostly speculation and conjecture from non-attendees. With just the photo so far, I'm voting probability of 65%=jet w/vortice, 20%=balloon or other known, ~10%=photo/camera/processing anomoly, ~5%=unidentified/unidentifiable, 0%=kitty cat.

You may want to report the incident and upload the pics to your local/regional UFO network, though many on this board and elsewhere claim that is a waste of time and/or even counterproductive.

Thanks for taking the time to seek the truth...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
jbondo

Yes, I suppose it could be balloons, I have noticed that explanation in a lot of UFO threads on ATS I will post the first two darker pictures now to see if that helps at all, they were taken marginaly to the left of the two posted above but it might aid the disscusion in some way.

I am struggling to see where the balloons would have come from and gone to as there was no or at least very little wind and this is a very rural area.

Still balloons are a distinct possibility.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thanks for your efforts Outrageo, I might persist if I have the time.

0%=kitty cat. lol

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
No problem. In the meantime, here's a shot that looks a little more like yours -up close:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Outrageo

Yes, I can see what you mean now.

If I was seeing that from a slight angle or even from behind it could be another strong possibility, thanks again for your input.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

I am struggling to see where the balloons would have come from and gone to as there was no or at least very little wind and this is a very rural area.

Still balloons are a distinct possibility.

It looks like a high-flying piggy wearing white shorts.

There was a hot-air balloon festival on Aug 27 here...

www.westcountryballoons.com...

Is that anywhere near your location?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Zarniwoop

I have just checked the photograph properties and its a mistake on my part the date of the picture was: 28 August 2006, 21:25:47.

Which was actualy the day after (bank holiday monday), could they have still been around then?

Thats the best explanation I have recieved, and sounds quite promising.

Thanks for your help

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Can anyone give me some info on hot air balloons, how quick can they move?
Is it possible that this could be one? Should there be a heat source? anything?

Any help is most welcome.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Zarniwoop

Tavistock is about 50 miles east of where the picture was taken and the object looks to be a further few miles off in the west direction, I am starting to think you could be right.

Were you there? did you see any balloons shaped similar to this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join