It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Language. Subliminal Influence. Caution: This may alter the way you think.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am a little relunctant to throw this one out there, but here it goes .....

I wonder which way you are looking to for the "end of time" signs. From which direction shall it come from?

what was that number?

six six six

siks siks siks

backwards .....

skis skis skis

skies, skies, skies ....

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Football is a man dominated sport, a testosterone (test host here/hear one) is most assuredly one of the dominant variables in the sport.

Are we consciously aware of all our cells infuence over our decision making process?

In football we have men (NFL is a male dominated sport) who perform different tasks in the team. There are those who block members from the other team, there are those who tackle members from the opposing team, and there are those who's task it is to carry the ball to the goal line.

In the late 1990's doctors and scientist were astonished to discover that not all sperm are programmed to go directly to the egg. Since women would often have multiple partners at their time of ovulation over the past few 100 thousand years it was not uncommon for women to have live sperm within them at the same time. At any rate, scientist and doctors discovered in the last 15 years that some sperm actually form a line of defense to actually block the sperm from other men from reaching the egg. They also discovered that some sperm actually ram and attack sperm from other men, killing and maming them, making them incapable of reaching the egg.

Just like we have discovered in the last 15 years that a man's individual sperms are assigned primarily as blockers for other men's sperm, and some sperm ram and kill/mame/incapacitate sperm form other men like tackling, and yet others are programmed to go directly for the egg ....

We can see that perhaps part of us already knew this, because we have been playing it out for years on a much larger scale when we play football. An arguably testosterone dominated sport.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Have you ever noticed that people are inclined to want to stair at stars?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes, fascinating and I'm sure we're being manipulated for profit via juxtoposition of phrases, words, letters, overtly visual and subliminal images, embedded rhythms, colours, light pulses, etc. etc.

As someone's already posted, Keely net is a master at pulling the language to pieces and reassembling to show possible intent.

But, it's well to remember that the brain and the mind are two different things; are separate.

As in: The brain is the hardware -- the mind is the software.

Which is how we are able to be 'in two minds' about something.

The brain is organic, is subject to disease and decay. The mind is eternal. So while they can screw with the brain, the Mind is the Overseer, the Protector, the Disseminator, the Big Kabunga. The Mind is connected to the infinite. The brain is a great little machine, a real work-horse, but it's far, FAR from being all we are.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Esoteric, you are right. I remember that at one time supermarkets were using subliminal programming to encourage buyers to purchase certain goods.

It is the subconcious mind that reads the subliminal messages, as they are not easily recognised by the concious mind.

Your post is great in explaining subliminal programming for anybody who has no knowledge of the subject.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thanks guys.

proceeding .... (another stretch of the imagination) .......

the first two people.

Adam and Eve.

The guy (pronounced gi) married the female Eve. Now, as is the practice these days, the female usually loses her last name and replaces it with the name from the guy, but the female does retain the beginning of her name.

Now, after the first guy (pronounced gi) married the first female, perhaps she retained just the beginning of her name, the f, and after they got "together" and consumated thier love, they became one in the same the gi linked to the f and they became gif. The guy was first, and then the female, but only retained the first part of her name. After they became gif and Adam accepted Eve's gift they were told to leave the garden where all was safe and they need not walk around with their guard on.

fig leaf

fig leav

gif vael

gif fale

gif fall

fig leaf

gif(t) fail

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Before we learned to walk, before we learned to talk, before we learned to control our own bladders ..... ... concepts were introduced to us by those who we admired the most, those who provided us with our security and guidance .... . .. .

Up is what we looked up to. Up is where our older sibblings were. Up is where our parents were. Up is where heaven is. Up is always portrayed as positive ...

Up = good.

We knew this before we were 2 years of age.

Down is negative. The grave is down, beneath us. We sometimes got in trouble for getting dirty playing outside, and the dirt was bad. when we fell down it hurt, and reinforced the concept that down is bad. And then there was religion which taught us which way hell is ..... down.

Down = bad.

We knew this before we were 2 years of age.

In our language we read and write from left to right. Reading to slow and you may be left behind, while reading right is right. Left is our past, where we have been. Right is our future, where we are going.

Left = Past

Right = future

Up = positive/good

Down = negative/bad.

Go sign your name on a blank piece of paper, preferably without any lines, however lined paper may be acceptable as well.

