It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza doctors encounter 'unexplained war injuries'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I just ran past this article, thought I'd share. Is there some sort of new weapon giving people unexplained war injuries?

By Donald Macintyre in Gaza
Published: 04 September 2006
Doctors in Gaza are reporting what they say are unexplained injuries among the dead and wounded in operations by the Israeli military, which have killed more than 200 Palestinians in the past nine weeks.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) is considering whether there is a case for an investigation into the injuries amid suspicions by the medics that the injuries were inflicted by what they claim may have been unidentified "non-conventional" weapons.

Source

Edit** Found this link too, it offers more info on the types of injuries, like patients being burned clear to the bones, or ruptured organs, with no signs of an outward wound. Source

[edit on 9/12/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'd like to see the rest of that Artical... and maybe another source.

This does give rise to an interesting thought. Isreal and the US have been working on some co-oprative weapons research projects. I wonder if the Lebanon war was used as a testing ground for some of these projects, much like Desert Storm was for US toys?

We know that Isreal is into Lasers.
MTHEL Laser Defence System

I wonder what other toys they could be working on. Sonic weapons? Plasma?

Still, we prolly shouldn't go overboard with the speculation. All we've got right now is a rumor. Unknown injuries are fairly common in battle. Wierd things happen when people start blowing eachother up.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Medium-to-large explosions create a shockwave that can turn organs into jelly; we've seen this before, for years.

As to the burns, there are several possibilites, especially since the article doesn't mention whether we're talking civilian or Hezbollah casualties. The burns could be from amature rocket launchings gone bad, or could be from Israeli phosphurus, combat flares, or just point-target muzzle blast.

As to the fragmented organs, medium-to-large explosions create shockwaves which can destroy internal organs without making so much as a scratch on the body.

I think those are more likely explanations than top-secret laser technology...especially the MTHEL, they tote that thing in a friggin semi, it's for shooting down missiles lol. There'd be nothing left to identify if you hit someone with that.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Astygia]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Palestinian Ministry of Health suggested that the medics' reports raise suspicion that Israel could be using "unprecedented" projectiles with "radiant" substances.
Aljazeera News

Now what does the radiant sunstances include? Could it be laser, or microwave like technology? Telsa kind of stuff
There is no telling what kind of futuristic weapons the governments of the world posses.

"We think this should be studied. In some cases we have opened the abdomen and found very fragmented organs," said Dr Juma al Saqqa, the director of public relations at Shifa Hospital, describing injuries of some of the victims as "very strange".

Same source as above quote.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There were similar reports of strange 'war injuries' during the recent Lebanon conflict...the most disgusting was the report from a Lebanese doctor treating the wounded who found shards of plastic protruding from the wounds of several patients from what was determined as a new type of anti-personnel weapon designed to explode with plastic shrapnel rather than metal...the idea being that plastic shrapnel will not scan on X-ray images, so cannot be located and extracted...sick, sick, sick!!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Yeah that's sick alright! I'll see if I can find a news source for that what you mentioned.

top topics

join