It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunt for the Original Aurora

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
OK we all love the subject of Aurora here and there are perhaps enough thread already but this one deals with a particular part of the myth.

In the 19th and 20th century mathematicians decided to start from the basics, forget everything they already had been taught and derive everything from the fundamentals. One of the first questions they asked was "what is 1?" "what is 0?" and such. I think a similar method is required here since everything we "know" about Aurora is pretty much hear-say passed from website to website.

So lets start from the basics ... the Aurora myth all began when the now-fabled word appear on a budget sheet or such, yet Ive heard so many different stories about this budget sheet that once again the truth seems to be getting mixed up with myth. Some say that the word Aurora appeared under the list of "Reconaissance Aircraft", some say it came in a list under "SR-71", Ive even heard someone say that it was under a subheading of "hypersonic"!

Yet Ive scoured the web for a scan or digital copy of this budget and I cant find anything.

One lead is that FAS and Global Security (both with the same article) say that the word appeared on the "Department of Defense, Procurement Programs (P-1), 4 February 1985, page F-6, line 28".

Secondly this site says that the word appeared in the 1985 US budget.

So basically Im asking, has anyone EVER seen a copy of one of these documents, in fact has anyone ever seen an officila document with the word Aurora on it? Of course a FOIR could be made but it probably wouldnt get us anywhere, a copy of the original is the only way forward.

ISJ

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I seem to recall a brief glimpse of the 1985 budget document during a BBC Newsnight programme back in June

External Link to BBC Source

Maybe you can "watch again"

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
interesting thread.

While I do believe that it did say the name Aurora...no, I have never seen the official document...or for that matter a scanned copy.

I have looked on the net...with no luck. Went to DoD's site, and for some reason they only have 10 years worth of budget requests (2007 to 1998).

I emailed them for the FY1985 DoD budget Request...Hopefully I will hear back from them.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
As a reader of Flight for 30 years, I can still remember this story first breaking. I haven't seen the actual document but the sources you quote giving the origin as being in the DoD procurement section certainly tally with those first reports as I recall them

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Thanks for all the comments guy.

I think its really strange how the thing that sparked it all is never shown on the web or anywhere for that matter.

Ill keep looking.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
gfad, I also tried searching google for that elusive budget report and found nothing.

I suppose we could make up a conspiracy theory about how the NSA removed all such pages??

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
gfad, I also tried searching google for that elusive budget report and found nothing.

I suppose we could make up a conspiracy theory about how the NSA removed all such pages??

Guess what.i think the desigenation is known every where.they are even on viedio games and even articles(i dont know which one this time).the leaked.somehow

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by phsyco

Guess what.i think the desigenation is known every where.they are even on viedio games and even articles(i dont know which one this time).the leaked.somehow

Im sorry phsycho but I dont know what you are trying to say. We have all heard the designation Aurora, Im just looking for a copy of the document that started it all.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Dear gfad I am 67, I won't say how, but I know people in Russia who have seen with ther own eyes (trust worthy people by the way) perhaps THE only true picture of the Blackbird replacement vehicle, which went into service in the late 80's. Misinformation & the internet to be fair has spawned the name the name Aurora, but thats all it is, misinformation. Secrecy is a strange thing; 10,000+ people working on the Manhattan Project for years & years, yet the public knew nothing. Me I believe its out there & the yes it does come to RAF Machrihanish now & again in the middle of the night. It has filled these boards for years & one day soon we will see it, & say yeh Man ! we were right !
Peace & Honesty in the World Brother
Paris - New York in minutes

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
gfad,

I had this conversation with a friend recently via yahoo IM. Her dad was a "mockup tool mechanic" and had secret clearance while working for Lockheed.
I'm an engineering tech for local gov't and my friend from the conversation is a 30 year old sales manager from a large home improvement store. She has something for me but I'm not really interested in her in that way. I have gone out with her a couple of times and chatted with her numerous times. I trust her but of course that is no guarantee.

I posted bits of my conversation with her here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I recall they showed a document that was the budget request. It was most likely a mock up. You can see it if you watch the Aurora video on YouTube.

Most likely a mock up. I myself believe 100%ly that there is a craft of the build of the Aurora. Is it called it, I don't know. Aurora was probably the name given to the B-2 Spirit, since it was it's codename according to Lockheed.

Well, we're all going to have to find out when they release the info, until then only certain individuals know. And we can't be sure who they are, but.....

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
With the resent postings on the Aurora I figured that gfads post needs to be seen by people due to the fact that everyone throws this name around the forums when probably none have even seen the actual document. I think there is a dire need to revive the search for the documents. Also Murcielago have you or did you ever hear back from your email?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I agree with you Canaga_EH, thats why I started this thread. I seems everyone has heard of Aurora but no one can actually find the SINGLE piece of evidence which led it to be the buzz-word of secret aircraft etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well if we can't find it online whats our next option? People like shadowhawk may be able to point us in the right direction to finding information on the report this was released in. Even if we can't find the page, if the page is missing we are that much closer right?

new topics

top topics

join