Payroll signature, please.

..... ..

No, seriously, go do it. I'll wait.

Ok. Now reflecting upon what you accepted as true from an early age let us look at your signature, together.

remember :
Up=Good
Down=Bad
Left=Past
Right=Future

The purpose of this exercise is to hopefully consider that things we have overlooked about how our minds actually work may also show up in our shared reality, whether we are consciously aware of it or not.

Let's give it a shot. Here are 4 examples i know of that our subconscious mind effects how we sign our own name, i hope you enjoy. The 5th example is one which may be used to determine if someone has suicidal tendencies:

1) If there is NO i or j in your name, please skip this one, and proceed to #2.
Where do you dot your i's, or j's?

Is the dot right above the stem of the i? Then you have a personality that is more prone to "being" in the here and now, usually focussed upon the moment in time you are currently experiencing.

Is the dot left of the i? Then perhaps you are more prone to being a person that spends a decent amount of time in reflection of the past. You probably spend time thinking about something from your past, or perhaps you are just thinking about the past at the moment you were signing your name.

Is the dot located to the right of the stem for the i or j? Then perhaps you are a person who spends alot of your time thinking about the future, or considering consequences of the decisions you make in this moment.

2) What about your "luggage"? What do you carry with you when you sign your name? How big and low are the loops in your y's, j's, g's, q's, etc ...? Are they consistant in size and shape? Remember down is negative, so if they are inconsistant, or are unproportionatly large below the baseline (the invisible line if you did not use lined paper)? These are negatives, that you include in your handwriting and signature. The meanings of which you should probably know better than i do, but i do know that the placement within your name of such digits that include loops below the baseline means different things. For instance if there were two letters in your last name (surname/family name) that create a loops, but the shape and form and depth of the loops are noticably inconsistant i could say with some level of assurance that you have siblings, furthermore i could make an educated opinion of how you think (positively or negativley) towards your sibling.

3) Your middle initial. Didn't include one? Re-sign it real quick.
Now, remembering that up is good, and down is bad, look at your middle initial. Is it above the baseline, or does the bottom of it fall beneath the baseline?
If either is the case, if it is higher than the baseline you either like your middle name, or you know from who your middle name came from, and you liked them. If your middle initial falls below the baseline, but shouldn't, you probably don't like your middle name, or do not like the person your middle name came from, and who you were named after.

4) Do your letters lean to the left or right? If they lean to the right, then you are a person who is stretching forwards, reaching for a goal which you have set for yourself. You are purposfully driven and motivated in life right now, for the most part.

Do your letters lean to the left? Then you may be just left handed, or you may just feel as though you are having difficulty adapting to changes that are occuring in your life these days.

5) Suicidal Tendancies:

I've got to run, but i'll be back.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sorry for the break of thought, i am an on duty fire fighter at Nellis AFB, and we had a call, so i had to run.

5) Identifying handwriting characteristics for people with Suicidal Tendancies, and/or prone to thoughts of Suicide:

Scroll up to review one of the preferred keys utilized in handwriting analysis, by the FBI, and the CIA .. . . .

Look at their round letters, letters that should be round, like thier o's and thier a's.

Percieved pressure and stress from their environment and the events in thier lives may indeed be seen in thier handwriting.

i have curse

i've curse

i've curs

reverse the words, and connect them ... ...

cursive.

5) (continued) are their o's and a's oblong, squished, not that round? The pressure being applied to them in their everyday life may also be in their handwriting. Also, if they write with their right hand, does the top of their letters lean towards the left? This may be a strong indicator that they feel as though they are overwhelmed. They may feel like they can not keep up with the adaptations they must undertake to keep up with the changes that are occurring in their lives at this time.

Cruise i fix.

Cruise (like auto-pilot, or cruise control, perhaps?)

Cruise i fix

Crus i fix

Cruc i fix (c also makes an s sound)

Crucifix

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If you want to have a kid just take your Reverse kid and fill in where it is bold lettered and put it in her .... .. . ..

slang

g nals

g = g is for god

nals = payback from a god that stated in his book that he is "the word".

god's nails

slang

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
as a few members here have pointed out, not everyone's brain is the same.

We have some differences in the ways our brains have adapted to fit our percieved needs.

We have adapted to integrate pertanent information, and make it easily available to recollect.

