It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the general public should realize

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

huge numbers of people are still living behind dirty fenced camps with no rights and soldiers with guns at the gates. They are being poisoned by pollution from the factories they sleep next to...the factories BBC reporter greg palast was arrested and charged as a terrorist a cpl days ago for taking pictures.... he wanted to show america that these victims were STILL being victimized living in these CONCENTRATION CAMPS and EXXON the owners of the plant next to the camp used the police like their own private security to have him arrested UNDER THE PATRIOT ACT.......[/qoute]

Do you plan on presenting actual proof or are you going to keep spouting indendos/falsehoods?

not sure what an indendo is lol but if you meant inuendo....then plz specify what exactly my inuendo is? Just to clarify I agree with you asking for me to state my source. So I wont respond with the same aggressiveness as your post. Im glad your asking because it means you are interested learning truth. SO to address your request for proof here it is: I heard Greg Palast call in live to Alex Jones show a few days ago( i think the 13th or 12th...but i know he mentions it again in yesterdays, the 14th show)...he called in, after finding out that he and his cameraman were being charged under the pretense of terrorism, the terrorism being something to do (i cant remember exactly the term and i do not want to misquote the official charge) with endangering infrastructure....basically at least some of his rights were being observed because when he demanded to know who was behind these charges he was told it was Exxon Corp...who own the plant which is next to the camp where these katrina victims are still being held. He was there to to a report and show america the conditions in which these people were being forced to live in so long after Katrina. He reports that according to people inside they arent allowed to return to their homes, there are guards who limit their movement, and crime is rampant inside as expected with so many people being contained there for so long. Sounds like a concentration camp to me......and Exxon would have given him permission to tape and even given him a tour IF basically he produced a piece spun in Exxons favor, but he wanted to show America what these camps really are...and thereafter he has been charged under the banner of terrorism for the pics of the camp showing the Exxon plant in the background. This is garbage as the plant can be found by anyone using google earth or whatnot. AndI gotta wonder that if the plant is not a infrastructure risk as its location is publicly available, just maybe its the camp (more specifically the conditions in the camp) that they dont want people to see. Greg Palast is a well respected journalist and BBC is generally pretty respectable. Since he called in himself to confirm the news on top of reports of his arrest I see no reason to doubt his claim. If u care for the truth i welcome you to check it out for yourself and if you hear anything new on it, post for us all plz. Oh he also mentions how hes talked to his lawyer and he hopes they will back down but as of latest i heard the charges still stand.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Furthermore, Mike McCormick, one of the rescue workers from ground zero (the one who found the american flag in the rubble) and one of the guys to expose the lie regarding the air pollution immediately folllwing 9/11 thats killing firemen and policemen (not to mention every single rescue dog is now dead). McCormick was recognized by Bush and co in public (photo op no doubt) but when he returned home was met by police officers asking for him to sign off on papers stating they wanted to his tenant but didnt have a warrant, then when he signed being trusting since these police officers should be like his brothers, they inform him that "someone" called them reporting suspicion of chemicals. He allowed officers in still being cooperative, even informing him that he had an unloaded handgun in the house that he had a permanent carry liscence for in his homestate where his other house is. Now i dont know US gun laws well,but as he was in another state, he is supposed to have some sort of 48hr carryover lee way or something or should be allowed to mail it home or somthing like that. SWAT teams shows up a little too quick for them to have not been ready beforehand and point guns at his head and start screaming at him to freeze. They basically accuse him of being a terrorist when it was clear, HE HAS SPENT MUCH POST 9/11 time TRAINING people in hazardous materials lessons. For the feds...and they have guns pointing at him. This man was recognized as hero, yet is treated like this for exposing the EPA pollution coverup. While he was taken downtown to be processed, this SWAT team had an hour and a half to ransack his house.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rightwingpatriot
What I don't understand is when people talk about the "doing nothing" after Katrina, they always mean the federal government. Why not blame at the local level? .

Because the local population is incompetant. Not only that but since 90% of the city is black they can use the race card to excuse their incompetance. lefties jumped all over the incident and gave it widespread media attention so they could make a case against bush. What was Bush supposed to do? go down and airlift these people out? there were too many and the helicopters they did send GOT SHOT AT!!!!!

The truth is these people didnt help themselves and the real failure was in their local "chocolate" government. BTW they re-elected that idiot who locked himself up in the highest motel room he could find

Maybe if they spent less time ripping off beer, sneakers, and plasma TVs, they could of gotten some camping gear or whatever they needed and got the hell out of dodge.

These people sat around thinking the government was going to save them and rotted. I think Id of been getting my ass out of there.

BTW all your fantastic ultra-liberal "humanitarian" news reporters brought supplies with them and instead of sharing them when they could they hid them out of sight!!!

The real tragedy is the leftists excuse this slave mentality in blacks and dont help them to think for themselves. They expected the government would save them. They have been taught from day 1 to rely on someone else.

The best thing the blacks could ever do is distance themselves from slimeball leftist "democrats" and other groups that offer handouts and start pooling their talents and making their communities self-sufficient.

