It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<3 Love For ATS <3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
sometime after 9/11/03 i was messing around on the internet , looking for video of 9/11, and i stumbled onto ATS.

instantly this site became my favorite. i spent the next two years reading through the archive , and enjoying the numerous threads posted everyday.
finally i decided to join 9/7/05.

its not just the moderators, the three amigos , its also all the people who make ATS the best .

you could say i fell in love with ATS at first site. im sure im not alone , so i now ask, did anyone else get this feeling when they found ATS? and ill also ask , how did you find ATS?

im sure its all our favorite.

peace

[edit on 11-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I stumbled on this site by mistake after typing in Area 51 on Google
And was directed to the archives.I instantly fell in love with the site and hw mature
members be have.I was a visitor for about 1 and 1/2 years until i joined,

To this time the only thing I regret about joining this site is the lack of sleep i get on good threads

ATS your always in my heart

TRw

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i know what you mean by losing sleep on ats. ive always told myself ill sleep when im dead .

its funny how most members were lurkers for a very long time. i think that is because of all the material offered on ats. it takes forever just to eat the icing on the cake here.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I found ATS while searching for the meaning of life. I think it was a search about religion that gave me an ATS link, and I haunted the boards for a few months before I became a member.

I was careful about choosing a user name because I intended to stay around for a bit, and as you can see, once you start, you can't stop.

I've seen a lot of boards on the net, and ATS is the best.
You just have to look at the moderating that goes on, and read the T&C to realize that these boards are the best on the net.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I always stop and take the opportunity to give a shot out to the site that has given me so much...

It was just after I moved to the Keys that I stumbled upon this site when doing some personal research on Skull and Bones. I surfed on this site for over the next year until I finally decided.."what the hey" might aswell join.. its free

This site has alot of great topics from the serious to the silly.. and has been most enlightening and entertaining. The staff is consistent and always keeping proper ethical conduct as an important goal(I have seen some other sites that really degenerate quickly due to the lack of respect and tolorance of difference for one another.

Keep it up ATS...

Deny Ignorance,Apathy,Boredom

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I was bored, and ATS appeared on my screen. That was it for me.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I was looking for a place to discuss politics, the WOT, Bush and the condition of the world without being told I was either "too harsh" or called some name I cannot repeat here.
A nice middle ground where people could discuss openly how they felt without being jumped on. I wanted a place where there were plenty of people with differing opinions on the issues that were important to me.

ATS was (and is) perfect!

I've been here every day since then...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I found it while trying to find out any information I could on Shadow People. I think my first post was even about them...

This is the only forum I've stayed a frequent visitor on for multiple years. The main reason is because, even if it gets ignored, a moderate voice doesn't get flamed here. Which is nice. The other reason is that this is the only forum I've ever found where the mods weren't on a total psycho power trip or absent altogether.

I've tried other forums... a lot of them... and any time a remotely interesting thread of conversation got started, a mod would pop in and say something like "we don't discuss religion/politics/etc" and lock the thread, without even so much as a warning or recognition of some of the great dialogue taking place.

ATS flies in the face of all these conventions. As much as I don't care of the extreme views of either the far right or far left, I love the fact that we can actually talk about controversial things to our heart's content, and I almost never see a locked thread. To me, that's the best kind of business there is.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I found it while trying to find out any information I could on Shadow People. I think my first post was even about them...

It is difficult to find good information on them isn’t it?
This is one of the things ATS stands out with, people sharing personal moments. This is why we need to be careful when people are telling outlandish tales. We want to deal with hoaxers but we also don’t want to scare away anyone with true experiences in the “unknown.”