As i understand it our brain cells have numerous appendages, sort of like arms. The brain cells i have seen have 5 usually.

These "arms" reach out to adjacent cells and form a neuronet, a web of sorts.

But, these arms are not "fixed" or stuck in position, they can move from one ajdacent cell and reach out to make a connection to another adjacent cell.

However, when an "arm" from one brain cell has had a long relationship with another adjacent cell for an extended amount of time, a long term partnership forms, and it may be far more difficult to remove that "arm" from the cell that it has had the long lasting relationship with. And these laong lasting relationships, the overwhelming majority of them, reside in our subconscious mind and make up our automatic responses, like Maslow's drooling dog experiment with the ringing of the bell.

Making our mind consciously aware that these need to re-arrange can be a tasking event for one's mind, especially if the truths have been truths for decades.

I wonder if what people consider as "a mid life crisis" isn't our subconscious mind reaching some kind of "critical mass".

mass.

A large group.

mass.

Church.

mass.

Church is conformity.

conformity

conform .... conformity ....... being the same

same

sam

ssam

mass.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What, no comment on the missing dollar exercise you used?

I haven't seen a single thing in your threads that indicate why a word turned backwards with some rather dubious stretches in logic to bring about other words is somehow subliminal. From dictionary.com

sub‧lim‧i‧nal existing or operating below the threshold of consciousness; being or employing stimuli insufficiently intense to produce a discrete sensation but often being or designed to be intense enough to influence the mental processes or the behavior of the individual: a subliminal stimulus; subliminal advertising.

Where is the influence in what you are talking about? Just because some people don't know the origins of the word breakfast, doesn't mean their mental processes are being stimulated to eat. That is a function of physiology. Same same for the gun - nudge stretch. This does not make me want to go and nudge someone with a gun. And I'd be very surprised if it made someone else.

These posts relate to word games, nothing more. I fail to see the point of what you are trying to say. You seem to have got a few WATS for your work, so you have obviously struck a chord with some people. But I really don't see how this relates to subliminal influence.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willard856
What, no comment on the missing dollar exercise you used?

I haven't seen a single thing in your threads that indicate why a word turned backwards with some rather dubious stretches in logic to bring about other words is somehow subliminal. From dictionary.com

Really? not one single thing in my threads has indicated why a word turned backwards with some "rather dubious stretches in logic" would somehow subliminally influence a person's behavior?

"the dubious stretches in logic" usually include first breaking the word down and spelling it phonetically, like a child would spell it, applying spelling that is consistant with how we were originally taught to spell, using the actual sounds that the letters make.

Then, in other cases it is merely referencing "Law of Association", how our minds work, connecting the new to the pre-existing truths that they are compatable with.

Our subconscious mind can recognize patterns we consciously can not, or more to the point, usually do not.

Source/Link:
www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk...

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Or rather...

According to a researcher (sic) at Cambridge University, it doesn't matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be at the right place. The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without problem. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself but the word as a whole.

sub‧lim‧i‧nal existing or operating below the threshold of consciousness; being or employing stimuli insufficiently intense to produce a discrete sensation but often being or designed to be intense enough to influence the mental processes or the behavior of the individual: a subliminal stimulus; subliminal advertising.

i thank you.

Where is the influence in what you are talking about?

Curious. What practical purpose for women's heels on their shoes is there?

Does it help their posture?

No, in fact heels hurt their posture.

Is it more comfortable for their feet?

Go put a pare of pumps on and walk around in them for a day, and let me know how better your feet feel.

Does it help them move faster, more proficiently?

Again, go put a pair of high heeled shoes on and run for awhile.

What possible practicallity to high heels provide?

.... .. .. . . .

I've noticed a lot of guys calling eachother "Dogs" over the past decade, or longer.

If these guys are being called a "dog", and calling eachother "dogs", that is fine with me.

but if you want a "dog" to follow you, i believe the command is "heel".

Or perhaps you are a boob man?

Do you hold reverence for them?

Do you "praise" them?

praise here

praz here

flip the first letter around and it becomes ..... .

brazhere

brazier

praise here .. .. .bra

coincidence?

perhaps just another ""the dubious stretches in logic"?

I concede, not all of my examples may be consistant with how everyone's brain functions at the cellular level. We do not all store the information the same, and the cell in my mind that quantifies d for me may be adjacent to the cell that quantifies b for me, however your mind may indeed have those brain cells located in areas that are not adjacent to eachother.