That is why when tragedy strikes white communities it usually doesnt make the news and the damage is swept up and fixed.

people on this board may call me a racist, but the truth is sometimes hard to swallow.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by Rightwingpatriot
What I don't understand is when people talk about the "doing nothing" after Katrina, they always mean the federal government. Why not blame at the local level? .

people on this board may call me a racist, but the truth is sometimes hard to swallow.

no...racism is hard to swallow...since you say its because the town was 90%black....clarify for me then...are you saying the 10%non blacks are not in the same mess now? or are u saying that those 10% deserve to be there for behaving in the ways YOU claim are racially motivated? I guess its tough luck then for them too huh...

btw you fail to address the original issue which even inclusive of what you say, doesnt change the fact that the governemnt has shown them that they dont care, since these people are poor and black i guess according to some, and all their lives dont seem to be worth even one fighter plane, or more bullets for the soldiers

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna
Wow....... for one thing, "they" are paying for your education with OUR tax dollars so please, do not say "they" as if it isn't everyone who pays taxes.
Always,
Shawnna

No "they" are not. Landshark is getting what he is owed. The same as any government or corporate employee. The education benefits are part of his compensation for the services he provided. I'd rather see Landshark put this money to use instead of it being handed out.

Shawnna, In my opinion welfare programs do more harm than good. I'm not against giving someone a hand up when things are tough, but our current welfare system isn't the way to do it. I was the beneficiary of a government program myself and it changed my life for the better. I was part of a retraining program that came about because of the end of the Cold War. With it I was able to attend college and get away from the $7.50 per hour machine shop jobs that I had been working. Funny thing is, that this program was later cancelled due to a lack of participation.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by landshark

Originally posted by Shawnna
Wow....... for one thing, "they" are paying for your education with OUR tax dollars so please, do not say "they" as if it isn't everyone who pays taxes.

Until we realize that when one of us hurts, we all hurt, nothing will change.

All I can say is there but for the grace of God, go I.

Always,
Shawnna

Don't forget that i pay into the system also.
I don't know why you are being so arrogant about this, I as a veteran am entitled to this money, I earned it and payed into it. This is a benefit to possibly being killed in action, and the hazelwood act is a Texas only program. So if i am taking your tax dollars, just let me know and i will gladly give it back to you.

landshark id like to ask you honestly with no disrespect intended at all, seeing as you are a veteran, how do u feel then about recent report denying gulf war syndrome to be specific enough to be considered a true syndrome therefore denying these fellow brothers in arms of yours any sort of compensation or help with health care? I'd really like to hear from your perspective...do you know many people that fought in the middle east during this war of desert storm who are now ill?and you know how much fighters and tanks and stuff cost, and you know how much incredible machinery your armed forces has, dont you feel ripped off knowing that a couple of these machines could really help your fellow veterans?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Or_Die_Trying
that INSIDE their country, the devastation of Katrina remains, people who lost everything have not received much if any at all assistance. These people were already poor (which is why they are being ignored). now add this to the equation...

a single f-22 raptor costs about 130million dollars......a single raptor...you imagine if the funds for a single raptor, maybe a couple tanks a bomber or two and so on...how much money would be available for the victims or katrina not to mention the education system which is laughable now and other social programs like health care (thank god i live in canada). Does the general US public not know? or do they not care?

600 billion dollars a year goes to Health and Welfare.

only about 400 billion dollars a year goes to Defense.

The rest to various other things.

So what you're saying is let's give more to the losers who were too stupid to leave a HURRICANE ZONE instead of defending the United States from a more pressing enemy such as Russia?

(And we're not discussing Russia's problem here that's obviously an issue for elsewhere).

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

landshark id like to ask you honestly with no disrespect intended at all, seeing as you are a veteran, how do u feel then about recent report denying gulf war syndrome to be specific enough to be considered a true syndrome therefore denying these fellow brothers in arms of yours any sort of compensation or help with health care? I'd really like to hear from your perspective...do you know many people that fought in the middle east during this war of desert storm who are now ill?and you know how much fighters and tanks and stuff cost, and you know how much incredible machinery your armed forces has, dont you feel ripped off knowing that a couple of these machines could really help your fellow veterans?

I hope you are ready for a realistic answer.

I am not sick, nor do i know of any one who is or was. Desert Storm was a very short war, yet there were still claims of illness acquired in action there.

If you live in America, the chances of catching some nasty virus from the surrounding environment is very small. However when you are in another country, you run the risk of bad infections or illness because our immune systems are in an alien environment. ( this is just common knowledge, i am no scientist ) IF you run down to Mexico you had better bring your own water.

Whatever these men are getting sick from, i hope the answer is found soon, but i would not be so quick to assume that these soldiers symptoms will be ignored.

I can tell you one very important thing from my own personal experience. The military gave me a home, food on the table, some of the best medical care, not to mention the other benefits all soldiers receive for their service. If you want to be part of a family that cares for you, service is the answer. Its not easy, and there is risk.

No, I will not lay blame to something with out more evidence.

To answer the second part of your question, our arsenal is not for sale.
Not for any reason. I don't feel ripped off. This is my country, my home.

Has that answered you question?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
yes you've made your personal opinion and position clear on the issue, and while you and probably will never agree on this, i respect your opinion all the same. I only hope everyone else regarding this issue or any issue that effects entire nations will also have a strong but well thought out opinion. The evil comes from those who either have no basis for their opinion or would rather not think about issues at all. Leaving matters to the hands of others is the same as giving up your rights.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

yes you've made your personal opinion and position clear on the issue, and while you and probably will never agree on this, i respect your opinion all the same. I only hope everyone else regarding this issue or any issue that effects entire nations will also have a strong but well thought out opinion. The evil comes from those who either have no basis for their opinion or would rather not think about issues at all. Leaving matters to the hands of others is the same as giving up your rights.

Here, Here, isn't it nice that we can disagree and still be civil. I may be a bit quirky, but i am a nice guy once you get to know me. And if you play pool i would like you even better

top topics

<< 1   >>

join