It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck calls for Individuals to Debunk 911 Conspiracies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
While channel surfing a short while ago I changed to the Glenn Beck show and on it he had one individual from Popular Mechanics and essentially asked for more people to debunk all conspiracy theories regarding 911. So put your hats on there will be a big resurgence brewing because Glenn is out to Get sites like ATS

Sorry no link or transcript, but you can watch his reruns later tonight and later this week I assume a transcript will be online, just wanted to forewarn everyone.

Discussed were:

The two of them then went into the bomb theory that allegedly was supposed to have blown up one of the towers by showing what theorists used versus what scholars used. What was used by conspirators was essentially just showing one spike on a sizemograph against the full actual sizemograph that shows what lead up to the spike (meaning a series of smaller spikes on each end that lead up to and after it fell) which according to them clearly shows it was no bomb since there is no defined spike at one point but a series of spikes before and after it fell which would be what would have happened had the tower fell from vibrations.

The next one they discussed was the missile theory and the pentagon. They debunked that one in an instant by showing the whole clip that lead up to the eye witness report that used the term "it was like a cruise missile with wings" which theorists took completely out of context by using only those words and not his whole statement. In his whole statement he (the Witness) stated I saw an American Airlines Plane heading toward the Pentagon followed by "it was like a cruise missile with wings".

[edit on 9/11/2006 by shots]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm curious if the Popular Mechanics guy he had on is that 27 year old without any mentioned degree whose big claim to fame is that he got his private pilot license in one week and got to be a pro-ball mascot for a day. The same one that backed out of an on-air debate with one of the Scholar guys...is that the one Glenn - with all his physics background and science experience jointly and with resounding finality answered the questions a number of us with a bit more education in the area haven't been able to resolve yet?

I think ATS should be afwaid...vewwy afwaid.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I caught part of that section of the show.

It's weird, sometimes he has more imagination than a kindergartener,
and other times, he sounds like some stale report.

What I'm geting at is that he has'nt even consideed the possibilites
that 9/11 was a conspiracy.

Not that I personally believe that everything that is said is true,
I though don't call for the total ruthless discrediting of people.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
That's pretty closed minded, I mean, I don't agree with ALOT of stuff said on here, but to call to 'arms' a debunking squad just makes you look like there's something to hide... Point people at the sites, let them read and decide...

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Consider the corporation that provides him with a paycheck...

CREDIBLE? LMFAO.

CNN ranks up there with FauX.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I'm curious if the Popular Mechanics guy he had on is that 27 year old without any mentioned degree whose big claim to fame is that he got his private pilot license in one week and got to be a pro-ball mascot for a day.

I missed his name Val so cannot comment on the man and his credentials. Just thought I would mention it to prepare members of ATS for war is all

You can always catch the rerun later tonight, I think they may have mentioned his name, but I honestly do not recall.

[edit on 9/11/2006 by shots]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
He has a very small audience and hopes they will raise him to somehwere near 1/100 of Rush's audience. His signing with the off channel, low budget, late night, cable program was a coup for him and a great opportunity. BUT, if this is what he's using his tiny "off brand" Cable TV audience for I hope he's picking up lots of new radio listeners!

Assuming he is way smarter than his handlers (which I DO assume) I have to think he is PRAYING he gets several sites like ours really "mad at him" in the hope of creating some, ANY KIND of buzz, that will bring him some new audience.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
About the young gun of PM, I believe the name you're looking for is Davin Coburn.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Assuming he is way smarter than his handlers (which I DO assume) I have to think he is PRAYING he gets several sites like ours really "mad at him" in the hope of creating some, ANY KIND of buzz, that will bring him some new audience.

Don't do him the honor, Springer.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

I am not so sure it is just him Springer, it may be CNN. I caught the tail end of Anderson Cooper 360° and he had another man on doing the very same thing, unfortunately they were just winding up the segment thus I missed virtually all but just the last few lines.

On Anderson Cooper 360°' they were debunking the Pentagon talking about no marks on the grass and reasons why there weren't any, other then that I have to wait for a transcript to get details on that.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ask him why PM cancelled their debate with ST911 five minutes before it was supposed to happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Problem is, all theories can't be debunked. They attempt to debunk them with the same logic used to create craazy CTs. In some other thread, we pointed out that the owner of Popular Mechanics is the Hearst Corporation, and the CEO of Hearst is a major political player around NYC, and a friend of the Bush family.

No agenda there.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts
Ask him why PM cancelled their debate with ST911 five minutes before it was supposed to happen.

Huh? There was a debate recently or are you talking about a different debate??

Debate: Loose Change Filmmakers vs. Popular Mechanics Editors

Link has the whole transcript although it is a rush and may not be fully accurate.

[edit on 9/13/2006 by shots]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Huh? There was a debate recently or are you talking about a different debate??

Different debate...

They CANCELLED with ST911 to debate the "weaker" Dylan Avery thinking they could "win...

Seattle - The magazine Popular Mechanics, which recently released a book slamming the 9/11 Truth movement, cancelled a radio debate Tuesday between one of the book's contributors and a 9/11 truth activist just two hours before airtime. The debate, planned two weeks in advance, was scheduled to air on the Dori Munson talk radio program on KIRO AM 710, August the 22nd, at 1:00 PM.

