It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we know where OBL is hiding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This has probably discussed a million times ( search showed no topics listed ), but earlier on the local radio they announced the results of there daily call in poll.

The question was.." Does the US Government know where Bin Laden is right now "

If I heard correctly, 95% of the callers feel the Government knows where Bin Laden is. b]95%...

Is this just a Canadian thing, or do the numbers reflect the way many Americans feel?

IMO, I believe the government knows OBL's whereabouts .

Whether it is for strategic reasons, or nefarious, reasons I could only speculate. The pros & cons seem endless.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I feel like the U.S Government is quite aware of where Osama is. I mean, come on, how hard is it to overlook an arabic man that stands 6'4"..... He stands out like a freakin sore thumb. Yet we say we don't know where he is at. Give me a break!!

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm gonna go with '6 feet under'.. since he may as well be dead.

Sick, dead, blown up, in cahoots with Bush family... whatever.. do we really think it matters anymore if OBL is alive or dead? Others would take his place; we would still be fighting 'terror' over there.. somewhere.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well a lot of the people in the know and the press think Osama and other leading Al Queada members are in Norhtern Pakistan.Heres a very recent BBC report on this.

BBC Where is Osama Video

I already have a thread similar to this here:

Help Catch Osama

Hope you find them interesting and maybe find some answers to your questions

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
simple

waiting to be called out by his best pal

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
simple

waiting to be called out by his best pal

Talk about the worst place to hide.
A million visitors a year and you think Osama would have been spotted. Better just to use the mountains, or some house in the mountains.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I believe he is in the Chitral area. Here's my thread started in March:

Timber Smuggling With Rockets in Chitral, Pakistan

If he is not there, maybe he is hiding in the northern parts of Sweden?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
isnt it easier to hide something in plain sight where no one would suspect it

think about it everyone thinks OBL is in a cave somewhere hence carpet bombing mountins and so forth who would suspect the white house

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My vote: He's either dead or holed up on the porous Pakistan western border - with the aid of, and under the protection of, the 'citizens', 'guests', and 'officials' in the Pakistani gov't.

I can't shake the feeling, however that we could've found him by now if we really wanted to. The corralary = we don't really want to.

There are 130,000 US troops chasing ghosts and their associates in Iraq, and just a fraction of that in Afgh/Paki - the disparaity is too conspicuous to ignore. Wouldn't an all out 'hunt and destroy' mission be more successful if those resource ratios were reversed?

After five years, we should've been able to tighten the noose more than we have. All we have to show for that mission is a big fat zero. Given the right tools and manpower - plus the requisite mandate - he would be found in a few months, tops.

There's obviously more at play here than we'll ever be privelage to... Like much of the intriguing, highly worthwhile discussion at ATS - maybe we can help solve at least a portion of the 'why' question - if not the 'where' one...

Good luck - nice thread(s)

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
My vote: He's either dead or holed up on the porous Pakistan western border - with the aid of, and under the protection of, the 'citizens', 'guests', and 'officials' in the Pakistani gov't.

Unless there is proof he is dead, we have to assume he is alive.

I can't shake the feeling, however that we could've found him by now if we really wanted to. The corralary = we don't really want to.

We have killed many of Al Qaeda's top leaders, (not to mention allies who have done our bidding as well). Its pretty hard to catch one man hiding in a very large mountainous region. How long did it take us to capture Saddam? How about Zarqawi? And that was in a populated area and not mountainous.

There are 130,000 US troops chasing ghosts and their associates in Iraq, and just a fraction of that in Afgh/Paki - the disparaity is too conspicuous to ignore. Wouldn't an all out 'hunt and destroy' mission be more successful if those resource ratios were reversed?

Took us months to capture Saddam and thats with hundreds of thousands of troops invading earlier of the war. And took us 3 years to get to Zarqawi. Kudos to intelligence and special forces who made it possible.

After five years, we should've been able to tighten the noose more than we have. All we have to show for that mission is a big fat zero. Given the right tools and manpower - plus the requisite mandate - he would be found in a few months, tops.

Geography and population, not to mention being in Pakistan its a no go for American special forces. Don't want to get Musharraf overthrown do we now?

[edit on 12-9-2006 by deltaboy]

[edit on 12-9-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thanks for all the good responses.

I think it may have gotten off topic a bit as to whether his location is known by the government rather than where he may be hiding.

My question was does the US Government know where he is at this very moment, but refrain from snatching him up due to reasons they care to keep quiet.

Some speculations could be? Possible 'trump card' to be used at a later date when his capture would benefit the powers that be

Side note:

Heard something about Bush vowing to capture Bin Laden on the news last nite, could this be a prelude to them bringing him in now, to boost the governments ratings in respect to the War on Terror?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Wouldn't suprise me if he was back home in saudi arabia and the US goverment knew it, they seemed to want to keep details about the saudi's out of numerous goverment reports for some reason after 9/11

new topics

top topics

join