It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simply having a vent.....could use your help!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I'll start by explaining the point of this thread. Recently I've been having a bit of a bad spell, we're talking about 2-3 weeks here. I relised this morning what it was that was getting me down; I was just noticing how so many things just seem wrong or unjust at the moment. The amount of propoganda and hate mongering on television, Afghanistan, Iraq and now the developing situation in Iran. The massive gulf in conditions for the peoples of the world, we wallow in excess, junk-food, Wide-Screen Tv's and two cars, and there are people in this world so hungry they'll eat bark in order to stay alive......not to mention our overflowing prisons ( an idea I disagree with on a fundamental level), the degredation of civil liberties, failing schools and increased social tension....I don't know, it all just seems fairly bleak at the moment with no real hope for improvement!
Below are the three things that cause me the most discomfort and anger, the things that cause my bile to rise that little bit higher! I ask that you contribute your own below.......we could then compile the list and give it to the leaders of the world as a sort of check list on how to sort this sorry mess out once and for all!!
Thank you for reading mine and look forward to reading your responses.

1. The slightly intraverted, suspicious or guarded nature many people have adopted, as a consequence, either directly or indirectly of the current climate. Look on the bus or train when you travel to work, most people have their phone out, their Ipod on or they are reading a magazine or paper, each thing a distraction preventing them from engaging in the most basic of social niceties! Can you guarentee that most peopel would great a warm smile with one of their own, or would they insead look awkward, unsure what to do with such spontanious interaction??? *....If only everyone were as friendly as those people I accosted last Saturday at that DnB Rave...*...

2. The level of corruption and the Callous disregard for human life displayed by the governments of both the United States and the United Kingdom. Although this is in no way indicating that they themselves exclusivly hold this accolade.

3. The shockingly large number of people that know so very little concernign the War on Terror, from its birth up untill now. Only last Friday I was at a house party and talking to a number of people about 9/11, nothing to deep, just trying to ascertain what there knowledge was as I knew they had never looked into it with any interest. They had no idea that a building 7 even existed, let alone that it was brought down on the same day. They new nothing of the massive insurance claim. The collection and 'evacuation' of the Bin Laden family, or even that Bin Laden was a Cia operative for many years! All of this shocked them, they even went as far as to look on the internet at the time to authenticte my claims, and when proved corrct, they were left truly dumb-founded! It was like the wool had been lifted. The most remarkable thing tho, was that they all stated how incredable it was that the mainstream media had not picked up more ferociously on these topics. Incredable indeed!!! I wonder how many people are this ignorant to the facts, I fear it could even be as high as almost 90%!!

Your turn guy's, vent away......................

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Malacalypse23]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hi Mal, Perhaps people missed your Rant, or are just fed up with Ignorance

I copy you. People in the "outside" world are so possessed with themselves that it is sickening.
Let's talk about our latest improvement, the weather, for Gods sake a topic that won't disturb the illusion of "peace".
The majority is blind to even the simplest needs of their neighbor, why then be concerned with global events?:bnghd:

They are so ignorant of the basic necessities of life that I would state they are a hazard to human survival, YES
My advice is take real good care of your more intelligent friends
WIS

[edit on 15-9-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malacalypse23

1. The slightly intraverted, suspicious or guarded nature
[edit on 12-9-2006 by Malacalypse23]

Oh, Slightly, that is an understatement, it is scary. I raise my head and look people straight in the eye, mostly I receive a zombie expression.
In my self it creates fear I do not trust people who don't acknowledge my presence, is this a specific "human" behavioural trait?

Sorry Mal I am a very poor qouter, I still can't figure out how it works.
Why are people so scared of interacting:bash:
WIS

join