Just because some people don't know the origins of the word breakfast, doesn't mean their mental processes are being stimulated to eat. That is a function of physiology. Same same for the gun - nudge stretch. This does not make me want to go and nudge someone with a gun. And I'd be very surprised if it made someone else.

Out of hundreds of supplied instances you discredit the entire "theory" because 2 are easily dismissed in your mind?

You feel there is absolutley no supportive evidence throughout this entire thread that supports what i have presented here?

If that is the case, ok.

incidently, i like your solution to the "where is the other dollar" scenario. It was merely an exercise to show how things can be viewed at a different angel which does not support any logical conslusion. It was meant to be a rhetorical exercise to stimulate thought and self evaluation. Having said all that, your solution is well explained, and thoroughly thought out.

But, they did not pay 8.33333 for the room a piece. However, you did manage to explain where all the money is. KUDOS!

These posts relate to word games, nothing more.

You may be right, they may be all coincidental.

I fail to see the point of what you are trying to say.

i know, but i am trying to relay the information as best as i can. i will continue to do so. if the logic behind it all elludes you, or is just not making enough sense to you, then disregard it, disregard my entire thread here.

my feeling will not be hurt, nor my pride. And, i fully understand your perspective, and hold no grudge.

You seem to have got a few WATS for your work, so you have obviously struck a chord with some people. But I really don't see how this relates to subliminal influence.

I have to be honest with you. I have used my WATS many times, but i really do not know what the end result of recieving them is.

Do i get a prize if i get enough?

I'm not here for points, most people that are make it apparent with their posts.

I am just trying to give examples of how our subliminal minds influence the words we create, as well as how we percieve them. If you feel strongly enough that this simply cannot be, i strongly urge you to think of me as just a kook.

No harm, and certainly no foul.

i whole heartedly thank you for your contributions.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I certainly don't think of you as a kook. I love word and mind games, and think it is a wholly worthwhile exercise. Certainly more beneficial than watching the crap that is put on TV these days! I'm simply trying to understand why you think these word associations influence our subconcious. Of course, this is hard to prove or disprove. My interest in subliminal influence is things like shopping centres pumping fresh bread smells through the air conditioning so that people go to the bread section (which is usually at the back of the store, forcing you to go through all the other "buy me!" aisles first), or casino subliminal influence, such as O2 levels, paying machines, and other subtle pschological ploys (in fact, considering where you are, you probably have some thoughts on this).

The missing money problem wasn't something I was looking for kudos for, though I thank-you for your acknowledgement. It frustrated me for a few minutes because I knew there was a simple solution. Once again, I see it more as a word and arithmetic game than an example of subliminal influence. But then, maybe I'm just too blind to see. Which is more my problem than yours.

WATS are an acknowledgement that your fellow ATS members find your posts interesting, informative and/or factually correct to a high level of fidelity. If you get the most WATS in a month, you get a medal thingy that sits below your avatar. Oh, and some people, like me, award WATS because people act in the spirit of community, don't get upset when questioned about their posts, and generally come across in a polite, friendly and community-minded way, irrespective of whether I believe or agree with what they say. And that's why I'm awarding you a WATS right now. You're pretty chilled for a firey at Nellis!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

kill odd

kil od

replace the "k"with the other letter that makes the same sound .... ..

cil od

flip the "d" at the end ....

cil op

reverse . .. .. .

po lic

po lice

police

It is not my intention to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that our subconscious minds are doing the things i contend our subconscious minds are doing.

It is my intention to raise awareness of the possibility and plausibility of such a process existing within the workings of our minds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW THOUGHT >

Have you ever been engaged in a one on one conversation in a crowded room, or crowded area in which many conversations were simultaniously taking place?

At some point in the conversation you were totally focused on the words from the person you were having a conversation with. Their words became more clear. The other conversations seemed to fade away, didn't they?

What caused the other conversations not to be heard by you?

Was there some mechanism within your ear that resulted in you isolating the person you were talking to?

did your ear choose not to hear the other conversations?

Or, were all the other conversations heard, but seperated in your subconscious mind, and stored in a subconscious "file" somewhere?

Because you were not consciously aware of the other conversations, did you not here them? Did your brain not integrate the other conversations?