ATS has changed me since first registering as a member. I’m not a totally different person, but I am more open to different viewpoints and opinions.
Lots of love for ATS

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
thanks guys for reassuring me that im not alone when i think ats is above and beyond any other website out there .

does anyone know if there is somewhere around here that tells the story of ats. like when the idea of ats started. what it took to actually make it reality. i think it would be interesting to hear about. im guessing 9/11 had alot to do with the creation of ats. i assume such because one of the amigos is from manhattan. hell maybe it was just an idea created over lots of beer and pot. who knows?

peace

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I was turned on to ATS by a coworker that was into SETI. There was a lot here that didn't turn my crank but the political discussion hooked me. Since then, you CT are turning me. "Damn you CT".

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
the ole saying goes...

There's a thin line between love and hate...

that being said, I once again Love ATS. I had to step away for a couple of months a while back, but now I'm here and involved and can't wait to see how the 3 amigos continue to improve this site and make it the absolute best on the web.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
does anyone know if there is somewhere around here that tells the story of ats. like when the idea of ats started. what it took to actually make it reality. im guessing 9/11 had alot to do with the creation of ats. i assume such because one of the amigos is from manhattan.

peace

ATS' actual beginning was four years BEFORE 9/11.
Simon Gray was interested in Military and Government secret programs and the like. There's a start for you to research the rest.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
my research skills suck more then my speling, but ill try my best . i do need the practice.

thanks for replying though , peace

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It was Christmas eve and I was trying to get away from my family...

The strange part of the story was in doing so I actually found them...here.

If memory serves I was over at Rense and clicked a link to read a story. At the end of the story was a list of resources and ATS was one of them. I clicked on it and that was it, I never looked back.

I've often said that since I joined on Christmas eve it means I was your Christmas present. Santa had run out of coal.

I've been here everyday since. The good folks make an honest effort to deny ignorance and thats hard to find in this world. I love this site.

Just my story,

wupy

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
here is proof i dont completely suck.

handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Who doesn't work tirelessly on the great ATS in making this website much more than just a tiny alcove of the internet? I know that my controversy has mysteriously encompassed everyone of this crazy place, but trust me when I say that the truth in all its glory is well worth it. Not at all boring and all of its many topics are completely open to discussion; the website that's fast gaining immense noterity is definitely a one-stop-shop of sorts. I like to think of it as a Tim Horton's/Dunking Donuts to the Starbucks just down the street that is Google. Intersting and provactice are its mainstays of its most resilient members in the many great strides taken to going about an open mind the proper way.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
World wide seismic event thread of 2003 brought me here.

hearts and kisses and smoochies to ATS.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I was looking for phophecies and this website appeared. Little did i know that i would spend the rest of my life coming here and spreading my cheerful charm, my "out there" views with so many like minds.
I was sold. I had wondered to others, but there's nothing like it out there.
Ever notice if you post anything on other boards, you get the feeling you are all alone....and the comment before you has a date of 2004?
To me, it tells me someone is not minding the store and those subscribed are not regulars either.

I like ATS because the're always huge numbers of people here minding the store.

I like the fact that we're all here daily and that says a lot for this website. I never expected to really get into it, but i did and i am glad.
Arguments or not, we are one big happy family and mos of us know to turn a blind eye to those we dont agree with and still be civil...most of the time.

we have our
characters here...I'm one of them...but overall we love and respect each other's point of view and i'm happy its the way it is. I wouldnt have it any other way. Thje occasional "you're ignorant comments " are ok too. you think about what you posted and you realize Hey! I did say something ignorant!
you rectify it and move on!!!

No matter what I say, know that i love ya all and respect your opinion- My virtual friends...I'd make Chicken soup for you if you needed it...travel great distances to see you. I do want expenses paid.

Strangely enough, those who do not agree with me are my best friends.
Which goes to show you a thing or two about real friendship and turning a blind eye.

I LOVE YOU, ATS!!! ALL OF YOU.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
its cool to hear something different brought us all here.

i saw a guy start the other day who found us because he was a big foot ethusiast.
i can just imagine how events such as katrina or the tsunami boosted ats membership.

peace all i must cook dinner for my kid.

new topics

top topics

join