It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of president stepping on 9-11 US flag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Reuters

A photo of Bush, stepping on, to quote the above link:

U.S. President George W. Bush and first lady Laura Bush stand on a carpet commemorating the date of the attacks of September 11, 2001

Bush-bashing (oh I love the alliteration of the right! They have the best slogans!) aside, I think any stepping on the USA's flag, especially on 9/11 isn't exactly a Rovian move.

It reminds me on a retired Marine friend I know, who has the Marine Corps insignia as his doormat at his front door. Seriously, true story.

mod edit:Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 12-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I hate Bush but that pic looks photoshopped, look at the size difference of his feet. If just doesnt looke right to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Here is the YahooNews link at a different angle: LINK

Of course, they use Reuters photos, and their photos have been rather famous lately!

If it is not photoshopped, could Bush's handlers be so stupid?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't think that the pic has been "shopped", but really, who cares?

I don't.... big deal if he stepped on the floor matt. That is clearly what it is as well.

Now if it was an actual Flag that he stepped on, then yeah, people should be upset...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Agreed, e-Done.

I'm amazed at how many otherwise fruitful discussions on ATS soon degrade into a political whipsawing of Clinton-bashing/Buss-bashing hollow arguments that mean almost nothing in the larger scheme of things. Isn't there a "We Hate Each Other" forum someplace these folks can slither off to?

BTW, IMHO the pic sort of looks photoshopped, not just because of the foot size differentce, but it just looks like an anotomically awkward way to stand - like his hips are disjointed or something. And even if it isn't doctored - e-Done is right: BIG DEAL

There are so many fadcinating, time-worthy topics of great interest and great import here (thanks ATS!) - why waste time on this innocuous bit of nothing...

Anyway - Good luck all - we'll need it...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Maybe I am in the minority, but stepping any flag, IMHO, is out of bounds. When I was in Iraq, I came across this building at an Iraqi base where the USA's flag (with a Star of David on the 'stars' part) was painted in front of the door, so you had to step on in when you walked in.

If you want to burn, or walk, or urinate on a flag, hey, that's your right. Freedom of speech and all of that. I don't agree, but I'll fight for your right to do it.

But in my humble opinion, responsible adults treat the flag of their nation with a certain respect, walking on it doesn't qualify. Especially if you are the leader of that nation, on frickin' 9/11!

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Nah Curme I am with you on this one, I do not blame Bush really though.. I mean he should watch where he is walking and if he respected the flag enough he would walk around it.

Isn't that a wierd place to have a doormat? Honestly.. who put that there.. what for? Why not more.. why just that one bit of sidewalk?

Aside from that, it isn't very smart to let the president walk on a flag in election season, intentional or not.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Um, is it just me but... Its a DOOR MAT... They are made for you to wipe your feet on. Now would I do it? No. But I can't sit here and say that Bush did anything wrong. Sheesh, you liberals will spin anything around to make Bush look bad.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah, seems to me the idiot in this case is the person who designed the floor mat. What was he/she thinking?

Let's get to the bottom of this. Where did this mat come from, is it a one of a kind? Was it done intentionally to dis the flag? Find this person and get some answers, I think it's a wacko with ulterior motives.

new topics

top topics

join