Richard Curtis, PhD, an Adjunct Professor of Philosophy at several Seattle area colleges and an active member of "Scholars for 9/11 Truth," was scheduled to debate Davin Coburn, a research editor at Popular Mechanics and one of the contributors to the book Debunking 9/11 Myths: Why Conspiracy Theories Can't Stand Up To The Facts, on Munson's radio show. Munson, furious about the last minute cancellation, said that the books PR firm was responsible for the decision and that none of the contributors to the new book would be allowed on the air with anyone from "Scholars for 9/11 Truth."

Source: www.911blogger.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I see, i mean, it is not like the guy could have been sick, right? That is not as far fetched as some of the ideas that are disucussed on this site..

This is what is needed, and it seems to me that there is a lot of fear in some of these posts that things will be revealed that do NOT support some of the CT agenda. If you watched any of the 9/11 coverage this past weekend, it was amazing to see it all in real time and realize where alot of the comments and incorrect data was reported.

Here is one that really hurt to watch. Remember the 'explosions' that firefighters and others stated that they heard 'after' the impact of the planes. Turns out if you watch it is the bodies that are falling, making such a noise that it was originally for the first few minutes thought there were small explosions above in the upper floors of the WTC, when it was jsut people hitting the roof of the concourse with such impact they were mistaken for explosions. I heard the and saw the footage, and it fits. You hear a firefighter stating 'what is that' what is that because it is so loud. It was just bodies.

If you watch the fims from multiple angles that were given, you can see the collapse initiate in the second tower with the collapse of the radio tower, followed seconds later by the entire building.

This is not about debunking, but rather just finding the truth to all of our questions. That is what we all want.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Here is one that really hurt to watch. Remember the 'explosions' that firefighters and others stated that they heard 'after' the impact of the planes. Turns out if you watch it is the bodies that are falling, making such a noise that it was originally for the first few minutes thought there were small explosions above in the upper floors of the WTC, when it was jsut people hitting the roof of the concourse with such impact they were mistaken for explosions. I heard the and saw the footage, and it fits. You hear a firefighter stating 'what is that' what is that because it is so loud. It was just bodies.

Diod thes bodies also blow the lower bank elevator doors open from the bottom?

Did they knock the marble/granite panels off of the walls in the concourse?

I didn't think so. Just keep grasping...

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
How I hate Glen Beck! I feel terrible being on the same side of the issue as him regarding most of the 911 theories.

If I were Bush and wanted a new Pearl Harbor style event, I would simply get on the phone and ask the Bin Laden family to arrange for a major terrorist atack on US soil and have him let me know when/where a few days ahead of time. And then I'd plant evidence (passports, etc) to frame certain terrorists so as to further distract attention away from myself. This is much easier and requires fewer witnesses than arranging for remote controll airplanes, or missile strikes with simulated jet attacks, or the murdering of entire planeloads of Americans so they wuoldn't come back and say they didn't hit the Pentagon after all, etc..

The fact the towers collapsed was completely unexpected--even by the instigators. That's because they didn't need the towers to fall to get the shock and awe they were seeking. All they needed were jetliners striking the towers and The Pentagon and maybe some other DC target.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I see, i mean, it is not like the guy could have been sick, right? That is not as far fetched as some of the ideas that are disucussed on this site..

Read the article if you are capable of doing such... The reason for cancellation is IN THE ARTICLE and it is because PM "management" demanded that they NOT DEBATE ST911.

FACT.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
grasp this Slaps. I read the article , and this is not about the doors to the elevators. Those were casued by jet fuel. READ 102 minutes, an account of the people inside the buildings, and you would learn that. or, do a web search and you will find it...Start another post and I'll finish it for you, OK?

Also, there was no demand. I like how you always change the official wording
It stated

said that the books PR firm was responsible for the decision and that none of the contributors to the new book would be allowed on the air with anyone from "Scholars for 9/11 Truth."

This could be for any number of reasons. Sorry for my earlier sarcasm about sickness, but this is the same. It could be for any number of reasons, more than likely legal.

This blogger then quotes this guy as calling the debunkers a bucn of funky punks. This has become nerds with ot much time on thier hands begging for attention.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

grasp this Slaps. I read the article , and this is not about the doors to the elevators. Those were casued by jet fuel. READ 102 minutes, an account of the people inside the buildings, and you would learn that. or, do a web search and you will find it...Start another post and I'll finish it for you, OK?

WTF are you talking about? I am talking about PM backing out of a debate...

I think you are losing it.

But to address you INCORRECTNESS yet again, the doors that were blown open were on a bank of elevators that only went to the 33rd floor... AND they were blown open in and upside down V shape FROM THE BOTTOM... Do a little searching.

Your book sucks and is wrong.

Jet fuel COULD NOT HAVE traveled down the single freigt elevator shaft, the onlyo ne that went all the way down and HAD A CAR IN IT, UNIGNITED, collected and DETONATED. THEN, it csomehow blew out the doors on a bank of elevators it was not even connected to? JEEBUS... That WHOLE LOGIC is simply REJECTED.

EVER throw a bucket og GAS on a fire? do you see it dripping away? running downhill unignited?

Didn't think so pops.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join