Now, what if at some time in the future you are faced with a delima, a problem, in which your subconscious mind has an answer for the problem because it heard the answer to the delima from a conversation between others in that crowd while you were only choosing to listen to the one you were talking to?

If your subconscious mind influenced your actions to your delima because of what it heard, but you ignored, would you still be consciously aware of the justification for your actions if the reasoning for your actions only resided in your subconscious mind?

Would you consciously know why you did a thing, when the reasoning for it did not reside in your conscious mind?

Would you know that you were influenced by something you were not conscious of?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Willard856,

Thanks for the explanation on the WATS. I will give your contributions some more thought.

I am not only trying to show how language may be influencing us, but how our subconscious mind may indeed be influencing our language, and how it is made.

Who creates new words?

Is it not a democratic process of sorts, our collective minds agreeing upon what words should be, and how to spell them and pronounce them?

We do collectively (for the most part) agree upon words, but these words are still uttered by one individual, and then spread, i would think. But, of course this is not the case with inventions or consumer goods, usually.

I'll press on, and as i have a more appropriate response to the issues you address in this thread, i will supply them.

Thanks again for your contributions, and for having instigated my thought processes, i too am providing a wats for you.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Is this why nothing complex is figured out in Connecticut? Connect, I Cut.
Or look at my avatar: "Wal Mart" makes me "ill"

Wal (reversed) Law
Mart
Ill

Mart-ill Law

Martial Law

Why did it take so long for the US to enter WWII? We did "not see"
Not see = Nazi

And remember that laughter is just an S away from slaughter.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I don't think this post is all a good idea although interesting and one can agree to a certain extent of a language conspiracy it has its bad points. People use this kind of theory in how we think like this post has reported in criminal organisations and prisons as I have seen programmes on how inmates communicate. Its a bit of a code system also in how people speak and can be used for the wrong purposes and worse make one go mad as your mind has to switch meanings to things, almost delusional patterns of thought that can be used in bad ways. I would rather delete this post than try and build another language which could in turn becomes codes for the wrong reasons.

Yes there are mental links; people have mental libraries and ways to remember things. Language is also built upon this system as a lot of English has Latin routes and meanings, which make me, think if this post is really that unique.

All I am saying is this is not always a good thing don't mix your mind up its does more harm than good. If we could wake up from the real world and if we are all perceiving it wrong reality all of a sudden do you think our minds could cope? I think not because we have been away from it from the start. David Ike tells how we are in a holographic universe but at the same time if we could see any further we would be out of this world and if not nuts, maybe people can see more but we can not always cope and some become crazy, we should not try and go too far to look at our selves as being unreal because we would not recognise it if we did and we would basically be living a hallucination of a life called delusional living. Only if God makes contact one can actually see beyond our conscious. Why did the Prophecy see everything in symbols because the mind could not translate what they were seeing or they had no knowledge of futuristic landscapes? We have not become spiritual by what we see only feel and experience odd things. Yes we could have word with other meanings it’s a bit of a Bible code is kind of like that.

All I am saying is keep it real, but don't over do it you will be seeing all sorts of things because you have hypnotised your self into it by the time you try and work out your neurotic process of the mind.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
here's my 6 cents:

It's all about choosing your metaphores (meta-force?) and finding depth in language, not about absolute reality. Never confuse your symbols for the real thing. Don't eat the menu. I believe all the members of this forum understand that, so where's the harm? This theory does, of course, have limits. You could argue that John Lennon was a spy since he sang "Power to the Peep-hole," which is fun to consider, but I would hardly base any actions on such things. Plus, without this elasticity of language we would not have such amazing authors as James Joyce or William Burroughs, etc. Say the word "food" a thousand times. Do you feel full? No, you probably feel more hungry. Symbols are maliable. Reality is a symbol. Connect your own dots.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Let's look at this from a different angle, how our conscious mind rules over our subconscious mind, and how our thoughts alone may have a deeper effect upon ourselves than we realize.

Follow the logic. I may take a few sharp turns, sorry.

What is 0 plus 0?

0, right?

What is 0 + 0 + 0?

Zero, right?

What is 0 + 0 to the infinitum?

any amount of zeros added together shall still be zero, right?

Remember this, and amount of Zeros added together Zero.
-------------------

Sharp turn, sorry ..... . ..

If enough people tell you enough times that you are ugly, wouldn't you start to believe it?

