It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair's TUC speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have to say, he has just wiped the floor with the protesters there. he is coping well with the heckles from the back.

For those who cannot see the speech, there are a group of protesters from some of the Unions holding signs and wearing t-shirts with "troops out". what was suprising, is that Blair just stopped when he was talking about the middle east and made a reference to the protesters, which shut them up and resulted in a round of applause to Blair.

even though im not a fan of Blair, he knows how to shut a crowd up.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
You'd have to be blind, deaf or just simply so closed-minded and partisan in your out-look not to recognise TB is one very formidable and very capable politician.

He didn't drive change in the Labour party (often going out on a limb which, had things failed to happen, would have seen him finished) or win 3 general elections on the trot without having a major dose of political skills and talent.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
He didn't drive change in the Labour party (often going out on a limb which, had things failed to happen, would have seen him finished) or win 3 general elections on the trot without having a major dose of political skills and talent.

well,sminkeypinkey

i thought that was down to poor opposition

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i thought that was down to poor opposition

- Well, OK, that too.

But you can only 'fight' that which is before you, it's the enduring pity of our mortality.
Thatcher v Kier Hardie.
Gladstone v Wilson.
Churchill v Blair.
MacDonald v Major.
Fascinating stuff (both ways too, with each getting a 'go' in their own time).

new topics

top topics

join