If enough people tell you enough times that you are stupid, wouldn't you start to believe it?

recollect our last assumption that 0 plus 0 plus alot of zeros still equals zero.

Now, go look in a mirror for me.

How many were in the mirror?

How many do you see when you look in the mirror?

The "sane" person will answer "One".

Your brain cells were utilized to tell you that you were only veiwing "one", which is all you saw in the mirror.

You think of yourself as "one" self awareness.

You think of yourself as "one" self consciousness.

You think of yourself as "one" intelligence.

But, in the process of doing so, the very brain cells that were utilized to recognize only a macro-organism were told that they are ...... . .

Zero self aware, Zero self conscious, and Zero intelligences.

Are our cells self aware, to any degree? we think not. hence: ZERO SELF AWARE.

Are our cells self conscious, to any degree? we think not. hence: ZERO SELF CONSCIOUSNESS.

Are our cells intelligent, to any degree? we usually think not, we usually don't think about them at all. hence: ZERO INTELLIGENT.

If we think each of our cells are zero awareness, zero consciousness, and zero intelligences, then our cells, and the brain cells that constituted the thought itself have had to know that they don't exist as life, sentients, self aware, intelligences, nor do they exist in our conscious mind.

What is a bunch of ZEROs added together?

One according to our thoughts as we look in the mirror.

If enough people tell you enough times that you are ugly, will you not start to believe it?

If enough people tell you enough times that you are stupid, will you not start to believe it?

If enough people tell you enough times that you do not exist, will you not start to believe it?

Do we tell our cells that they do not exist?

How can a bunch of ZEROs added up together equal "One"?

Just a thought ... . . . .

Could mental instability be a result of some kind of cellular rebellion of sorts?

I'm becoming more and more convinced that if people fail to confront their own fears, or even acknowledge them consciously, they do manifest their fears in our shared reality, and often they are unaware they are even doing it.

----------------------------------------------

New, but parrellel thought ... .. . .

Have you ever seen that three monkey thing with the covering of their eyes, ears, and mouth?

We find objection with our own reality.

We find fault where we look for it.

We look for fault first, because of our cellular genetic disfunction of "Self Preservation". This instinct results in us first and foremost looking for how someone or something can harm us, or the faults it possesses so that we can manipulate and control it to our benifit. It is instinct for us.

We judge, and when we judge something as "Evil", or "bad" we tend to not want to have anything to do with it.

But, as we grow older we accumilate things, ideas, intangible concepts, people, and objects that we have passed judgment upon, and have decided long ago is not good for us.

And as we accumilate these things that we have already labelled as "evil", we do not want to consciously experience the stimuli that they provide our senses.

And back to the monkeys .. .. . . . .

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil .. .. .

Judge enough as being evil, and you will be denying yourself sensory input about your very environment, your life experiences.

If you have long ago decided things both intangible and material are evil, you deadon your senses to them, without consciously really knowing it sometimes.

If you judge enough as evil, you will not see, you will not hear, and you will not speak of it, consciously.

You are in effect devorcing reality, and in the process you are becoming less aware of your motivators, because they are subliminal at this point, because you have chosen not to know of it.

Summary for this post:

Hear no, See no, Speak no evil?
Then how can you be denying ignorance? You are merely accepting to ignore, and if you are ignoring, then you are a practitioner of accepting the majority of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Another 30 cents or so:
We are not born with a sense of what is "real." We are taught. How do we learn? Through the use of symbols (words). We mold a fraction of our subconsious into a web of symbols to make reference points. This web of symbols, we call Consiousness. The experience of life, seen through this web, we call reality. To say that we must not get "too far out there" is to say we needn't grow as a species. Those who have pushed themselves to the brink of insanity have given us those things that I hold dear: the arts, advanced physics, spirituality, the list goes on. We all live in a state of controlled insanity as it is, so to let go of the reigns for awhile is not any more dangerous than being blind to the incredable depth in which the human sphere of experience can reside. Try not to forget, as the creator of this forum has mentioned, that we are aware of almost nothing that is going on inside our mind. Recall also, that what we perceive "outside" is still perceived from within, hence we are nearly unaware of "reality," so to argue that we must not veer to far from this abstract idea of "reality" is laughable.

p.s. I believe in cellular intelligence.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Missletow]

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Missletow]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join